Waist Length 2014

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
flyygirlll2 Gorgeous! What did you do with your hair in those six months? Deets, please. :grin:

Thanks :) I honestly was trying to transition, I wasn't planning to relax but my hair became tangled and the ssk's drove me insane lol. It got to a point where I didn't have the time and energy to devote to detangling for hours on end. What I mainly did during this time was focus on both moisture and protein.

I would sometimes prepoo with grape seed oil, hemp seed, avocado, or castor oil. I washed 1x a week or bi weekly with diluted Shea moisture retention shampoo or ORS creamy aloe shampoo to remove build up. The times I cowashed, I would use Hello Hydration con followed by a tea rinse that consisted of green tea ( helps with shedding) chamomile, and marshmallow root. I would also add Ayurvedic herbs like Brahmi, hibiscus, Bringraj, or fenugreek to my teas when I had a chance. I Dc'd mainly with HV Strininilah using a heat cap or steamer and mainly air dried with the exception of the two times I blow dried. In terms of protein, I used Komaza protein Strengthener every 2 weeks. The times my hair did feel dry, I baggied with some castors oil 2x a week. My hair was always in a protective style, like 4 big twist pinned up into a bun.

I also want to mention that I actually trimmed twice during that time, a little over an inch. Even though I flat ironed my hair after relaxing it, it's still not completely straight since it's very under processed... I still have a lot of shrinkage smh lol. Right now I'm just going to focus on my ends and try to rid myself of the v shape, unfortunately that's just the way my hair grows though.

Sorry for the novel lol HTH.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

growbaby

I had noooo idea we had an update May 1st did you??

Luckily I straightened last week and took this pic April 30th for my Instagram.. Looking like I'm gonna make it by years end :) :)

image-3443398167.jpg

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
I had noooo idea we had an update May 1st did you?? Luckily I straightened last week and took this pic April 30th for my Instagram.. Looking like I'm gonna make it by years end :) :)

Your hair looks great! Your ends look good, that's what my goal is cause this V of mine is irking me. I'm sure you'll make it by the end of the year.

growbaby

Your hair looks great! Your ends look good, that's what my goal is cause this V of mine is irking me. I'm sure you'll make it by the end of the year. Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Thank you! I know what you mean about the V. I keep my ends blunt bc I don't like it either.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Thank you! I know what you mean about the V. I keep my ends blunt bc I don't like it either.

Yeah, my ideal is a U shape. I've been cutting my hair for the past few years just to make everything even, but my hair always grows back into the dreaded V. I have moments where I feel like I'm wasting my time cutting cause that's the way it grows.

assiyrabomb

I know I'm late to this party but I wanna join! I'm currently an inch past BSL. This summer I'm doing heavy bunning to reach WL.

Ultimate Goal: TBL

Regimen:
CoWash 1x per week.
Clarify/ACV Rinse 1x per month.
DC at every wash. Sit under hooded dryer with DC for 10 mins.
Moisturize/Seal 2x per day: Morning -1. spray water/aloe vera juice 2. apply water based cream leave in. 3. Seal with a butter (right now I'm using Jane Carter Nourish & Shine). Night - 1. spray water/aloe vera juice 2. Seal with argan oil.
Apply peppermint/tea tree oil mixture to scalp 3x per week and night before was
Henna - 1x per month

Styles: Twists or Curlformer set.
Twists: Twists after wash and dc. Wear twists in buns or pinned up first 2 days. Take twists out and wear in twist out until next wash.
Curlformers:Wear out first 3-4 days. Bun up remainder of week.

**Will explore heavy bunning this summer.

How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: Longest layer 2 inches.

Natural/Relaxed/Other: Texlaxed, Currently transitioning to natural. I currently have 3 inches of natural hair.

Tips/Tricks: No Direct Heat!!

Issues or difficulties you're having: Split ends!! I just did a trim and they're mostly gone so now I have to keep them away. M&S 2x per day is def helping me with this.

Last edited:

Sprinkl3s

Got my hair in twist.
Not so sure about this Florida weather.
Being suuuuuper lazy with my hair

Last edited:

TeeBee

I miiiight need to straddle the fence on this.. I got a really good trim + shaping that brought my MBL hair back to BSL. The cut was so proper tho!! Loving the condition of my hair. But now, I'm not so sure I'll make WL this year. Looking more like next year... Might have to see what's up in the 2015 thread.

ImanAdero

I feel like I am not retaining... And it's getting on my LAST nerve. I can't figure out what it is... But I'm getting mad

I have GOT to get my hair in order. I'm STILL a good 4 inches from WL. Like I have been for the past 7 months.

Angelbean

Though I have not been give my hair the attention it needs I have been retaining length..so I may end at waist length before December 2014!! Woop woop but we shall see:)

EnExitStageLeft

TeeBee

We're in the same boat. I may to mosey on over there with you.

I need to get a grip. Everytime I hit MBL (thrice now)...I cut. Maybe I just need to step away from the scissors and let my hair do what it do :look:.

TeeBee

I feel like I am not retaining... And it's getting on my LAST nerve. I can't figure out what it is... But I'm getting mad I have GOT to get my hair in order. I'm STILL a good 4 inches from WL. Like I have been for the past 7 months.
ImanAdero I feel like a few of us are in the same damn boat!!! I've been needing just four inches since last year!! I'm hoping my trim will help.. My hair has not budged since September it seemed. We still gotta hang on.. We'll get there, eventually lol

TeeBee

TeeBee We're in the same boat. I may to mosey on over there with you. I need to get a grip. Everytime I hit MBL (thrice now)...I cut. Maybe I just need to step away from the scissors and let my hair do what it do :look:.
EnExitStageLeft YESSS CHILE lol! I've been holding steady at MBL for too long. It's my fault I think.. My hair just can't do heat and color. But I just wanna be like everyone else *whines* put them scissors to rest girl, or you'll have the best MBL hair for the rest of your life hahaha. Let's do this gals!!

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
I should make WL by the end of the year but I get to the point where I just keep cutting my hair and become obsessive with my ends. This has actually been my issue for years now.

NGraceO

I should make WL by the end of the year but I get to the point where I just keep cutting my hair and become obsessive with my ends. This has actually been my issue for years now. Sent from my iPad using LHCF

I can relate. I feel like going texlaxed from natural made me that way. I had unknowingly been so rough and damaged my natural hair, and when I texlaxed, it really showed; It was VERY weak and split so much after I relaxed. Everytime I looked up, I was cutting. A year and some change later, I feel like I've finally gotten it under control, but I'm still so anxious and obsessive abt my ends lol

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
I can relate. I feel like going texlaxed from natural made me that way. I had unknowingly been so rough and damaged my natural hair, and when I texlaxed, it really showed; It was VERY weak and split so much after I relaxed. Everytime I looked up, I was cutting. A year and some change later, I feel like I've finally gotten it under control, but I'm still so anxious and obsessive abt my ends lol

Yeah I have to hide my scissors for real cause I'm always checking my ends. I've trimmed like 4 times in the past few months, I just want a nice hemline cause looking at my V disappoints me.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I still have about five inches to get to WL. Don't think I will make it. I'm not going anywhere just in case a miracle happens. :lol: I will do an official LC in June. Then I will do another one in December. Hopefully I will grow/retain two to three inches by the end of the year.

I clarified yesterday and then used Annabelle's Buttercream Hair cream. My hair is really soft. I think I will clarify monthly and keep up my weekly light protein treatments.

TeeBee

I still have about five inches to get to WL. Don't think I will make it. I'm not going anywhere just in case a miracle happens. :lol: I will do an official LC in June. Then I will do another one in December. Hopefully I will grow/retain two to three inches by the end of the year. I clarified yesterday and then used Annabelle's Buttercream Hair cream. My hair is really soft. I think I will clarify monthly and keep up my weekly light protein treatments.
Lol!! I'm still holding out for a Miracle too.. Sounds like most of us need 4-5 inches to make WL. My bc anniversary is coming up in August (4 years) I swear I thought I'd have waist length hair by now... Ooohhh weeeellll

assiyrabomb

Did a length check last night and confirmed that I'm MBL YAY!

Also did a henna treatment with Lush Caca Rouge (first time with this shade) and then washed and dc'd with Jojoba Monoi DC from Eden Body works (love that line). I fell asleep with it in my hair, work up this morning and then pulled my hair into a high wet bun since I had to run some errands. I came back home and took out the bun and...I'm like in love with my hair. Henna and this DC has me wanting to wear my hair in a W&G this week and I never do wash and go's. I don't even want to wash the DC out lol.

Anyways, heres how it looks now:

Some curl defining cream or gel and I'll be good to go!

assiyrabomb

I still have about five inches to get to WL. Don't think I will make it. I'm not going anywhere just in case a miracle happens. :lol: I will do an official LC in June. Then I will do another one in December. Hopefully I will grow/retain two to three inches by the end of the year.

I clarified yesterday and then used Annabelle's Buttercream Hair cream. My hair is really soft. I think I will clarify monthly and keep up my weekly light protein treatments.

Are u taking any hair vitamins for growth? We still have like 7 mths left in this year...so if ur hair grows average that's about 3 inches of growth. Combine that with growth aids and u might be able to make it.

Angelbean

I clarified yesterday for the 1st time since being natural for over 3yrs *i am a cowasha' was the best thing for my hair definitely am going to join you in that monthly clarify & protein treatment! :yep:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Are u taking any hair vitamins for growth? We still have like 7 mths left in this year...so if ur hair grows average that's about 3 inches of growth. Combine that with growth aids and u might be able to make it.

assiyrabomb Girl I'm a slow grower. I only average about 4" per year. I just started taking Manetabolism vitamins a month ago and they I got .5" this month. I am happy about that. :yep: If that trend continues I might be about an inch or two away by the end of the year.