Vitamins and hair Growth, could this be the magic solution

FashionistaNY

In my research I found that the following vitamins in combination with a healthy diet could push your growth to it's optimal:

Vitamin A,C,E, Copper, Silica, Biotin, Gelatine, Inositol, B-Complex and L-Cysteine.

Well, I was in Vitamin Shoppe and was looking at the B-Complex vitamins and I ran across Vitamin Shoppe Multivitamins Stress Formula which contains the following vitamins/minerals.

Vitamin A - 10000 IU
Vitamin C- 1000 mg
Vitamin D - 400 IU
Vitamin E - 100 IU
B1 - 50 mg
B2 - 50 mg
B3 - 100 mg
B5 - 50 mg
B6 - 50 mg
B9 - 400mcg
B12 - 50 mcg
Biotin - 300 mcg
Calcium - 100 mg
Iodine - 75 mcg
Magnesium - 100 mg
Zinc - 7 mg
Copper - 1.5 mg
Selenium - 70 mcg
Manganese - 5 mg
Potassium - 50 mg
L-Glutamic Acid - 50 mg

According to some research I did about hair, hair is a keratin protein made out of the following amino acids:

Cysteine 17.5%
Serine 11.7
Glutamic acid 11.1
Threonine 6.9
Glycine 6.5
Leucine 6.1
Valine 5.9
Arginine 5.6
Aspartic acid 5.0
Alanine 4.8
Proline 3.6
Isoleucine 2.7
Tyrosine 1.9
Phenylalanine 1.4
Histidine 0.8
Methionine 0.5

So, I'm wondering, if we took an amino acid complex (saw a great liquid one by Vitamin Shoppee) with the Vitamin Shoppe Multivitamin Stress Formula could this in fact increase growth. As B-Complex vitamins are most effective when taken in certain dosages and with certain vitamins and this multivitamin seems to contain everything required in the right dosages.

FashionistaNY

Vitamin A contributes to the body’s ability to produce cells and tissues. Vitamin A also works in lubricating the sebaceous glands. These glands are an important part of keeping the hair follicle from drying out. Take vitamin A with B group vitamins, vitamins C, D and E, choline, essential fatty acids together with calcium, phosphorus and zinc for the best results.

Vitamin C is responsible for producing collagen within the body, the substance that binds cells together. Without adequate amounts of Vitamin C, our bodies are not able to bind the necessary cells together to form healthy hair. Vitamin C also greatly enhances the body’s ability to absorb iron. Vitamin C will be more effective if taken with bioflavonoids (Vitamin P), calcium and magnesium. To enhance the antioxidant properties, it will be best to take it with the other anti-oxidants, as there is strong evidence of synergy between all of them.

Vitamin E increases blood flow and the dispersion of oxygen within the body. It is also critical to the growth and maintenance of healthy hair because of the protective qualities contained within this nutrient. Take Vitamin E with the range of antioxidants - that being vitamin C, beta-carotene and selenium. Vitamin B group vitamins as well as inositol and manganese is also indicated.

Copper helps produce healthy red blood cells; allowing the body to carry oxygen to various systems.

Silica is believed to play an important role in the process of the body’s ability to produce and maintain healthy hair in that it appears to stimulate cell production

Biotin is to maintain healthy hemoglobin levels, allowing the body to efficiently transport oxygen to cells responsible for the growth of hair. The beneficial effects of biotin on hair may be linked to its ability to improve the metabolism of scalp oils by metabolizing fatty acids. Biotin should be taken with the B-group vitamins, but Vitamin C, Vitamin B 5 (pantothenic acid), Vitamin B12 and sulfur are good companions to it.

Gelatine increases hair strength and diameter.

Inositol helps to grow hair. Choline should be taken in the same amount as inositol and the best is to take the entire B group vitamins with it, Vitamin E, vitamin C as well as folic acid and linoleic acid is thought to increase the functioning of inositol.

