Vitamin Effects on New Growth

H

HoneyRockette

I just started taking vitamins after I don't know how long. I take a one a day plus biotin and silica. When I get into the swing of popping pills again I will add the EPO and MSM that has been sitting on my shelf since this summer. I stopped taking vits before because not only do I hate taking vitamins, but I didn't notice anything spectacular. I just don't notice little things like shiny or moist new growth. I only get a half an inch a month most months. Compared to the rest of my hair, the texture of my new growth is barely noticeable. It all looks the same after I have permed over it anyway. Is it just me? Are your vitamins results THAT noticeable or do you just pay really close attention to your scalp? I was expecting something dramatic but unless I get reflector-like shine from the half an inch I get most months, I don't think I would notice. How do you tell your new growth is more moist anyway? Is that in comparison to the hair you already have? The general assumption is that new growth is healthier than the existing hair anyway. How can you tell when the vitamins make it moister?

P.S. Is moister a word? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Crysdon

Good question.

I have noticed very positive results with new growth since adding Biotin to my regime.

The new growth is very shiny and similar in texture to the relaxed part, the only difference is that the new growth is very wavy, but it has the same texture. I also notice a healthy scalp. I used to get dandruff quite often, but I think the Biotin has made it go completely away. I NEVER have dandruff anymore.

As for the moistness of new growth...yes I notice it because before vitamins, there was a dry, coarse texture to my new growth.

Hope that answers your questions. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

A

AmilLion

Are you consistant with you're vitamins. How many mcg's are you taking of biotin and silica. I heard that Biotin works better with MSM. How long have you've been taking your vitamins?

Nyambura

surfer girl
HoneyRockette, I too have been taking silica for a while (@ 2 months) and I have not seen shiny new growth either. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

pebbles

Hi Honeyrockette,

I'm not getting the shiny new growth,(I can't tell really. The new growth is not long enough for me to tell), but the new growth has been very noticable for me. My hair is growing faster than usual. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

daviine

HoneyRockette------these are my thoughts <font color="brown"> EXACTLY </font color> ------I just always assume that if I ever take my vits consistently that what everyone says will be true......otherwise..I'll probably never know.

Drea84

Yea,
Iv'e lost my motivation to consume all those vitamins on a day to day basis. Ah well...I'll get motivated when someone talks about a growth spurt due to vitamin x,y,z! /images/graemlins/blush.gif