Waist Length 2013

Shadiyah

Thanks Hun I tried to get as much out as possible but it wasn't happening I got so frustrated I just cut it. It's my fault because I left twists in my hair for a while and I was rinsing them almost daily so they were super matted when it came to taking them out. I'm definitely not doing that again and will try to be patient.

And I know what you mean about not brushing your edges my hair is looking very very thick lately. Btw how long is your hair I thought you were close to WL

NowIAmNappy I think I am only about mbl right now. and that may not even be full mbl either. I know that some of my length is measuring at 15 but some are still measuring at 13.5.

I am really not focusing on the length right now I am trying not to measure and worry about it. I just want to keep it in twist all winter. something I never use to do. I use to do wash n gos everyday plus I am growing out my grey so I need to leave it alone in order to do that because other wise I would be longing for a henna treatment. it don't bother me being in the twist.

MzSwift

I've been anticipating the disappointment I may feel if I don't make WL this year. So I started looking through my pix. I was shoulder length 2 years ago when this thread started! Even if I don't make WL, I'm proud of myself for the progress I have made. I'll get to WL when I get there.

Be encouraged, ladies! :)

April 2011

April 2013

Sprinkl3s

I've been anticipating the disappointment I may feel if I don't make WL this year. So I started looking through my pix. I was shoulder length 2 years ago when this thread started! Even if I don't make WL, I'm proud of myself for the progress I have made. I'll get to WL when I get there. Be encouraged, ladies! :) April 2011 April 2013

Girl if you don't just give us an update already........
I've been waiting to drool over your hair

Shadiyah

I've been anticipating the disappointment I may feel if I don't make WL this year. So I started looking through my pix. I was shoulder length 2 years ago when this thread started! Even if I don't make WL, I'm proud of myself for the progress I have made. I'll get to WL when I get there.

April 2011

April 2013
MzSwift girl u are there already. Where your hand is that is hip length. Your hair is waist length now Congrats!!!!!!

MzSwift girl u are there already. Where your hand is that is hip length. Your hair is WL now. Congrats!!!!!

MzSwift

Sprinkl3s

LoL!! Sorry I don't mean to stall, girl. I'm mini braids for a couple more weeks and then doing the EOTY pix. I'm a little nervous this year though...

MzSwift

Shadiyah

Thanks girl! I love your optimism! You've been such a cheerleader to everyone throughout this thread <3

I'm not claiming WL until I hit my body marker. I'm using my belly button as the WL marker (since I don't have a real waist :look:).

Shadiyah

But your belly button is below WL. MzSwift I see a waist it is that first curve on the side and if your hair was hitting it in April it has to be there by now.

Thanks, I really tried to be even though I knew I wasn't going to make it. My growth is so slow since I got older.

ImanAdero

But your belly button is below WL. MzSwift I see a waist it is that first curve on the side and if your hair was hitting it in April it has to be there by now. Thanks, I really tried to be even though I knew I wasn't going to make it. My growth is so slow since I got older.

That's A-OK! I'm not there either and I was well pretty much APL when this challenge began. Sometimes it just takes a while. But we'll get there!

NowIAmNappy

I was APL because I cut my hair last June. I was waist length a year ago before the cut I'm just trying to get back there. It seems like everytime I get to this length something happens. Either I cut it or someone cuts it... Hopefully I can make it and enjoy the length.

cherishlove

I am in this challenge. I will take pics during the holidays. Not exactly sure where I am because I rarely straighten my hair thoroughly so we will see ladies with my fingers crossed.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I'm unsure at what point I can comfortably claim it but here's where I am now....

Attachments

• RelaxerRevealDec2013.jpg
    RelaxerRevealDec2013.jpg
    494.2 KB · Views: 190

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint

April 2011

April 2013

I'm all up in this thread *lurking* But you are already WL or only 1 inch from it. Your hand's on your hip. MzSwift. Gorgeous hair btw. :yep:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I'm soo looking forward to 2014. All of us in here should be making it to WL. We have a whole 365 days of retaining all 6" and more.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Shadiyah

Well I'm upset because I just put my measuring t shirt on it says my longest hair is 8.5" and that is just past BSL. That aight right it has been that that num since November 2012.

NowIAmNappy

Well I'm upset because I just put my measuring t shirt on it says my longest hair is 8.5" and that is just past BSL. That aight right it has been that that num since November 2012.

Oh no, I thought you were measuring in around 13.5 to 15 inches. Are you sure you're measuring it right?? I hate feeling upset about hair especially when you feel your doing things right. Did you see a lot of breakage at any point?

Lots of hugs nonetheless

Shadiyah

Oh no, I thought you were measuring in around 13.5 to 15 inches. Are you sure you're measuring it right?? I hate feeling upset about hair especially when you feel your doing things right. Did you see a lot of breakage at any point?

Lots of hugs nonetheless

NowIAmNappy no I have not seen any breakage and when I was giving you those num it was my hair itself from the tape measure. I just check with the tape measure and the longest parts of my hair which is the top and the sides. That num now is 14 3/4"

MzSwift

Shadiyah

((HUG))

Phew! What a scare!
I think you should stick with the tape measure. If you're gonna use the shirt, just use the lines to track your progress.

Shadiyah

Shadiyah

((HUG))

Phew! What a scare!
I think you should stick with the tape measure. If you're gonna use the shirt, just use the lines to track your progress.

MzSwift it's crazy right. Since I'm sick most of the time anyway it so easy to keep the twist in. Like right now I'm sitting at the dr office because I have the flu or something and that sent my MS hay wire. I may have to start getting flu shots and all that stuff I never ever would get all my life. August it was pneumonia and it maybe again but my grandson has the flu so I think that's what I have too.

Now my hair growth. I know when the last time I put henna in so the grey will tell me how much growth I'm getting and then I will be able to see if I'm losing any.

cherishlove

I'm getting my awapuhi treatment tomorrow with flat iron. This will be my end of year length check because my hair will be hidden for the new year.

Spongebob

good lord, I have been keeping my hair in braids (at all damn times) because of all the breakage i was experiencing, so even whilst washing. I happened to straighten a small section in the back and i could not believe my eyes. I would consider myself a full APL from the front, but i wish i could walk backwards and claim WL lmao