L-Cysteine , an amino acid speeds up hair growth and increases hair shaft diameter resulting in fuller hair. L-Cysteine has been reported to facilitate longer hair growth, beyond what is genetically programmed. Best taken with selenium vitamin B6 and vitamin E.

B1 -Thiamin may enhance circulation, helps with blood formation and the metabolism of carbohydrates. Thiamin should be taken with the B group vitamins and manganese

B2 – Riboflavin is required by the body to use oxygen and the metabolism of amino acids, fatty acids, and carbohydrates. It is needed when protein intake is high. If taking a B2 supplement make sure that the B6 amount is nearly the same. Riboflavin is best taken with B group vitamins and vitamin C.

B3 – Niacin is required for cell respiration, helps in the release of energy and metabolism of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins, proper circulation and healthy skin. Niacin is best taken with the B group vitamins and vitamin C.

B5 – Pantothenic Acid plays an important role in the secretion of hormones, such as cortisone because of the role it plays in supporting the adrenal gland. These hormones assist the metabolism, help to fight allergies and are beneficial in the maintenance of healthy skin, muscles and nerves. It is most effective when taken with the B group vitamins, Vitamin A, vitamin C and Vitamin E.

B6 - Pyridoxine is required for the balancing of hormonal changes in women as well as assisting the immune system and the growth of new cells. Pyridoxine should be taken together with the entire B group vitamins, and in supplementation the quantity of B6 should be nearly the same as B2, as the B 2 is needed to activate the Pyridoxine. Vitamin C is a good partner in nutrition and magnesium, sodium, potassium, zinc, linoleic acid and fatty acids make good running mates.

B-9 Folic Acid may interact with the body’s ability to absorb Vitamin B12 and zinc. As one of the primary components of a healthy hair structure is cells; Folic acid also produces adequate amounts of myelin known to be critical to the maintenance of healthy hair. Folic acid is more effective when taken with the B group vitamins – especially vitamin B12 and vitamin B6. Vitamin C is also good to have around folic acid.

For a listing of RDA Recommendations visit
http://www.ext.nodak.edu/extpubs/yf/foods/he158w.htm

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Thanks for posting!!! I may try Vitamin Shoppe Multivitamins Stress Formula after I get done with my NatureMade Super B-Complex. First of all, how much does Vitamin Shoppe Multivitamins Stress Formula cost and where can I get it if I don't know where a Vitamin Shoppe is in my city?????:confused:
Looks like Vitamin Shoppe Multivitamins Stress Formula has more vitamins/minerals and more quantities of the most B Vitamins (except B1) than NatureMade Super B-Complex.

NatureMade Super C-Complex contains the following vitamins/minerals:
Vitamin C 150 mg
Thiamin (B1) 100 mg
Riboflavin (B2) 20 mg
Niacin (B3) 25 mg
Pantothenic Acid (B5) 5.5 mg
Vitamin B6 2 mg
Vitamin B12 15 mcg
Biotin 30 mcg
Folic Acid 400 mcg

FashionistaNY said:
Vitamin Shoppe Multivitamins Stress Formula which contains the following vitamins/minerals.

Vitamin A - 10000 IU
Vitamin C- 1000 mg
Vitamin D - 400 IU
Vitamin E - 100 IU
B1 - 50 mg
B2 - 50 mg
B3 - 100 mg
B5 - 50 mg
B6 - 50 mg
B9 - 400mcg
B12 - 50 mcg
Biotin - 300 mcg
Calcium - 100 mg
Iodine - 75 mcg
Magnesium - 100 mg
Zinc - 7 mg
Copper - 1.5 mg
Selenium - 70 mcg
Manganese - 5 mg
Potassium - 50 mg
L-Glutamic Acid - 50 mg

Last edited:

FashionistaNY

Poohbear said:
Thanks for posting!!! I may try Vitamin Shoppe Multivitamins Stress Formula after I get done with my NatureMade Super B-Complex. First of all, how much does Vitamin Shoppe Multivitamins Stress Formula cost and where can I get it if I don't know where a Vitamin Shoppe is in my city?????:confused:
Looks like Vitamin Shoppe Multivitamins Stress Formula has more vitamins/minerals and more quantities of the most B Vitamins (except B1) than NatureMade Super B-Complex.

