Vitamins for waist length hair in 2 years?

Lioness

Hey girls,

I was wondering if anyone knows which vitamins Robin, the hair lady from www.growafrohairlong.com took to achive waist length hair in 2 years?
I've emailed this question to the contact address twice, but without any reply...

I know that she sells amino protein and mega vitamins on the site,( which I took and were really impressive) but I am now wondering which particular ones she took to get that amazing growth. I know she also changed her diet to high protein, low fat, but I'm so curious as to which vitamins she was taking... :look:

Any help is appreciated. :)

Last edited:

Nanyanika

I've written to Robin numerous times regarding her site, she told me she took amino acids, kelp, b vitamins, fo-ti and also ate foods that contains iron, zinc, calcium etc. I followed her regime and also achieved the same growth rate as her.

pic after taking down my natural twist

shawniegee

New Cut for '09
den1 said:
I've written to Robin numerous times regarding her site, she told me she took amino acids, kelp, b vitamins, fo-ti and also ate foods that contains iron, zinc, calcium etc. I followed her regime and also achieved the same growth rate as her.

Thanks Den1!

Lioness

Thanks Den1!

I had to stop taking the Mass Amino Acids that I bought as they were causing breakouts, :( I take B-vits, iron, L-Cystiene, biotin, cod liver oil, zinc and I've just ordered spirulina-I wonder if thats the same kind of thing as kelp?

So what brand of fo-ti were you taking Den1 and did it cause faster growth?

Nanyanika

Summa Bliss said:
Thanks Den1!

I had to stop taking the Mass Amino Acids that I bought as they were causing breakouts, :( I take B-vits, iron, L-Cystiene, biotin, cod liver oil, zinc and I've just ordered spirulina-I wonder if thats the same kind of thing as kelp?

So what brand of fo-ti were you taking Den1 and did it cause faster growth?
No problem Summa Bliss!!
I was taking NOW FO-TI, it made my natural hair grow in thicker and darker and reduces the shedding and lengthens the growing phase so i was able to achieve longer lengths. The aminos and b vitamins speed up growth.

Ho-Shou-Wu (Foti) is also known as Polygonum multiflorum. This herb was first recorded in Chinese Medicine in 713 A.D. Ho-Shou-Wu is used to improve the cardiovascular system, enhance immune functions, slow degeneration of glands, improve sexual functions, expand life expectancy, and increase antioxidant activity. In addition, it has been extensively used to restore hair color and increase hair growth. Chinese medical theories believe that the condition of the hair is an indication of the body's internal system. Traditional Chinese medicine views the cause of alopecia as a problem originating in the liver or kidney. When the kidney and/or liver is impaired, the quantity and quality of blood to the scalp is insufficient to nutritionally support proper hair growth . It is believed Ho-Shou-Wu offers the nutrients to restore a rich and vigorous blood flow to the scalp. (Bensky D, and Gamble A. Chinese Herbal Medicine: Materia Medica, rev. ed., Eastland Press, Seattle, WA., 1993).

read up more info

http://www.goendurance.com/pf_p1208_Fo-Ti_Now_Foods.html

Amina

den1 said:

Did she say what was brand of amino acids, kelp, and b vitamins? I am going to try and change my diet once I move off of campus after the winter quarter. Hopefully, I can get all the nutrients I need.

Nanyanika

gn1g said:
Den1 did the amino's increase your appetite?
No i saw no increase in appetite, i think it really helped with my weightloss program at the time, i will be intriducing this again very soon

NoNapNique

den1 said:
hey what's up with robin site i keep getting a picture of Alexandra Caselli some musician

I KNOW! and it is so annoying... I have been on "hair hiaitus" for months... and trying to get motivated and back on my game, and I can't go drool over Robin's hair or order the afro detangler:cry:

preciousjewel76

There was a thread about Robin's site started last night. Apparently, the site is down while she is uploading some information, and the webhosting company put up the jazz player's site in its place.

Ladykd9 posted this:
"Hi everyone. I don't post a lot(busy getting ready for final exams), but I emailed Robin earlier and she replied that she is uploading info to the site and her host put that up and she did not know why. She said the site should be back up w/i 72hrs."

RainbowCurls also found out this information:
"11/30/06: ATTENTION:

Apparently customers of 1dallarhosting.com or webcountry.net (customer = growafrohairlong.com) are having a problem in which their domains are being routed to a 2 Worlds Interactive web design client (client = alexandra caselli).

2 Worlds Interactive is in no way affiliated with the hosting company listed above. If you have found this link due to a routing problem, please contact your hosting company.

As the company links above are apparently also affected by the problem, the following Web Country contact information may be helpful:
818-728-1128 or
[email protected]"

JazzyDez

den1 said:

stop it.....please.....ya'll know I am weak.

I just spent over $50 dollars in Vitamin shoppe a couple of weeks ago!!

but seriously, do you think those vits accelerated your growth rate? :look:

preciousjewel76

JazzyDez said:

When I first joined, I was gung ho for vitamins as growth aides. Now, I think I'd rather improve my overall diet than take the vitamins/supplements (aside from my multivitamin). I just feel like popping 10 pills a day to grow some hair is just too much. I currently take 1 GNC Hair/Skin/Nails vit per day, and I don't intend to buy more of those when I finish my supply.

I did start taking spirulina for it's overall health benefits, though, and I'm considering taking MSM for the same reason. Other than that, I don't think vitamins are my thing (at least for hair growth).

Nanyanika

JazzyDez said:

yes, i have pics in my album of my natural hair reaching near waistlength within a year.

Last edited:

Nanyanika

preciousjewel76 said:
When I first joined, I was gung ho for vitamins as growth aides. Now, I think I'd rather improve my overall diet than take the vitamins/supplements (aside from my multivitamin). I just feel like popping 10 pills a day to grow some hair is just too much. I currently take 1 GNC Hair/Skin/Nails vit per day, and I don't intend to buy more of those when I finish my supply.

I did start taking spirulina for it's overall health benefits, though, and I'm considering taking MSM for the same reason. Other than that, I don't think vitamins are my thing (at least for hair growth).
I agree with you but i find it so hard getting all my nutrients just from diet and i'm in ill health so my body needs extra help

JazzyDez

preciousjewel76 said:

me too. I do think I will continue msm though because i believe it softens my NG. I dont think i will continue the biotin and the hair multi (which i dont even take consistently)