W"HIP" Length Challenge 2013 Thread (Pt I: Jan 1-Mar 31, 2013 + Oct-Dec 2012 bonus)

ManeStreet

ManeStreet

Well, did you peep what the stylist was using? I need some kind of details, Ma. Your hair is the biz-nezz in that pic!

I feel like a cr@ckhead over here, waiting on a hit. *shivers* C'mon, baby. Give up SOMEthing. :lick:

Yep. She has always used Its a 10 leave in. She detangles with that. I luv that stuff.

Then she uses paul mitchell Super Skinny Serum to blowdry with & she adds more drops of it when she flatirons as well.

Thats it.

Shes the best hairstylist Ive ever had. Surprisingly shes a blonde WW but she has naturally curly hair. Its about a 3b so I think thats what helps her to know what to do. I was so nervous the 1st time I sat in her chair. Lol.

Last edited:

ManeStreet

ManeStreet

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Just gawwwwwjus honey!!! Share that regimen, please!!

I was cowashing once/twice a week with tresemme naturals. And bunning or doing braidouts with shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie, seal with oil & ecostyler. Deep condition with shea moisture anti-breakage masque.

The bun in my profile is what I would wear for 3-4 days then I'd take it down (usually on the weekend) & fluff it to turn it into a braidout.

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Yep. She has always used Its a 10 leave in. She detangles with that. I luv that stuff.

Then she uses paul mitchell Super Skinny Serum to blowdry with & she adds more drops of it when she flatirons as well.

Thats it.

Shes the best hairstylist Ive ever had. Surprisingly shes a blonde WW but she has naturally curly hair. Its about a 3b so I think thats what helps her to know what to do. I was so nervous the 1st time I sat in her chair. Lol.

Well she did her thang. Thanks for sharing! I'm gonna try it whenever i get around to flat ironing. :yep:

ManeStreet

Re: W"HIP" Length Challenge 2013 Thread (Pt I: Jan 1-Mar 31, 2013 + Oct-Dec 2012 bonu

I think I have a new reggie. I'm thinking I will do curlformers once a week. for the next few months.

Last night I used Curlformers and it came out GREAT! It took a lil while to get the hang of how to put them in but I couldn't be happier. The dominicans will never see me again for a rollerset.

I washed then added Shea Moisture curl & style milk, Jane carter solution wrap & roll & a lil bit of eco styler olive oil on my roots. The curls are bouncy, soft and shiny.

ManeStreet

Re: W"HIP" Length Challenge 2013 Thread (Pt I: Jan 1-Mar 31, 2013 + Oct-Dec 2012 bonu

One picture is before I seperated the curls.

Thanks to preciouslove0x for selling the curlformers to me and the JC foam.

Attachments

• 20121204_111206.jpg
    20121204_111206.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 20121204_113031.jpg
    20121204_113031.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 78

WaistLengthDreams

I want in on this challenge, thanks for hosting it Diva_Esq.

Current Length: MBL

Relaxed, Natural, Transitioning or Texlaxed: Relaxed :grin:

Plans for hair once your reach W"HIP" Length (i.e., maintain, chop, grow more, etc.): The plan is to maintain, but who knows with me. :lol:

Supplements taking: I'm just taking a multivitamin.

Regimen & Products:
Rollerset (Mizani Chelating Shampoo, Roux PC, Nexxus Humectress DC, and I use Aphogee Green Tea Restructurizer and GVP The Conditioner for my leave-ins)
OR
Airdry (Mizani Chelating Shampoo, Roux PC, GVP Conditioning Balm, and I'm still up in the air about my leave-ins, but I've been using Darcys Lemon grass or Elasta QP Moisture recovery as of late).
OR
Flat Iron and/or Blow Dry (Mizani Chelating Shampoo, Roux PC, Nexxus Humectress DC, and I use Chi Silk Infusion, GVP The Conditioner, and Proclaim Spray On Glosser for my leave-ins).

Starting Photo: (I'll add a more up to date one after my next relaxer).

Adding my End of year Starting Picture:

WaistLengthDreams

Update: I ended up lightly flat ironing my hair for Christmas. I deep conditioned with GVP humectress and added Aphogee green tea restructurizer, GVP the conditioner and chi silk infusion as my leave-ins. I also trimmed the ends that we're visibly split.

Goal: I'm trying to air dry more often for the next couple of months (when I'm not roller setting).

WaistLengthDreams

I'm starting to work on my airdrying regimen. This weekend it was a Hot Oil Treatment with proclaim natural 7 oil, then GVP Tea Tree Shampoo and GVP Conditioning Balm DC. Then I airdried and added Elasta QP Moisture Recovery. My ends were a bit crunchy but I'll see if I can remedy that during the week with some added moisturizers and oils.

beauti

woww I can no longer join this challenge, I chopped to apl. maybe W"HIP 2014. but I will be stalking....I mean cheering :look: from the sidelines

Lucia

Hi everyone I'm IN! :wave:

current hair status (natural, transitioning, relaxed, texlaxed?)
Natural, sometimes use cassia

current hair issues (dryness, breakage, etc)
fall shedding stopped, recently trimmed 1/4 inch off ends Oct 2012

current regimen and products
AO: HSR, WC, GPB, for Cowashes and leave in, other leave ins for winter Blensblend 3-1 conditioner and butter to seal. Curly styling: kinky curly Knot today and curling custard, and/or eco styler gel.

future regimen changes/plans (if any)
no just sticking to what works.

post-hip plans (maintain? keep growing? cut? etc)
I plan to maintain at HL depending on how much curly shrinkage I still have, I want APL-BSL curly and I have shrinkage, so I don't know how long it will be straight for that maybe I'll have to grow to TL but HL straight with thick healthy ends is my dream hair.

