Waist Length 2012 Challenge

blackberry815

I think I made it. I relaxed at 12 weeks my longest stretch ever with the help of half wigs. And I thought I would never be able to stretch (thanks pre_medicalrulz ur tips really helped me make it to 12 weeks)... here's my results. Might be hard to tell cuz my shirt is kinda baggy. I'm def sticking with wigs!.. the low manipulation really helped.. although I only did it for six weeks of my stretch I definitely noticed a difference in thickness.

ForumRunner_20120928_213216.jpg

Last edited:

Lucia

Curly hair update, my hair is passing shoulder length-WOW!
I'm so happy I can't wait for apl and beyond including shrinkage :yay:

Attachments

• IMG_0839.jpg
    IMG_0839.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0836.jpg
    IMG_0836.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 111

cherishlove

Hi everyone.... I am the original poster and unfortunately I turned to Facebook and not LHCF which has guided me in the total wrong direction. Needless to say I had a set back from a Dominican blowout who turned a trim into a cut. She cut off about 2 inches of my hair. Seems like me hair has been at a stand still. I haven't been taking any pictures and I am weaved up until the end of the year. Aiming to get the most growth I possibly can.

You guys are doing great. Keep up the great work guys. Congrats to everyone that made it already.

cherishlove

Well I don't think I'm going to make it to WSL. I'm keeping my hair weaved up until the new year. I'm taking a 1 1/2 week break in November. Wishful thinking but I think I'm only at apl and maybe scraping bsl.

BGT

I want to join! Here's my pic:

My regimen includes bi-weekly DC, rollersets, braidouts, twistouts, bantu knot-outs, airdrying on satin rollers, and sew-ins. Touch-ups every 12 weeks and 5000 mcg daily of biotin.

I didn't know I joined this challenge. :lol: Anyways, I won't be making WL this year. Maybe next year. :yep:

cherishlove

Yeah so I don't think I'm going to make it sniff sniff. I have no idea where I am. Will look when I get home though.

Attachments

• image-4019565371.jpg
    image-4019565371.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 66

cherishlove

soldier4hair said:
Yeah so I don't think I'm going to make it sniff sniff. I have no idea where I am. Will look when I get home though.

Oh wow. A little excited before and after is definitely motivating.....

Attachments

• image-863546198.jpg
    image-863546198.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Solila

Even though I had crisis in my life and went to chopping my hair, my hair has grown back and Im already BSL length again. Here's my most recent pic. Im aiming to make MBL and hopefull waist length in early 2013.

Please ignore my twists. I was prepping my hair for bed and moisturizing

Wow you've got serious shrinkage like me. I love it.! Definitely include the stretching if you aren't already doing it.
I've done it for some time and its a miracle in terms of length. LOL

cherishlove

I know I'm crowding the thread but starting pic is here and ending pic. Although I probably won't make it I'm excited considering my scissor happy stylist incident.

Attachments

• image-925230660.jpg
    image-925230660.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 83
  • image-2244784252.jpg
    image-2244784252.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 79
  • image-4045199048.jpg
    image-4045199048.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

cherishlove

pre_medicalrulz said:
HL 2013 thread is now up & going! Are ya'll ready? See ya there! ;)

I'm tempted but I think I will definitely make waist if not this year next year. Hip bone? I dont know. My hair does not look long from the front though. I'm still reaching. I'm thinking in order to be full waist length I will have to grow it to hip length and maybe cut it back. I have a personal goal of full waist by next summer. So I plan on weaving it up until then.

Last edited: