Using Protein and Moisturizing Conditioners

northernbelle

I would appreciate information re: the use of protein and moisturing conditioners. I wash my hair once a week, and therefore my questions are:

1. Are protein and moisturizing conditioners to be used on the same hair wash day?

2. Does one alternate between the two conditioners - protein one week, moisturizing the next?

3. Does one apply the protein conditioner first, then the moisturizing conditioner?

I look forward to receiving your responses.

Thank you.

northernbelle

SVT

1. Are protein and moisturizing conditioners to be used on the same hair wash day?

They can be. A heavy protein conditioner or treatment like Aphogee should always be followed by a moisturizing conditioner. Depending upon your hair, a light protein conditioner such as Aubrey Organics Glycogen Protein Balancer can be used by itself.

2. Does one alternate between the two conditioners - protein one week, moisturizing the next?

The frequency depends upon how much protein you think your hair needs and which brand you're considering using.

3. Does one apply the protein conditioner first, then the moisturizing conditioner?

Yes.