VENTING.....

:eek:ffrant:................:spoiler:
So anyway...I'm in the journals and I decide hey I have basically made up my mind on the products I want to use and the methods so why not create my regimen. Heck I'm online why not put it in my journal so I can look back at it. Yeah that's a good idea... ahhh...no :naughty:

I'm typing along really getting into it. I've got headings, different fonts, colors the whole freaking nine when :wallbash: I don't know if I hit something or what but I lost every :swearing:thing :thud:

Never one to panic I decide to try to see if I can get it back here I am searching :detective: through temp files and crap trying to get it back up because of course I am so smart there is no other copy. Not in Microsoft and not even on good ole paper :pullhair:

:cry4: why why why Why me lawd why me Somebody :help:please Is there anything I can do to get this thing back? If you can think of something please let me know

:thatsall:p.S I have ranted so long I don't think I feel so bad anymore :lachen:

Last edited:

mscocoface

You just scared the you know what out of me. I am sooooo sorry to hear about this, I don't have any idea what to tell you but I hope the computer gurus jump in here and quick.

What scared me is that I have a hair dairy that is almost 300 pages long (I started it when I began true natural hair care back in Dec. '05) and I have never thought to make a back up copy of it. I am about to tear open my card thingy and put it on there so I have a copy somewhere just in case.

I don't even want to think about not having this journal, that is like being in a movie theater watching a horror flick and I am inside the horror flick.

Off to go handle this right this very moment. I pray someone comes to the rescue quickly for you.

Thank you for feeling my pain glad to see someone understands. Yeah if I was you I would definatley back that bad boy up. That is a lot to lose I would definatley pass out if I had one that big. You see I had a coronary over that lil bit I did have :grin:. 300 pages that is major but looking at your hair I can see why you have so much material. It is just beautiful. Like I said though venting helped me feel a little bit better but I'm a little bit bitter about putting it back in there. Nothing like good old pen and paper :yep:

carameldiva

MzSouthVa- I can definitely feel your pain. I sat down and typed a 2.5 hour post for my online class only to lose the whole document at the end. I freaked, stayed up the whole nite and half the next day. Needless to say i never recovered it. But i found out what to do to prevent it from happening again and why it happened. I reccommend from now on typing your doc in Microsoft word because it has auto-backup and then copy and paste it here when you are done. HTH.

mscocoface

oooh, great idea, I wonder if I will blow the circuits if I put mine on here. I better ask to see if something that large will be okay. Thanks for that idea. I did back mine up and made a second copy but you can never be too sure.

carameldiva,

Oh my goodness gurl that had to be so heart breaking. I feel worst for you than me. At least I didn't have much and it wasn't really that important. And yeah you're right microsoft is best because of that back up. It has saved my butt a few times when I was at work and everything closed because I had too many programs open.

I don't know what I was thinking making my original and only copy not only on a computer but online. :sad: I'm the person who saves a document every few lines when I am typing offline (bad experience with an english paper in high school taught me that) but never even thought about losing it online.

BTW the idea to type it in word first is the greatest idea. Never even thought about it. That way not only am I sure not to lose it but I also have another copy. Plus I can print a hard copy. Thank you so much for that suggestion. Ya live and you learn.

Thanks for replying you two ladies made me feel so much better just hearing me.:grouphug3: