Waist Length 2014

NaturalBoss

I'm trying to get to WL this year (I should have been there a long time ago)...so I am joining this challenge. I will post some pics of my starting length later.

ImanAdero

Started taking biotin again. I'm going to try to finish the bottle to see what kind of growth I can get with it.

I like need to make WL this year lol.

TeeBee

Started taking biotin again. I'm going to try to finish the bottle to see what kind of growth I can get with it. I like need to make WL this year lol.
I'm taking supplements as well. I tried Manetabolism, now I'm on GNC's Be Beautiful, I might go back to Manetabolism or try Hairfinity. I NEED to make it to WL too.. Like for real. I started following you on IG :) your hair is amazing.. ImanAdero

ImanAdero

I'm taking supplements as well. I tried Manetabolism, now I'm on GNC's Be Beautiful, I might go back to Manetabolism or try Hairfinity. I NEED to make it to WL too.. Like for real. I started following you on IG :) your hair is amazing.. ImanAdero

Awww shucks ::blushes:: what's your IG so I can follow! Is it the same as on here? You can PM it to me if you want.

TeeBee

3 years natural and I'm still learning. Newest revelation (that I kinda already knew but I always learn the hard way).. I can't re-twist/braid my hair nightly!! Or even every other night. My hair likes to get too clumpy? To the point where my hair starts to look stringy. My curls get wonky looking and me no likey. So what's the big deal right? Well, TANGLES. Trying to break up these clumps come wash day is a beast and a half. #icant

image-2226974445.jpg

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
3 years natural and I'm still learning. Newest revelation (that I kinda already knew but I always learn the hard way).. I can't re-twist/braid my hair nightly!! Or even every other night. My hair likes to get too clumpy? To the point where my hair starts to look stringy. My curls get wonky looking and me no likey. So what's the big deal right? Well, TANGLES. Trying to break up these clumps come wash day is a beast and a half. #icant

View attachment 251251

That would be too much manipulation for me TeeBee

TeeBee

Froreal3 you know what? That could very well be my problem! I feel as though my growth/retention has stalled...possibly cause I touch too much lol! I've just been trying to moisturize daily to reduce breakage... How are you moisturizing? Or what's your style maintenance for the week look like?

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
TeeBee ^^I usually refresh moisture every two days by spritzing something on it, adding some cream or lotion, oil, then braiding my twists back up. My twists are usually in a single large braid in the back of my head. I feel like when my hair is not in twists, my taking it down from the braid all the time is too much.

ImanAdero

Welp... In pretty sure this biotin is what's causing me to break out.

I currently take it at night before bed, but in going to switch to taking it with breakfast. It's 5,000mcg might be too much, but hopefully taking it with breakfast so that way when I drink water throughout the day it takes better and acts better with my skin.

This is hella frustrating because my skin is normally super clear and now I literally have 3 serious pimples. I had 4, but I popped/scratched it and I know it's gonna leave a mark.

Ugghhhh I just want longer/thicker hair. My hair (although definitely thick) comes out in what feels like chunks. I'm too lazy to do tea rinses and garlic rinses... So I was hoping biotin would be the answer, but if my skin doesn't clear up in another week I'm getting off it.

People look at my face, not just my hair.

PureSilver

Hmmm seems i been hiding from this challenge. I'm trying to get to waist length by year end but i don't even know. My hair growth will have to speed up 3/4 of an inch more to geth me there by Dec, otherwise it ain't happening.

BranwenRosewood

ImanAdero

Do you take a B Vitamin with if? If you don't, you should look into taking B-Complex 50. I use the Solaray brand and that eliminated my problems with pimples caused by the biotin.

ImanAdero

ImanAdero Do you take a B Vitamin with if? If you don't, you should look into taking B-Complex 50. I use the Solaray brand and that eliminated my problems with pimples caused by the biotin.

Hmmm... I have a B Complex that I haven't taken in a while... Let me try taking them together. If I don't have a significant change in my skin in the next 2 weeks I will be OVER it though and onto the next thing.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Is it too late to join?
I'm trying to see if I will make WL by at least the end of the year. It seems that every time in the past whenever I've gotten close to WL, I have to trim because my hair naturally grows into a v shape but I love the look of the u shape instead.

I'm trying to transition right now but it's been VERY difficulty so I'm taking it day by day to see where things go. Anyway sorry for the ramble lol. Here is my starting pic. I need about 4 inches.

Attachments

• image-3341966750.jpg
    image-3341966750.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 88

ImanAdero

Can't remember if I LC'd in here... Here it is:

Tape is where my waist is and when I lose weight it'll be lower lol.

It's weird because I don't feel like I'm retaining length, but I don't have much breakage. My hair sheds, but not snap off breakage.

Attachments

• image-1438853838.jpg
    image-1438853838.jpg
    433.3 KB · Views: 124

TeeBee

Can't remember if I LC'd in here... Here it is: Tape is where my waist is and when I lose weight it'll be lower lol. It's weird because I don't feel like I'm retaining length, but I don't have much breakage. My hair sheds, but not snap off breakage.
Gah! You're so close!!

growbaby

I feel like I have been BSL FOREVER! No where near giving up hope on WL for this yr tho.

My hair as of today:

image-3558761291.jpg