NatureMade Super C-Complex contains the following vitamins/minerals:
Vitamin C 150 mg
Thiamin (B1) 100 mg
Riboflavin (B2) 20 mg
Niacin (B3) 25 mg
Pantothenic Acid (B5) 5.5 mg
Vitamin B6 2 mg
Vitamin B12 15 mcg
Biotin 30 mcg
Folic Acid 400 mcg

The B-Complex Stress Formula by Vitamin Shoppe cost $5.99 and it really STINKS lol.

If you can't find a vitamin shoppe, try http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/

FashionistaNY

missyT said:
how many vits would we be taking if we took all of these?

Well, the B-Complex, depending on which one you buy, you would only have to take 1-3 pills. The amino acid, is best when purchased in liquid form, so you would take like one to two tablespoons.

BAILEYSCREAM

Wellif you just bought the HF37 or something similar you would be getting all those vitamins and amino acids plus a little extra in the Herbal Booster (herbal blend plus vits) and you would be averaging an inch or more in growth per month.

Just a thought.

After adding up all the prices of my vits combined, HF37 is definitely cheaper.

jamiette

Thanks for the info. I need to start taking vitamins again anyway. I can never seem to stay committed popping those horse pills for longer than 3 weeks.

FashionistaNY

BAILEYSCREAM said:
Wellif you just bought the HF37 or something similar you would be getting all those vitamins and amino acids plus a little extra in the Herbal Booster (herbal blend plus vits) and you would be averaging an inch or more in growth per month.

Just a thought.

After adding up all the prices of my vits combined, HF37 is definitely cheaper.

Hair Formula 37 FYI for those interested $59.99 for a month supply:

Step One Contains
B3- 70mg
B5 - 200mg
B9- 800mcg
B12 - 12mcg
Biotin 200mcg
Iron 4mg
Iodine 300mcg
Zinc 30mg
Manganese 10mg
Choline 1000mg
Inositol 250mg
Para Amino Benzoic Acid 60mg

Step Two:
L-Isoleucine 203mg
L-Leucine 502mg
L-Lysine 436mg
L-Methionine 95mg
L-Phenylalanine 124mg
L-Threonine 188mg
L-Tryptophan 95mg
L-Valine 155mg
L-Aspartic Acid 429mg
L-Serine 137mg
L-Glutamic Acid 661mg
L-Proline 178mg
L-Glycine 68mg
L-Alanine 228mg
L-Cystine 380mg
L-Tyrosine 144mg
L-Histidine 79mg
L-Arginine 98mg

Step three
FoTi 50mg
Vitamin A 2000IU
B5 - 20mg
B9 - 200mcg
B12 - 20mcg
Biotin 100mcg
Niacinamide 20mg
L-Cysteine 40mg
Choline 20mg
Inositol 20mg
Linoleic Acid 20mg
Calcium 50mg
Copper 4mg
Selenium 40mcg
Manganese 10mg
Zinc 10mg
Iodine 100mcg
Tumeric 10mg

Last edited:

BAILEYSCREAM

jamiette said:
Thanks for the info. I need to start taking vitamins again anyway. I can never seem to stay committed popping those horse pills for longer than 3 weeks.

Tell me about it. Well, I spent my money on another 2 months supply of those horse pills and I'm dang well going to use them. Anyway I think once my throat gets used to them it's not so bad. I've been taking them consistently for about a week now. I'm drinking my carrot juice about 2-3 times a week as well.

I also have a big bottle in my room (for nighttime) and I'm drinking more water.

LABETT

You are right since I added a amino complex to my vitamin regimen I have had a growth sprurt.
Thanks for posting.

Iluvsmuhgrass

This sounds really good but I have a question for yall.... I'm sensitive to vitamin C. Anything over 50% taken consecutively over three days causes me to break out in nasty hives... is there anything out there with out so much vitamin C? :confused: