Waist Length 2013

jesusislove1526

Posting my final pictures for the year next week after my 3rd annual flat ironing. I haven't length checked the back in a few months so we'll see if I will be a part of the 2013 wl ladies or the 2014.

MzSwift

Aww, I'm sorry to follow all of that fabulousness with a downer but here goes:

EOTY Braidout

I didn't realize my SSK problem was this bad until I began the blowout process for my EOTY length check. My coffee stirrer coils turned into terrible knots and some of them even had small bits of LINT attached. "Something in my spirit" has been telling me all year to keep my ends straightened more but I didn't listen. So I'm going to start my 2014 journey as a heat stretched natural. Bye bye big hair!! *cries ugly cry with strings of snot and annoying hiccups*

I had to cut a lot of hair but it turned out alright in the end...

Length check after the "chop"

I still can't complain. I have to keep things in perspective...four years ago, my head was clipper shaved.

MzSwift

OK, so my last post was a little hasty. I made my goal of bottom rib bone but I didn't make WL this year :( I think I have another 2 inches until I get to my belly button and then 2 more from there will be HL for me!

Here are my EOTY comparison pix:

29-Dec-12

22-Dec-13

At first I was super bummed. I've been wearing my hair out more and I'm still going through personal things. Then I realized that the "A" isn't lined up to my armpit. So I took another on my own to see it compared to the lines.:look:

22-Dec-13

More importantly... perspective. BC 10-Jun-09

I'm doing alright considering I didn't think my hair would ever grow past APL. :yep:

ilong

God's Own
MzSwift :hammer:. Chile - you should go find two mirrors - turn your back to one and hold the other one in front of you - so you can see that thick,long beautfiul head of hair on your head!

You are almost right about one thing - you ARE not just doing alright with your hair journey - you are doing great!!!

MzSwift

Trini-
Your hair is absolutely gorgeous! Drool-worthy!:drool:

CurlyMoo
I think it depends on the lady. I'm using the same portion of hair I've been using since the beginning of my journey. I claim it when that hair reaches a length even though I have natural layers.

ilong

:lachen:
Sis, I really do need to be knocked upside the head!! Thank you for the encouragement.
I surely do not see it as long yet :( I keep thinking it'll be long when I make the next goal. Perhaps, hip bone will be that length. SMH. I'm giving myself 2 years to get there.

NowIAmNappy

Didn't quite reach my goal but maybe another month, oh well here's my year end update taken 5 days ago before I put in my faux locs

Attachments

• image-2419924411.jpg
    image-2419924411.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 98

MzSwift

NowIAmNappy

You're really close! I saw your locs in another thread and they're so pretty! Depending on how long you keep them in, when you take them down, you'll be there. HHG! :)