Very Dry Scalp Issues....

Hi guys, I have always had a problem with my very dry scalp in the past. I also have eczema, a very dry skin condition. What types of oils should I look into for my hair and scalp? (Esp. anything that wont revert pressed hair)

WomanlyCharm

My scalp has always been very dry too.

I started using a mix of avocado and grapeseed oils on my scalp. I mixed them in a spray bottle and added some rosemary oil, and spritz a little bit every few days. My scalp loves me for it, no more itchies! :)

My hair is relaxed, but I don't think the oils should be a problem for your pressed hair.

sugaplum

Star Shooter
BUMPING!!

My fiance has dry scalp as well. He shampoo's every other day. Would a hot oil treatment be ok? Or should he use something else? :confused:

alexstin

I just started using Jane Carter Solution scalp serum(got a sample). That's some good stuff. This is day 2 and I can tell a big difference already. The itching is drastically reduced on my head and my daughter's.

I'll have to look into the grapeseed and avocado oils as I would rather not pay $18 for JCS serum.

adf23

I know not everyone likes it, but I have to throw a testimony for Nizoral shampoo is this thread. I had the worst case of dandruff/dermatitis/scaling you could think if- washing my hair 2 times with Nizoral stopped it completely. I now only have to wash with it once a month to keep the flakes away (I was my hair with regular shampoo the rest of the time)

Twisties

I 2nd the Nizoral Shampoo. It stopped flaking and itching for me too. I use IC PM Night Oil by Fantasia. It's good but not all natural.

adf23 said:
I know not everyone likes it, but I have to throw a testimony for Nizoral shampoo is this thread. I had the worst case of dandruff/dermatitis/scaling you could think if- washing my hair 2 times with Nizoral stopped it completely. I now only have to wash with it once a month to keep the flakes away (I was my hair with regular shampoo the rest of the time)

I was prescribed that shampoo and was afraid of using it... now if i could only find out where it is..

atlien11

i second EMU Oil. It absorbs into the scalp very well. Evening Primrose Oil would also be beneficial.