Waist Length Challenge 2015

ImanAdero

I hope to get a trim when I get my weave installed.

I hope to get my install done at the end of May! I'm gonna be going for the Zooey Deschanel bangs style.

I'm actually super excited to let my hair just be left alone.

CheChe1881

Update Pic:

Not sure exactly where I am, I know I am beyond BSL though.

NaturalfienD

Checking in ...

Hi ladies! I have completed a new install of marley twists but I did not dust my hair like I intended. I thought that the phase of the moon was different (growing and not getting smaller), but luckily I noticed that before I got to cutting. I don't know when I will dust/trim, more than sometime in the fall.

My hair is doing great. I am continuing to enjoy my regimen. When I take my braids down, my hair is moisturized and detangles easily. I used a moisturizing pre-poo (Chicoro's recipe), shampooed with whateva I shampooed with, and used Aphogee two-step for protein. Thereafter, I d/c with Last Call and prepped my hair for braiding. (I don't think I will do the Aphogee two step next time, I did not like the way my hair felt after using the product. Next time, I will use Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor and call it a day.)

The good news is that I am at BSL now. I am surprised that my hair grew 1.25-1.5 inches like I hoped it would from the last length check. I did not think that I would ever make it to BSL. Hopefully the rest will be gravy from here. Going from APL to BSL was harder for me than growing from collarbone to APL.

I am giving up on the egg shakes (which I think helped me with growth) because of tummy issues and will continue with applying sulfur mix at least once a week. I definitely need to step up my daily moisturizing because my scalp is dehydrated.

nakialovesshoes- great question ... I hope to be scraping MBL by next length check. It is wishful thinking but hey, anything is possible. :yep:

Here is my LC pic -

user331121_pic126035_1398140216_thumb.jpg

I hope you all are doing well ...

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
I could have sworn I joined.

I am currently MBL. I think I have 2" to WL. I will continue roller setting once to twice a week and condition washing when the summer (heck spring if it gets itself together) arrives.

krissyhair

I have a question that maybe one of you girls could answer.

Let's say I get up in the morning and cowash during my shower. Then later in the day I go to the gym and work up a mean sweat. Is it necessary to wash or cowash again, or can I put it off for a day or two?

Straighthoodtea

Geeze, I updated everywhere else, except here. Sorry ya'll. about a week ago, I flat ironed my hair and BOOM.:yep: I'm MBL now. I didnt even realize it. It's been about a week and a half and ive been enjoying my flat ironed hair and it's fun to look in the mirror and see that my hair is literally "down my back":lick: on to waist length!! :drunk:

PlainJane

Geeze, I updated everywhere else, except here. Sorry ya'll. about a week ago, I flat ironed my hair and BOOM.:yep: I'm MBL now. I didnt even realize it. It's been about a week and a half and ive been enjoying my flat ironed hair and it's fun to look in the mirror and see that my hair is literally "down my back":lick: on to waist length!! :drunk:
Wow! Congrats! I am mostly relaxed, but natural MBL is my ultimate goal!

Duchess007

I hit WL!

I'm still going to stick around, because I think I'm going to do some trimming.

Attachments

• image-2972165999.jpg
    image-2972165999.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 112

Fine 4s

Keeping it up and doing lots of twist. Outs, twists that evolve into a bun. Blow drying in a salon in June so I'll have a pic upgrade then...I don't remember if My goad was to reach WL by the beginning of 2015, mid-point or at the end of the year. When I do though I will flat iron and will be swinging it in some club with a sexy outfit!!!!

I can't wait for 2015 and 2016 :) My last pic post in here was March. Next pic...3 months later.

Last edited:

loulou82

Fab updates everyone!! It's great to see so much progress to WL so early in the challenge. I can't imagine what Dec 2015 will be like :yep:.

