Waist Length 2013

SmilingElephant

I see one for 2011 and 2012 but not for 2013.

Okay okay okay....i know ya'll are prolly sayin....

SmilinE...why you makin a waist length thread you already there!!!...:lol:

Yes i am....but i made waistlength hair RELAXED.....now i want to reach my waist with natural hair as i am currently at this very moment a few days away from being a half of a year without a relaxer!!!:D

My hair seems to be growing a lil faster now since i've stopped relaxing so hopefully with no major setbacks i hope to reach waistlength natural (stretched) by 2013!!

Anybody else who wants to join this can join at anytime.....we are WSL class of 2013!!!

NOTE:CHALLENGE OFFICIALLY STARTS DECEMBER 31, 2010 AND WILL END DECEMBER 31,2013

Roster:

cheerleaderbody
CosmicVisitor
janda
NYDiva
:cup:Diva_Esq:cup:
NikkiQ
ClassyDiva
rmwms
Qtee
bibirockz
Poohbear
transitioning?
upliftedjw
godzchildtoo
classiecutie
:cup:Chelz(sup dawg!!?:grin:):cup:
Ravengirl
Rossy2010
winona
Sweetgirl08
KayKay27
MyAngelEyes~C~U
DRJones
Taina
ladysaraii
Kusare
Duchesse
victomae
lolita1987
Tchanelle
SUNSHINE BABY
NaturalBlackGurl
MonaRae
:cup:LaFemmeNaturelle(Bout time!!:lol:):cup:
LadyPBC
Dominican09
shawnab
ZKittyKurls
NinasLongAmbition
polished07
Long-n-Strong_Naturally
Phaer
Soul*Flower
Evallusion
SouthernStunner
chelleypie810
motherpopcorn562
amarestar86
thehairmaverick
Chemetria
PrettyEyes
MochaMooch
ResieCupp
alishadawnelle
vmerie

NO LONGER ADDING NAMES TO THE LIST AS OF JANUARY 31,2011...YOU CAN STILL JOIN...JUST THANK THIS POST:yep:

Last edited:

TracyNicole

I am jumping in on this one. I am two months into my transition and my goal is WL natural hair. Tweaking my regimen now.

NYDiva

Lol! I want in too! WL is my ultimate goal, but I can't promise to be natural when I get there!

SmilingElephant

Can I join even though I've been natural for almost two years?:look: I'm a slow grower and only made it CBL recently :lachen:

Yes of course you can join!!! This will give you PLENTY of time!!!:yep:

Lol! I want in too! WL is my ultimate goal, but I can't promise to be natural when I get there!

Thats okay as long as you get to waistlength:yep:

Anybody who wants to reach waistlength whether it be relaxed OR natural can join...as long as you think you can have some kind of hair reaching your waist by then.:yep:

I know for me personally my regimen will probably change throughout the years since right now i'm transitioning.....lately the only thing that seems to be changing is that i'm co washing more frequently and it might turn into an everyday thing:yep: (it really helps me get the tangles out:yep:)

I might have to start DC'ing more than once a week too....i dunno but we'll see!:D

Diva_Esq

I'm in...my siggy already lists that as my goal! I'd like to make waist length by my Sorority's Centennial in 2013! Because when I get to DC with my waist length hair for the celebration, you will not be able to tell me I'm not fly! :) Please add me! ;)

SmilingElephant

Can I join even though I've been natural for almost two years?:look: I'm a slow grower and only made it CBL recently :lachen:

I'm in...my siggy already lists that as my goal! I'd like to make waist length by my Sorority's Centennial in 2013! Because when I get to DC with my waist length hair for the celebration, you will not be able to tell me I'm not fly! :) Please add me! ;)

:rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl:......yes ma'am!!!:laugh:....i will add you to the list!!!:lachen:

NikkiQ

Hmmm....WL 2013? I'm already in the WL 2012, but I think I can be WL stretched natural by 2013. Decisions decisions.

SmilingElephant

BUMPING for others who would like to join:D

Please "@" me if you want me to add you...it makes it kinda easy for me to keep up:yep:

LaFemmeNaturelle

I'll let you know in 4 months lol I'm working to get last years growth rate back and I'm really trying to get to wl in 3 years like whimsy. So I started my new Reggie yesterday and will run the trial Reggie until the end of feb. Wish me luck :)

ClassyDiva

Ooohhh sign me up. My boyfriend is saying its ridiculous but for me.... that's my hustle. Do we have to post any information such as where we are now,regimen, or anything.

ClassyDiva

SmilingElephant
Sign me up. This will be my own challenge being that im going through it.
Sent from my DROID2 using Long Hair Care Forum App

ETA: Never added my starting pic as my siggy.... Had in a sew-in.

Also my regimen currently is:
ACV and EVOO Clarify 1x month
Wash with MNT Deep Moisturising Poo and Con 2x/week [Sun and Thurs]
Moisturize wet hair with Biolage Daily Leave-In Tonic
Moistuize dry hair with Roots of Nature Shea Butter Green Tea Strengthening Oil Moisturizer
Seal with Wild Growth Oil b4 Blowdrying and flat ironing

Deep Condition Due to Dry Scalp:
EVOO
Tea Tree Oil
Peppermint Oil [going to add this soon]
Any Good Condtioner [usually Suave Strawberry]

ApHogee Keratin Treatment 1x every two weeks or as needed
ApHogeee Protein Treatment 1x every 3 weeks or as needed

Last edited:

Qtee

I'm such a challenge junkie..but I'm def joining this one..WL in 2013 sounds about right..I'm APL now..so 2011 BSL, 2012 MBL, 2013 WSL...Hopefully I'll make it sooner..:)

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Hmmm... waist length by 2013 doesn't sound like a bad idea for my hair. I have given up on achieving waist length hair but I may give it another shot. Right now, my hair is APL and I'm hoping for BSL by the end of this year or early next year. I just gotta stay away from the scissors and be more gentle with my hair so it won't split and break off.

SmilingElephant

Okay....i know i just saw it but now i can't find it....

Someone upthread somewhere asked if we should post regimens, pics and such. My thing is.....if it helps you out to post starting pics that's cool....all i care about is us getting to waist length in 2013:yep:.

If you'd like to share your regimen thats good too bc it may help others out. I know my regimen is gonna change though so i don't know if i should post my regimen as a solid regimen. Right now all i do is co wash every other day, deep condition weekly and shampoo weekly. I only use heat on my hair no more than twice a month.

But that's for right now.....it may come a time when i have to squeeze in a protein treatment....which i don't really do too much of....or deep conditioning twice a week. So my personal regimen is definitely going to be changing around as i am transitioning:D

Qtee

My reggie is so boring..wash and DC over night Friday..Plait with gel and my leave in..Saturday..add oil and unplait Sunday..and plait nightly with leave in ... add oil and unplait daily until Friday..Thats pretty much my winter routine..When its warm I add a cowash in there during the week..rinse daily and wear a WNG's...I may add a protein treatment here and there...but thats basically it..

Last edited:

transitioning?

SmilingElephant
Please add me. This was already my goal. I'm so excited about this challenge. Once I take out these kinky twist I will post my starting pics. Oh and my regime consists of the Crown and Glory method alternating with LadyP's wig regi.

Thanks

upliftedjw

Oooh I would love to join! This would be my first challenge. Please add me too. Never thought i'd look forward to waist length hair :)