viviscal

mcgheeola

So i have been using viviscal for a month and two weeks.My nails are growing like crazy they haven't broken off yet so happy.And my hair is getting thicker and fuller.Just wanted to let everyone no that viviscal is working for me.I will been taking these for the next four months.

TheMenAllPause

It is working for me too...I have been on it for 2 months. Lots of new hairs around my hairline. I also have a bald spot that has been bald for years, now has hair growing out of it.

amwcah

That's wonderful ladies!

I have been taking it for three months now. I see a noticeable difference with my nails. Once my nails would get length they would break at a certain point. Now, I have to file them down because they are not breaking. I'm still praying on the hair part. I will continue to take them for another 3 months.

greight

I have my eye on this. I'm taking Nature's Life Marine Collagen first to see if Viviscal is worth the money. So far, Nature's Life has given me life! I've been taking it since 9/1/2012 and my nails/eyelashes/eyebrows have grown. I saw results after the first week. For those alone, I'll keep it up.

It's better than biotin for me and biotin was such a mess with acne, SMH. This doesn't mess up my skin at all. I know collagen has tremendous benefits for the skin so I'm hopeful for that too.

I ordered another bottle + Neocell Collagen. I then will purchase Viviscal and compare the results. Hopefully the cheaper brand wins :look: Will subscribe to this thread!

greight

I also take MSM for other reasons (I've been taking it since May). It helps with my joints as a former runner. I know it has hair benefits but that's more of a bonus.

Ogoma

I have been taking viviscal since Jan. 1 of this year. I see a big difference with my nails and my body hair, but I have not seen much of a difference with the hair on my head. My growth rate is about the same and it is not noticeably thicker. I did grow new edges or re-grew edges I had unknowingly lost at some point over the years, but I don't know if that is the viviscal or it would have happened anyway. I will not repurchase when the boxes are done in November.

I also take MSM, B-complex, vit. D, and iron. When I run out, I intend to switch to liquid iron and vit. D and get the rest from my food.

TeeSGee

I have my eye on this. I'm taking Nature's Life Marine Collagen first to see if Viviscal is worth the money. So far, Nature's Life has given me life! I've been taking it since 9/1/2012 and my nails/eyelashes/eyebrows have grown. I saw results after the first week. For those alone, I'll keep it up.

It's better than biotin for me and biotin was such a mess with acne, SMH. This doesn't mess up my skin at all. I know collagen has tremendous benefits for the skin so I'm hopeful for that too.

I ordered another bottle + Neocell Collagen. I then will purchase Viviscal and compare the results. Hopefully the cheaper brand wins :look: Will subscribe to this thread!

greight I placed an order for the Natures life brand based on ur review. I was really interested in the Viviscal until i found out what the cost of shipping was to Canada. I'm hoping I get the same results as u did.

greight

greight I placed an order for the Natures life brand based on ur review. I was really interested in the Viviscal until i found out what the cost of shipping was to Canada. I'm hoping I get the same results as u did.

I hope it works for you! It is so much cheaper and I don't feel like paying a grip on things anymore.

I honestly don't know if it has helped my hair yet since it's way too early (I'm a slow grower, averaging about 4 inches I think), but it has definitely improved my eyelashes, nails, etc.

Body hair too, but I laser most of that stuff off :lol:

LongCurlyLocks

So I see some of you are having good results from these. I had forgotten all about these-as they have been around for a while. I may buy these along with Ovation Cell Therapy. I know it's a lot of money but I figured if I tackle the inside (viviscal) and the outside (ovation) I can't lose. I NEED to be WL or better by December 2013. I'm at least Bra Strap now but my hair is very thin. So what do you all think? Would that combo be a good idea?

Onhergrind09

I've been taking Viviscal for two weeks, no visible results yet but I'm optimistic :). I bought 3 boxes, so I'll definitely take them til I've gone through all three.

napbella

I've been taking viviscal since late June/early July and my nails got brittle and started breaking. Nothing worth reporting as far as my hair. I started taking msm along with the pills in the last couple of weeks and I've noticed my nails are no longer brittle. I will continue the pills and msm til I finish the third box and determine then if I will repurchase.

ryanshope

I have been using viviscal consistently since June 2012.
For me the growth and retention is remarkable. I take the extra strength twice a day with water or juice. My hair grows in fuller and in newer places. Downside is ALL my hair grows in fuller...body and head. So I do shave and wax more often...every two weeks now ...before I could easily go 4 to 6 weeks without looking crazy.

greight

I have been using viviscal consistently since June 2012.
For me the growth and retention is remarkable. I take the extra strength twice a day with water or juice. My hair grows in fuller and in newer places. Downside is ALL my hair grows in fuller...body and head. So I do shave and wax more often...every two weeks now ...before I could easily go 4 to 6 weeks without looking crazy.

That's encouraging, I think Viviscal/collagen might be 'it" for me since I'm getting decent results with the Marine Collagen and NeoCell Collagen for my eyelashes and eyebrow hair (I've been struggling to grow back some eyebrow hairs for the last year and a half and this solved it in under 1 month). My eyelashes are the longest they have ever been, even at my peak with biotin (and that took two months to achieve).

I'm going to finish off the NeoCell because I don't like that it's bovine derived. Won't re-purchase. Don't trust American cows. I think I got better results with NeoCell since I take a wopping 6,000mg of collagen per their instructions (6 pills :ohwell:) vs Marine Collagen which tops out around 1100 for their serving.

I'll stick with Marine Collagen, but probably would do 2200mg of collagen per day. That's about 4 pills.

I'll check in next month to do a growth check. I'll be done with NeoCell/Nature's Life by that time. I'll purchase Viviscal by that point by my estimation of how many pills I have left.

Flawlis1

I love Viviscal, it actually works. I first purchased it about 12 years ago, and back then it was $79.00 for a 30 day supply, it was too expensive so I didnt continue taking it. I've been back on them for 4 months now and after the second month I could see the difference in my nails and hair.... ALL of my hair! I buy it at Walgreens for $49.00 or $39.00 when it's on sale. I do not take any other vitamins but the Viviscal.

bluediamond0829

Oh wow I had no idea they were now sold at Walgreens!!! There are times where I'm not consistently takin them because I order them online and have to wait until I get paid or until they are delivered.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Them being sold at Walgreens may explain the $5 off coupon that showed up in my Sunday paper, lol. I was thinking, "now where am I suppose to use this if I wanted to"

amwcah

For those who are not seeing any noticeable results with the hair, it maybe because your body is deficient in protein and/or iron. This was actually the case with me. My diet at the time consisted mostly of fruits and vegetables.

It was explained to me from a representative at Komaza Hair Care that the nutrients from the supplements will go to other areas of the body like your nails, liver, etc. before the hair.

ETA
I know that Viviscal is working for me because my nails usually get to a certain length and then break, but they are so strong right now. I just need it to work its way to my hair follicles. As a result, I try to get in x amount of grams of protein per day and take my iron pills.

Last edited:

Mona123

For those who are not seeing any noticeable results with the hair, it maybe because your body is deficient in protein and/or iron. This was actually the case with me. My diet at the time consisted mostly of fruits and vegetables.

It was explained to me from a representative at Komaza Hair Care that the nutrients from the supplements will go to other areas of the body like your nails, liver, etc. before the hair.

This is a very interesting point and I've never considered it. Ironically, I just purchased protein powder from GNC yesterday and the the guy emphasized how you need to take a multi-vitamin to be sure you get the full effects of the protein. So I guess all of this stuff is related.

I've been on Viviscal for about 3 months and at first I thought I noticed changes, but now I'm not so sure. To be fair, I'm having a hard time recalling my growth rate pre-Viviscal, but the results are definitely not drastic. I'll do it for 3 more months and go from there.

NaturalJael

ETA
I know that Viviscal is working for me because my nails usually get to a certain length and then break, but they are so strong right now. I just need it to work its way to my hair follicles. As a result, I try to get in x amount of grams of protein per day and take my iron pills.

ITA with the bolded. I have never taken Vivical nor am I in the medical field, but in a general sense of how our bodies work- Komaza is dead on. This goes for mineral and nutrients as well; pretty much anything we eat.

From studies and things that I have read vitamins, minerals and nutrients will always go to where it is needed in your body to make sure you live before it goes to the hair and nails. This is the reason why one should have a balanced diet that includes supplements as well because we never really know where our bodies stand from a nutrient/vitamin perspective. Once the body has all that it needs to ensure survival, then vitamins, minerals and nutrients go to the non-vital parts like hair and nails.

Viviscal sounds interesting. I will have to keep an eye out for it. Thanks for sharing your experiences ladies :)

Valerie

I'm very glad for this post. I will be taking Viviscal supplements soon. I am taking Hair Revive Natural Defense for Women. I have noticed that I have a lot of hairs on my edges, but my thinning parts are still very thin, but it is a very slow process.

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
Hey ladies :grin:! I went to my local Walgreens yesterday and they had the extra strength Viviscal on sale for $39.99 with the rewards card. The sale is until Dec. 1st. I'm not sure if this is nationwide but you might want to check your local Walgreens to see if its on sale :yep:.

amwcah

amwcah

Are you taking powdered protein or just eating more protein?

Fhrizzball

Sorry for the late reply. I never received a notification for the mention. I just happened to pop in here.

At first, I was trying to eat more protein but I'm not always able to do so. Now, I incorporate protein powder to add my hair and as a workout supplement.

amwcah

This is a very interesting point and I've never considered it. Ironically, I just purchased protein powder from GNC yesterday and the the guy emphasized how you need to take a multi-vitamin to be sure you get the full effects of the protein. So I guess all of this stuff is related.

I've been on Viviscal for about 3 months and at first I thought I noticed changes, but now I'm not so sure. To be fair, I'm having a hard time recalling my growth rate pre-Viviscal, but the results are definitely not drastic. I'll do it for 3 more months and go from there.

Yeah, it is only logical that our body functions simultaneously. Too bad I didn't realize that sooner.

greight

Update. Nature's Life >>> Neocell Collagen in terms of results just based off of eyelashes/body hair alone.

I don't recall what my start growth rate was in September (probably 7.5 - 8.5 inches all around), but my hair is about 9inches - 10 inches now which is friggin amazing since I'm slow grower. For real. I had cut my hair months ago and it was about 7 inches or some BS.

I'm going to actually take pictures of the growth from here on out and post here, lol. I never do because I stay disappointed.

I'm also planning on taking viviscal but I want to do about three bottles worth of Nature's Life so I can be real accurate about growth rates. I'll compare Viviscal and Nature's Life. Or I might do both. I'm doing Neocell and Nature's Life both right now (just to get rid of Neocell).

I'm just going to do my hair in big twists and take pics like that since I don't do that loosey goosey natural life.

TLC1020

Now you tell me... :ohwell:

I just started back taking my iron supplements 3 days ago, and I have been taking viviscal for about the six months required, I just have one more packet left then I'll be done.. At first my shedding decreased now it just tappered off some, I won't be ordering another 3 pack any time soon. I'll see what happens when I'm done and go from there. I also didn't take biotin with them. I just took my women one a day vitamins, vitamin c and now added iron supplements. All in all they were ok, considering the fact that I could have added other supplements to increase the effect..:perplexed

ETA

I've been taking viviscal extra strength for a month now. Was thinking of stopping but I noticed my nails are strong and my edges and baby hairs seem thicker. Additionally my body hair is growing like crazy... I'm not going to elaborate! I think I'll keep taking them. $28 for 60 pills on amazon.