V. A Prayer For Deliverance Against Bitterness!

Iwanthealthyhair67

Lord Jesus, Your Word says that when we look unto You, we are lightened: And our faces are not ashamed.--And that when this poor man cries out to You, that You will hear me and save me and deliver me out of all my troubles! (Psa.34:5,6)

So Lord, I call on You now with a whole heart, and I ask You to hear and answer and deliver me, in Jesus' name! I realise that these roots of bitterness are like a deadly infection, Lord, so I ask You right now to uproot and take them all away! Lord, please rid me of any doubts or fears or resentments or hurts about the past, or even about things that are happening right now, and give me faith to just let it all go into Your care.--To cast all my cares upon You because You care for me! (1Pet.5:7)

If I still hang on to any such roots, even little roots, Lord, in the back of my heart, I know the Devil will play on them and aggravate them. So I rebuke the Enemy in this bitterness and this lack of trusting You, and I rebuke any unyieldedness to You, Lord! Help me, Jesus, just to be a yielded vessel and not try to be the clay saying to the Potter, "Why hast Thou made me thus?" or "Why have You done this to me and treated me this way and allowed this thing to happen that I resent!"--Or "Why are You doing these things to me right now?" Please help me to just be yielded, a yielded broken vessel, Lord, one that's willing to do anything for You!

Forgive me for all my sins, Lord, and help me not to criticise You and the way You're running my life. Help me not to ever think that I'm in any way more righteous than You, that I would do things better than You could have done. Please forgive me, Lord, for all my murmuring and doubting! It's such a terrible sin, Lord because my bitterness is really against You! Please help me to stop it!

So please strengthen me, Lord, with Your Word and the Sword of Your Spirit that I may be able to truly resist and fight the Enemy! Help me, Lord, to be properly armed against all the fiery darts of the Evil One and his doubts and criticisms and lies and murmurs and resentments and "poor-me's" and all the demonic fiery darts of the Devil!

And help me, Lord, not to fight nor resist whatever it is that You want to use to break me and humble me and draw and keep me close to You. I know, Lord, that You know what's best for me, even if it doesn't always seem best for me, Lord! You just want to see if I'm willing to trust You and believe You and believe that "All things truly do work together for good to them that love Thee"!--Rom.8:28.

I know that things will be a lot easier if I just accept what You've done in my life in the past and what You're trying to do in my life right now. I know it'll be easier, Lord, if I accept the breakings and the chastisements and the lessons and all of these things, if I don't fight against them, if I just yield. Jesus, help me not to give the Devil an inch, not to allow even one tiny root or offshoot of bitterness to remain in my heart!

I know that I cannot expect Your blessing and protection when I run away from You, out of Your Will, even spiritually in thought. So keep me close to You with pure and positive thoughts of You and Your Word, in Jesus' name!

Help me, Lord, to watch my thoughts and watch my words and to fill my heart and mind with You and Your Word so that I'll be well-protected and fortified and surrounded by Your Angels of protection and Your Guardian Angels, Lord, that care for Your children all the time.

And Lord, please renew me with Your wonderful Spirit of Love! Please fill me with Your Holy Spirit, Lord, that I may have a heart full of Your Love. Your Word says, "Above all things have fervent love one toward another."--1Pet.4:8. Please help me not to condemn or judge others in pride or self-righteousness.

Please give me more of Your Love, Your patience, Your humility, which is synonymous with love--littleness in my own eyes. Give me sweetness and love for others. Help me to mete unto other men's bosoms as I want You to mete unto me. Help me to truly forgive other men's sins as You have forgiven me, to have mercy upon others as You have had mercy upon me.
Guard me from the Devil who goeth about as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. I know he is the one who stands day and night accusing Your Saints and trying to divide, trying to subvert, propagandising and lying and causing doubts and fears and casting fiery darts of hate and resentment.

Help me to be more like You, Lord Jesus!--And help me not to be like the Enemy--the Accuser of the Saints, the harsh, the cruel, the devourer! Help me to be forgiving and patient, and to have mercy as I want mercy, and to treat others in their errors as I want You to treat me in mine!
Help me to truly forgive all those against whom I have felt offended or resentful or bitter. I sincerely pray that now, Lord, regarding all of those who may have offended me or failed me or made mistakes, who somehow affected or hurt or upset me. Please help me to forgive. I ask You to please forgive me. "Forgive me my sins as I forgive those who have sinned against me."--Luk.11:4.

Lord, help me to be more simple and childlike in these things! Your Word says, "In understanding be ye men, but in malice be ye children."--1Cor.14:20. So even if I'm offended sometimes, help me to let it go and forget it right away. Help me not to hold things against people, to not stay offended! Help me to cut these sensitive thoughts off before they have a chance to become any kind of bitterness. Help me to truly forgive and forget and love. Help me to keep my life as simple as I can, Lord, to live simply and try not to be complicated, trying to keep track of how I've been offended and by whom, etc.

Help me now, Lord, and deliver and uproot any and all evil seeds or roots of bitterness, envy or hate!--That I might be delivered and freed and be all the freer to go ahead with even greater conviction to get the job done that You have called me to do!--Help me to "lay aside every weight and the sin which doth so easily beset me," that I may truly run Your race, for Your glory, in Jesus' name!

I know, Lord, that this is not just something that I do once and for all, but I have to constantly be forsaking all these temptations and negative thoughts in my heart, all the time forsaking the old ways and laying aside these weights and hindrances. Lord, every day I've got to forsake the Devil's voice and temptations which try to call me back and suck me back into the old ways and the old habits and bondages, so help me to do that, and keep fighting! Thank You, Lord, for delivering me!--In Jesus' name, amen.

"Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and He will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon."--Isa.55:7.

"For it is better to hearken unto the voice of thy Lord than to dwell in the fields of bitterness! It is better to follow thy God than to follow the words of Man."

Crucible

Thanks for posting. This prayer and confession is truly a blessing to all those who ingest the content into their heart.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Thank you, 'Healthy Hair'... this is full of deliverance. Full...:yep:

ClassicChic

This is right on time. I have allowed bitterness to root inside my heart. I have not been able to sleep. I remember reading once that when you can't sleep, you should read your bible. So I did just that. Them I came into the Christian forum. Message received! Thank you!