Virgin cocount cream (fnwl)

Kurlee

:lick: I :love: this stuff. I never knew coconut oil was supposed to feel like this or look like this:look:. I usually get the solid white, odourless coconut oil thinking its virgin.:nono: Sooooo not the case, I learned that it has been heated very high, uses the crappy part of the coconut, and alot of the nutrients are lost, which is why it is odourless and sometimes cloudy when heated to liquid form.

What i got from fnwl, jus the smell alone is :drool:. Did an oil rinse with it and :drool: the softness is unreal. Its cheap too:yep:
My new three are olive butter, avocado oil+butter and virgin coconut cream:love:

http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/soap/product.asp?product_id=oilvirgincocon

Thanks for the info - I purchased coconut oil and didn't think to look if it said virgin and wasn't too impressed with it as it just seemed to be very oily. I will give virgin a try - Thanks again

is it food grade ?
just wondering cause I was thinking about takin coconut oil as a supplement one large container two purposes.....sounds good to me:grin:

Coconut oil and coconut cream (virgin or not) are not the same thing. That might be why they didn't look or react the same.

what i got was virgin coconut cream oil. My mom used to make coconut oil but its very time consuming for the amount that u get for the process.

But yes what i got was not coconut cream (whats used in cooking, with the white coconut bits in it) but the ORGANIC version of the hard white coconut oil we are used to. After using this I couldn't go back to the other kind, theres a marked difference in quality.

This is what i got:
Virgin coconut oil, as it has come to be known, differs from regular refined, bleached and deodorized coconut oil as it is extracted from freshly cut coconuts, not the dried copra. It has not been subjected to high temperatures, solvents or refinement procedures. The exact method of extraction may differ among the various virgin coconut oils available on the market, however, only an oil that starts with freshly harvested, healthy coconuts, and ends with the least amount of moisture possible, will result in a high quality Virgin Coconut Oil. Unfortunately, there is no set standard yet for producing Virgin Coconut Oil and therefore, locating a supplier for a superior quality virgin coconut oil can prove difficult. Beware of oils that look cloudy when completely liquid or oils that smell of burnt rubber or rancid coconuts.
Our 100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is obtained from freshly harvested coconut meat that has been grated and then expeller pressed to produce the coconut milk. This milk is then centrifuged to separate the milk into coconut solids, water and oil. This separation is so thorough that the oil has no moisture left in it to promote rancidity, and the oil does not need to undergo any further heating to remove moisture. This method yields the finest, creamiest, most flavorful coconut oil possible. This unique cold process extraction takes place within hours of opening the coconuts, and it conserves all of the nutritive, functional components of coconuts such as squalene, tocopherols and sterol.
Virgin coconut oil is a light, penetrating oil with excellent shelf life and stability. It smells of fresh coconut milk. Virgin Coconut Oil performs similarly to Kukui, Jojoba, Illipe and Shea butter. In countries where it is produced, it is a food source and has been found to be the best source of monolaurin, a well known antiseptic substance found in breast milk.
Properties:
  • Moisturizes and protects skin/hair
  • Anti-fungal
  • Lends oxidative stability to formulations in which it is used
  • High in unsaponifiables, making it a wonderful oil in soaps
  • High Vitamin E content
  • When used as a carrier for essential oils, it encapsulates the oil and prevents evaporation of the volatile components.
Uses:
  • Virgin coconut oil is an excellent superfatting agent in soaps.
  • Use it as a carrier for essential oils or oils such as neem to help deliver the oils under the skin.
  • It is a wonderful base oil for lotion, cream, body butter and lip balm formulations.
  • It can be included in hair oil formulations to condition and increase manageability and sheen.
  • It is a suitable non-greasy, non-staining massage oil.

Last edited:
:lick: I :love: this stuff. I never knew coconut oil was supposed to feel like this or look like this:look:. I usually get the solid white, odourless coconut oil thinking its virgin.:nono: Sooooo not the case, I learned that it has been heated very high, uses the crappy part of the coconut, and alot of the nutrients are lost, which is why it is odourless and sometimes cloudy when heated to liquid form.

What i got from fnwl, jus the smell alone is :drool:. Did an oil rinse with it and :drool: the softness is unreal. Its cheap too:yep:
My new three are olive butter, avocado oil+butter and virgin coconut cream:love:

http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/soap/product.asp?product_id=oilvirgincocon

I used it on my hair and my skin and it is delicious indeed but not easy to find here

I massage my baby with this stuff.. she smells so good and is so soft and happy..afterwards.. now to convince dh to massage me with it. :) My baby seems to sleep longer after I massage her with this oil vs her baby lotion. Thanks for the post.. very good information to learn!

I got mine at whole foods.. they call it Extra Virgin Organic coconut oil.

Last edited:
Too funny! I was all over the net yesterday looking for the *best* evco to buy. I found some great sources but wanted a large size since I use that stuff for EVERYTHING!! I love coconut oil and you are so right-once you get the one that actually smells like coconut, there is no going back-EVER!! Their prices are so low for that stuff on FNWL. The next closest I found was $25 more. Glad for the thumbs up:yep:

Hmm...Now I'm thinking about switching coconut oils! As of right now I'm using Jungle Products Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, and it's better than the previous oil that i used (which was spectrum organics), but I still feel it could be better. It stays somewhat solid at room temperature (spectrum was liquid at room temperature), but when I look at the parts that have turned liquid, the liquid looks kind of cloudy. I don't think that's good. The bottle claims that it's "Certified organic extra-virgin cold-pressed coconut oil." and it also claims that it doesn't filter it. I wonder if anyone else uses this coconut oil and whether they like it or not?

I'm telling u once u try this kind, u will love it. If the cocounut oil is liquid at room temperature its fractionated, which mean it was heated at high temps and some of its properties have been lost.

Anyhoo, I hope some of you ladies get to try it. When I find something good I want everyone to experience.

HTH:drunk:

Back