Vitamin E on edges

cutiebe2

I heard (either here or on another board) that putting vitamin E (mixed with olive oil) on hair edges could help to fill them in. My hairline is OK but it could be better, so I have been putting this on (I open Vit E oil caps every night and rub it in). If anyone has heard of/ used this then I have some questions.
1. Do you think I should just leave it in or should I wash it off after a while, I'm worried this might be vitamin E overload?
2. Has anyone tried this and had results?
thanks!:D
P.S I think this may be working (its been two weeks) but I haven't had significant growth yet.

carameldiva

i have used vitamin e in problem spots with excellent result- i just poked a hole in the capsule and applied it directly to the affected spot and massaged it in- i did it 2x a day.

Mizani_Mrs

i dont think it'll help with growth especially since u are applying to the ends. but i do think that it will help significantly in lubricating and softening the ends, therefore retaining them. If you keep this up you will not have broken ends that require alot of trimming! keep it up! and good luck!

cutiebe2

carmeldive- Thank you so much for your advice, I'm going to start doing it 2x daily and see what happens
Mizani_Mrs-I'm not putting this on my ends (although I did hear of this too), but on my edges ( the temple area, etc)