Video of my 6 month stretch results

aquajoyice

Hi ladies,

I just posted a video on youtube showing my 6 month stretch results. Instead of doing a lot of picture I just put together a video of my flat ironing and doing a trim. I ended my stretch on Oct 17 and I could definitely tell a difference between my new growth and hair that had been texlaxed every 8 weeks. Let me know what you think!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8CN4bc0ZsI

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

The Princess

I like the way you trim your hair. Your hair is beautiful. What was your protective styles during your stretch? Also was it hard for you to stretch that long?

aquajoyice

I like the way you trim your hair. Your hair is beautiful. What was your protective styles during your stretch? Also was it hard for you to stretch that long?
Thank-you :) I think I made it more complicated than what it really should have been. Since this was my first stretch past 8 weeks I was expecting this massive amount of new growth to make it difficult. So I began wearing protective styles too early. I started wearing them religiously at 3 months. And now that I think about it I could have wore my hair out more up until the 4th month. My new growth was still manageable. So that's one mistake i wont do again. And another is to detangle more often then what I did towards the end. I had a hard time getting through my new growth during the texlax process. At one point I got really impatient and wasn't carefully detangling and probably lost more hair than I needed too.

My protective styles consisted of a lot of buns, french braids, braid outs, I used Mixed chicks a couple times.... and anything creative that protected my ends and ensured low manipulation.

Last edited:

nikki2229

Very pretty.
Your length had me fooled there for a minute.
How did the ponytails cause breakage for you? I wear them frequently so now I am concerned.
Are you BSL or MBL?

aquajoyice

Very pretty.
Your length had me fooled there for a minute.
How did the ponytails cause breakage for you? I wear them frequently so now I am concerned.
Are you BSL or MBL?

I wore my pontails really really tight just about everyday. And I wasn't using ouchless ponytail holders. I've learned my lesson and now i'm very careful when wearing my hair up.
My hair is a full BSL, I wont claim MBL until my hair is thickand full at that point. I'm not about scraggly ends getting me there LOL.

Last edited:

McQuay30

What was some of the main products you used for detangling your hair?? I am at the beginning of my 9th weeks and this is the longest I have every stretched in my entire life.

tkj25

beautiful hair & great results! congrats on your successful stretch :grin::grin::grin:
love that song in your video too. what is it?