Anything else you'd like to add about your hair or length goals/plans
no that's all.

my updates are in my fotki link in album updates 2012-2013
I'm MBL almost WL.about 1 inch away

Diva_Esq

I am at Waist Length as of my Christmas Length check.

jesusislove1526

Current Length: grazing MBL

Relaxed, Natural, Transitioning or Texlaxed: Natural

Plans for hair once your reach W"HIP" Length (i.e., maintain, chop, grow more, etc.): Once I get to W"HIP", I plan to continue on to HL.

Supplements taking: multivitamin, Vitamin B Complex

Regimen & Products:
cowash 2x per week [Suave Naturals, VO5 Moisture Milks, White Rain]
DC 1x-2x per week [cholesterol, cowashing conditioners+oils]
protective styles only, mini braids and twists
clarify 1x every 6 weeks and every 2 weeks with protective styles in
[VO5 Kiwi & Lime Clarifying Conditioner, Suave Clarifying Conditioner]
primarily finger detangling
GHE 3x per week [castor oil]
LOC 2x per week [castor oil and Africa's Best Organics Olive Oil Cream or a cowashing conditioner]
low manipulation

Starting Photo: In my signature, but I will be updating before the end of the year.

My end of year photos are attached and my regimen has been updated.

Attachments

• 2013 Challenges Start Pic.jpg
    2013 Challenges Start Pic.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Diva_Esq

How are things progressing, WHIPpers? I have just been working on tweaking my curly hair regimen.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
How are things progressing, WHIPpers? I have just been working on tweaking my curly hair regimen.

All's well on this end. I'm fully njoy'g my natural journey and trying to limit my length checking, and peeking, to quarterly. This leaves me with more of an awareness of the feeling of my thickness growing down my back in the shower. I. Love it! I'm looking forward to being beyond mbl in March.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple

Current Length: Just below BSL
Natural/Relaxed: Texlaxed
Plans for hair once your reach W"HIP" Length: Grow to Hip and maintain or cutback to WHip
Supplements taking: Prenatal, Fish Oil
Regimen & Products: Weekly Rollersetter. Shea Moisture, Mane N'Tail, Essential Wholesale (see album)
Starting Photo: in signature and Dec pic in album

Last edited:

Danniquin

I have a lot of work to do! But I hope I can make it to W'hip" length!

Currently trying to keep my hair bunned and protected!

Diva_Esq

Hey ladies!!! :)

Checkin' in! Sorry, I've been SUPER busy! I know we're all in a ton of challenges, but let's all try to post a little more.

Anyone having any setbacks? Anyone find a great product you'd like to recommend? Who are your favorite WL, WHIP L and HL youtubers? What are you doing with your hair to reach WHIP? Let's hear it, ladies!

Also, all challengers who asked to be added to this point are now listed in the challenger list!! :yay:

HHG!

Ms. Tiki

My hair has been braided up for the last 2-3 weeks. I'm dying to do a length check but I'm feeling a little under the weather. My hair is the last thing on my mind.

Jewell

Checking in though I dont think I made an official "Im joining" post. Im wearing my hair in buns, twisted up and secured with a clip, and 2 Pocahontas braids pin curled around. I have over 1.5" NG, but I wont be length checking until my next TU in April or May. PS'ing hard until then.

jesusislove1526

My hair has been in mini braids since the 10th, and they won't be out until the end of February. I have been wearing them in updos, buns, and french braids down the middle. It will be 3 years since my last relaxer on March 1st, so I will post length check pictures then.

NJoy

Here I grow again!

My hair has been braided up for the last 2-3 weeks. I'm dying to do a length check but I'm feeling a little under the weather. My hair is the last thing on my mind.

Ms. Tiki

Poor baby. I hope you're feeling better soon.

NJoy

Here I grow again!

@NJoy Thanks. This is the worst time b/c I'm finally moving that way in the next 3-4 weeks. I said the 18th

Ms. Tiki

Well, I hope you're better soon so that you'll have time to finish up your last minute packing. Looking forward to seeing you soon!

bigbrowneyez

Diva_Esq I'm joining!

Hey ladies! I disappeared for a while. Life got crazy and hair took a back seat. I also got 2 nice trims over the last 6 months and thought I was gonna maintain at my current length cuz it's definitely different managing as hair grows lol though I'm more than thankful for my length. I worked hard to get here! SO I'm joining this challenge albeit somewhat late lol.

Current length: waist
Relaxed
Supplements: One A Day vitamin
Reggie: Kenra shampoo and conditioner. Deep condish 1/month. 2-4 bantu knots at night to maintain hair. Relaxer every 3-4mths.
Post whip goals: on to hip
Starting pic: 1/26/13 (sorry if the pic comes out big, it does that sometimes when posting from my phone).

image-3692316848.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Ms. Tiki

@Ms. Tiki

Well, I hope you're better soon so that you'll have time to finish up your last minute packing. Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Thanks. Luckily most of my stuff is still in storage. It's mainly clothes, make up and hair products, of course. :lachen: