Vitamin Shoppe Biotin

daviine

I see VS has a 5mg potency of Biotin as well as Country Life. DO you think I should try this or should I stick with Country Life?

I've never taken either. However, up until now, I thought Country Life was the only one with this potency.
And is anyone taking more than 5000 mcg daily? Let me know.

daviine

A

AmilLion

I'm taking Vitamin Shoppe's 5000mcg's of Biotin. All I can say is within days of taking the vitamin, I started noticing alot of itching with my scalp. One day I woke up and it was as if I had 1" of new growth. I kid you not! I was thinking DA Yummmmmmmmmmm. I stopped taking the Biotin for 2 days to see if it was the Biotin causing my scalp to itch and it was. However, I notice that when it itches, I get these growth spurts.

Kitkat

You know, somotimes my scalp itches after I wash my hair. When it happens, I think that maybe I didn't wash my hair properly. But after it started happening after every wash, I thought perhaps not. Perhaps the biotin really is taking effect after all!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

A

AmilLion

It can very well be the vitamins. My moms noticed when she started hair vitamins her scalp increased in sensitivity.

I noticed when starting the vitamins, I experienced headaches, acne breakout and an itchy scalp. Now, my skin is glowing, the headaches are going away. ANd you had to see my skin....Omg it was horrible, I'm lightskin and I had blotches before...now the blotches are GONE!

I've been taking the vitamins for about 19 days.

meelie76

How much Biotin should one take? I was going to buy a bottle today and it said 800mg. I don't know if that is too much for me to take? How can I find out?