Viviscal Side Effects ????

rawsilk

About to go to Ulta or Walgreens and drop $50 on this -- based on overall good reviews on here and recommendation of saleswoman at Ulta who said they have trouble keeping it on the shelf. I just want to know if anyone has had (or heard of) any serious side effects -- e.g., falling hair. I can deal with nail issues, figure that green juices will keep potential acne in check and I'm not allergic to shell fish. Those are the only cons I've seen people report -- except for this one poster back in 2006 who said she heard about hair-fall. That was all I needed to see - screeeetch!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
No side effects here. I take x2 per day w/Dinner. (I don't space them out)

I like them & plan to stick with them. I thought for some reason I thought I read they were $39.99 at Walgreen's?

My last one's, I got from Target and they were $49.00:rolleyes:

I also purchased them from ebay.....the cheapest being $30.00.

Keep us updated on your progress.:yep:

rawsilk

yynot

I like them but I am allergic to shellfish. I took them anyway. Buy when CVS has BOGO half off or use my Bed Bath and beyond coupon to get 20% off.

felic1

I take mine twice daily. I am allergic to shellfish but I am not having any side effects. If I did I might reduce to one in the am and nioxin at night.

rawsilk

Thanks for the feedback -- so far so good. I'm a fan of supplements but have a pretty sensitive constitution so I was probably a little paranoid. Appreciate the reassurance. I started taking on Monday (today is Thurs) and while it's obviously too early to notice anything re hair, I'm noticing that skin/eyes look bright and I think I have more energy than before - no stomach issues either.

You what was surprising? It contains a pretty low dose of Biotin. Thoughts?

D.Lisha

I am and will forever be a fan of these supplements! Never had any real negative side effects, but the only thing I will tell you to look out is hair growth EVERYWHERE (eyebrows, underarm hair, leg hair, pubic hair etc...)! But that's nothing a little shaving cream or wax can't fix :).

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:

pisceschica

I take mine twice daily. I am allergic to shellfish but I am not having any side effects. If I did I might reduce to one in the am and nioxin at night.

Do you have a surprlus supply of nioxin vitamins? The company discontinued the line last fall.

rawsilk

Just finished my first box and not so sure that I am going to re-up. Skin looks FANTASTIC! No breakouts, a little bit more oil than before but I needed it (I'm in my 40s). Hair growing all over but nothing my wax and eyebrow ladies can't handle. I think that hair on head improved in texture but not sure if that was attributable to Viviscal or Phyto serum and Nioxin topical products. Reason why I'm thinking about discontinuing is that I think the Viv tabs are affecting digestive system -- can't deal. (I worked too hard to get that back on track.) Anyway, this is what I wanted to share: I recently discovered the benefits of sea veggies and now that I have figured out how to mask the fishy taste, I'm a total convert. Because the key ingredient in Viviscal appears to be the marine complex, I think that I'm going to try to just go to the source and use dulse, kelp, nori -- more on that under the natural beauty secrets thread. Thanks again ladies for giving me the go-ahead to try this; it ultimately lead me in another direction that seems to be more beneficial to me personally.

Peace & hair grease ...

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
Anyone get excessive shedding, with Viviscal? I'm on my second month and I've been shedding like crazy. Hair is growing - everywhere - but I'm nervous about the shedding.

blessedandlucky

I didn't have side effects until my 3rd box. I had a migraine of varying intensity for 6 days (!) accompanied by nausea. I ran out of pills in mid July and started taking them again at the beginning of this month. I ended up going to the doctor and she gave me a shot to stop my headache since nothing else was working (this was on Monday). I took another pill after lunch yesterday and immediately started to feel nauseous. I've had a headache since last night and woke up with it. Smh. I don't know why this would happen so suddenly. I'm not sure if I just got a bad batch or what. I'm not going to take them anymore and am looking for a substitute. Any suggestions? They did decrease my shedding, which is attributable to a severe vitamin d deficiency that I learned about last month. I am going to trust the prescribed dosage of vitamin d to take cAre of my shedding. I'm so disappointed this is happening. Good luck to everyone and pay attention to your body.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

baddison

natural for good
Oddly enough. I've been recently doing research on this. I've just purchased a 3-month supply. So I'd love to read more feedback on it, too. Nonetheless, I'm positive I'll have good results to share in about 90days myself.:grin::grin:

baddison

natural for good
Just re-upped my supply and purchased another 3months worth. I love the results I am seeing from Viviscal. Almost no shedding at all. My hair is so very strong. I am hoping for some fabulous growth at the end of my 1year challenge!! :yep::yep:

Mitre

I am currently taking viviscal and I remember taking it 10 year ago. When I stopped taken it 10 years ago my hair shed and the thickness I gained from viviscal was lost. Oh the horror, that is the only side effect I can think of.