Vitamins/Hair Growth

Country gal

This year I haven't been taken my vitamins as much as I did when I first started the hair board. I have come to the conclusion that the vitamins really helped my hair have a nice shine and helped it to grow. We use to talk about the importance of vitamins in our hair regimin. How many of you are still taking vitamins? If you stopped did you notice that your hair didn't have the same luster. I started back on multivitamins last week. I will gradually add Biotin again. Are many of you still taking MSM?

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
I'm taking my vitamins! There are prolly 2 days a week that I forget..but I pretty much do try to take them everyday..I take that Freeda biotin..1 tablet equals 10 mgs.. I also take 2,000 mg of MSM, 1 tablet of GNC's UltraNourish Hair..the correct dosage is 2..but I only take one..not to sure why..lol and 1000mg of Fish Oil concentrate.

Because I am transitioning..I kinda don't pay attention to my hair growth..I did notice how long it's gotten since I joined this board when I got my hair done at an Egyptian salon on Oct. 2nd. I had gotten a haircut right before or right after I joined this board.. it was in early March.. my hair was cut to mid neck length..now, I would say, it's a couple of inches past my shoulders..so that's pretty good I think?? right?? Hopefully..lol My hair is definitely ALOT healthier compared to this time last year! It feels and looks alot thicker..

What multivitamin do you take?? I should prolly start taking one of those too!

Country gal

I take Vitamin Shoppe multivitamin. I use to take crazy amounts of vitamins before. It just got overwhelming however it did help increase my hair quality and vitality.

NGC

[ QUOTE ]
This year I haven't been taken my vitamins as much as I did when I first started the hair board. I have come to the conclusion that the vitamins really helped my hair have a nice shine and helped it to grow. We use to talk about the importance of vitamins in our hair regimin. How many of you are still taking vitamins? If you stopped did you notice that your hair didn't have the same luster. I started back on multivitamins last week. I will gradually add Biotin again. Are many of you still taking MSM?

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with you. I have been very slack in terms of taking vitamins for the past six months and I know for a fact my growth rate has suffered as a result.

I stopped taking vitamins because I was on a medication that said I shouldn't take anything with zinc in it and paranoia set in so I decided I shouldn't take a chance with ANY vitamins while on the medication.

I think I may consult with my doctor and get her take on me at least taking a multi-vitamin (no zinc in it), biotin, and a b-complex.

I used to take MSM but not for my hair. I took it because it helped with a foot issue I developed three years ago. I did notice when I stopped taking it that the foot issue didn't reappear so I didn't continue taking it. I didn't notice any affects on my hair while taking MSM so I don't know if I will start taking it again unless my feet act up again.

Country gal

I was taking so many vitamins and using so many products. My hair was healthier and shiney however I couln't attribute it to one product or vitamin.

Ipanema

I'm still taking vitamins: b-complex & a multi-vitamin. I stopped taking MSM because I didn't want to overdo it, but my hair is super thick & is growing good. In August, I did slack on the vitamins, and it seemed like my hair didn't grow at all that month.

Neen

[ QUOTE ]
I take NatureMade Super B Complex.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sengschick

The Bun Master
I take mine religiously, no matter what it is. My thought is that if I've invested $45 in a bottle of vits, the least I can do is take them w/regularity. I believe that when you lack consistency, you shouldn't expect consistent results. It's a total waste of money to me.

I have noticed very positive benefits from my rotation of vits, which include increased growth rate, stronger & whiter nails, improved skin quality and healthy hair luster. When I don't take vits my nails are still long, my hair still has luster (maybe a little less), my growth rate returns to normal etc. But I continue taking them b/c I feel that they also have positive health benefits. To supplement means you aren't getting what you need (or in an appropriate portion) from your regular diet. Nothing replaces proper nutrition and water consumption, which I think are also be heavy contributors in hair health. So be mindful of your consumption as you consume your vits! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

candibaby

I'm still taking my vitamins. At one point I was taking whoe bunch (MSM, cysteine, biotin, flaxseed, etc..) but I realized that I get plenty of growth with just biotin so thats what I'm stickin to now.