JJamiah

Hello Ladies,
@Froreal3 @claud-uk :grouphug:

I went for a trim today :). Much needed to make those ends happy. :)
So I think that puts me back to BSL.. :)
Here it was I was thinking it wasn't growing.. :)

The one thing I want to incorporate back into my regimen is my weekly Deep conditioners. I need to get that in atleast once a week.... NO LESS.. and I will also be using my steamer much more.
My next DC isn't set for 4 weeks due to me getting a weave tomorrow.

angelhairtype4

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I've updated. I've been busy with work, school, and my munchkins.
I know I said I wanted to make bsl by December of last year. Well I did, and I was surprised to find out that I am currently mid back length.
For the most part my hair has been down, but I hardly mess with it, so I guess you can say I have been doing low manipulation styles, and my main focus has been keeping my hair moisturized.
I have maybe 3 inches till I am waist length. I may make it sooner since I am starting my summer workouts again, but we will see. I'll be posting some updated pics soon.
Happy growing ladies!

loulou82

All of the updates have encouraged me to post one. I was actually discouraged at my progress before doing the comparison but I'm doing better than I thought.

First pic: 12/7/2013
Second pic: 05/03/2014 (the piece I'm holding isn't broken, it's gathered in my palm)

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 147

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Oh no ma'am Froreal3, I got a cut to bring all ends back to blunt cut.

WTH?! divachyk You hurt me! You couldn't have trimmed 1.5 or something?:nono:

In the before pic, your hair was all spread out all over your back...in the after pic it's all close together.

:swordfigh:spank::swearing::angry2::hammer: :censored: :fishslap::whip::eek2::endworld::darkcloud: :alcoholic :beer5:

*sigh* Now that I've got that out my system. Still looks great!

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
WTH?! divachyk You hurt me! You couldn't have trimmed 1.5 or something?:nono: In the before pic, your hair was all spread out all over your back...in the after pic it's all close together. :swordfigh:spank::swearing::angry2::hammer: :censored: :fishslap::whip::eek2::endworld::darkcloud: :alcoholic :beer5: *sigh* Now that I've got that out my system. Still looks great!

She depressed me too, but it looks soooooo good!!!!

angelhairtype4

Sorry I'm not on my computer, but here are some updated pictures..ignore the back fat in the second pic I was bound pretty tight.

Anyway the first pic was taken on Jan 3rd the second pic was taken last month. Last picture is from today. I will have to redo the last one it kept looking like I was tilting my head so I will do another pic next wash day and make that one my official length check.

I have trimmed twice this year already due to some split ends I got from flat ironing. Once was after the first flat iron and I just trimmed again yesterday after this last flat iron.

In the first pic I used lower heat. The second one I went up. No heat damage, but I got a few splits due to my hair snagging on my clothes.....I'll have to invest in satin shirts if I plan on flat ironing again. I will probably do one more trim just because I'm so anal about split ends. Also I won't be flat ironing again for a while. That whole hair blowing in the wind wasn't cute when it was flying all over my face and getting stuck in my lip gloss.

So yea. I think that's mbl or at least full bsl lol. Either way I am happy with the progress. I will be documenting how my hair and skin do while I am doing my clean eating and weight training stint.

Attachments

• 20140103lengthcheck.jpg
    20140103lengthcheck.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 120
  • second flat iron april.jpeg
    second flat iron april.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 152
  • 2014-05-04 length check.jpg
    2014-05-04 length check.jpg
    420.2 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

Straighthoodtea

Soooo....My hair didnt swell up when it rained all week long, during the time i had my hair flat ironed. So Im feeling some kind of way.:ohwell: I'm praying and hoping and wishing this doesnt mean heat damage yall.:nono: So either I found the holy grail of flat ironing methods for natural folks or I dun messed up like crazy. Pray my strength in the lawd yall. My strands were looking too straight during my time flat ironed.:perplexed: I put some conditioner on it last night as a prepoo and it curled up some, but i havent washed my hair yet. tbh im scared. I know I have heat damage in the front, but the rest of my hair has always been on good terms. ugh. im too scared.:nono:

Beautified16

Texlaxed
Ultimate Goal: Waist Length
Regimen: I wash my hair every 6-7 days. I deep condition with every wash. I apply my leave ins and then I air dry in twists.
How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: Around 5-6 inches
Natural/Relaxed/Other: Texlaxed
Tips/Tricks: None at the moment
Issues or difficulties you're having: After my pregnancy my edges broke off. So now I am in the process of growing them.