Waist Length Challenge 2015

Straighthoodtea

yeah, so the heat damaged from is just slightly more heat damaged. I thankfully didnt kill my hair. I am gonna do a protein treatment in the next few days. and hopefully that will help my heat damaged hair in the front, get some spring in it's step!

jprayze

Hey everyone!! I'm checking in...things are going well and hoping I'll hit MBL by the end of June. Why don't I ever know what to do with my hair for special events? I'm going to an event in 2 weeks. I want to get my hair done Friday (if I go to a stylist) and travel Sat am for the event Sat nite. What's a good travel friendly hairdo for a special (cocktail formal) event? Any ideas?

Here's my travel friendly hairdo for special event. Faux bun. Wish I did it myself but I didn't. Let's see how long it lasts! I think it's a good PS if it can last for at least a few days!

image-3025301959.jpg

Guinan

Re-Branding
jprayze, things r ok, alittle hectic @ work. I've been working alot of overtime, for my bday vacay. Me & my sis are planning on going to curaçao.

angelhairtype4

Wash day, trim, then length check...
I don't know how much I trimmed, I just got rid of the splits and fuzzy ends. Hair is untangling much better now.
I got some Goody Barrettes from Bed Bath and Beyond, did some twists, and put in my protective style. It's been too hot for me to wear my hair down. I sweat real easily. Kokum butter has become my staple butter it's not heavy but makes an excellent sealant. It has helped define my coils more. I guess cause it's packed with vitamin e, and helps build elasticity. I've gotten rid of the shea butter it was the cause of my eye allergies.

My simplified regimin...
I use avocado oil to massage my scalp once a week.
Cowash once a week.
Wash hair every 2 weeks. Either using rhassoul clay or giovanni.
Mist hair with 50/50 Avj and water.
Seal with Kokum butter or Kokum butter mix.
Style.

I will say my split ends were a setback. I'm glad I caught it in time. I won't be flat ironing until I reach past waist length. That way if I do get splits again i won't be going back from my progress.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140511_183730.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140511_183730.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 106
  • ForumRunner_20140511_184034.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140511_184034.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 135

loulou82

I've been hair lazy for 2 weeks. Just rocking a bun on stretched hair. I'm mainly lurking the skin and nail forum and revamping my beauty routine.

ImanAdero

I feel like my hair isn't retaining.

I have been the same 4 inches from WL that I have since last November I feel...

Time to figure it out.

NGraceO

I've completely fallen off the earth in all of my challenges.

Soooooo, Long-winded Update.

I interrupted my year-long wig challenge (I planned to wig it to waist length :grin:) and installed senegalese twist for five weeks in April when I tired of wig wearing. I'm now back, begrudgingly, in wigs. Hopefully the wig I just ordered can renew my motivation.

I also planned to reduce the length of my texlaxer stretches from 24 weeks to 10-12 weeks. That never happened. :look: I am currently 16 weeks post, and am considering stretching until the end of the year (IDK if I am even capable of that...:lol:) due to a possibility of transitioning (another indecisive move on my part.)

I feel like I'm not seeing the progress to waist length that I had hoped for (I guess expected drastic growth, which is unrealistic, esp for a slow grower like myself).

Heres a unofficial progress shot from the end of Dec 2013 to this past weekend. I won't be doing a flat-ironed length check until the end of the year (hopefully i won't renege on that, too :lol:)

ETA: Hmm....maybe my hair is growing.

Attachments

• 1PicMonkey Collage.jpg
    1PicMonkey Collage.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

JJamiah

Nothing to report here either. I am under a weave for another 4 weeks. After which I need to let my hair breath for a month at least before deciding what to install next.

irisak

I wanna join. I'm currently bsl and got some major thickening and growth from my 30 week pregnancy. No baby but I got hair. ♡

Ultimate Goal: My ultimate goal is waist length. I think it's the sexiest length of them all.
Regimen: My Reggie is pretty basic. I wash once a week with whatever shampoo I have on hand. I was dcing with ors replenishing but found it too moisturizing. I switched to the hair mayo and my hair seems to be in love. I cowash when I want to sometimes never sometimes daily with v05. I stretch my relaxes at least 16 weeks but usually more and only do a moisturising dc after a protein treatment or a touch up. I'm starting to ps but I usually either wear my hair in a wash and go pony or straightened.
How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: I believe it's 4-5. Its about 16-17 inches of hair for me.
Natural/Relaxed/Other: (OPTIONAL) doesn't matter to me, I love it all... texlaxed
Tips/Tricks: I keep it simple and listen to my hair. For me that means a protein heavy regimen and very little moisture or my hair starts fussing at me.
Issues or difficulties you're having: I have been trying to grow out this fringe in the front for years. The rest of my hair is on point but I can't get this fringe past my nose to save my life. I'm also terrified of post partum shedding. Hopefully this time I'll get to keep all my strands.

Starting pics: I'm not flat ironing for another two weeks or so but here are my two most recent photos:

ForumRunner_20140516_022802.jpg

ForumRunner_20140516_022817.jpg

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I clarified my hair with Aubrey's Swimmer's Shampoo. Did a light protein treatment with SSI Okra Reconstructor. Followed up with ACV and Annabelle's Perfect Blends Buttercream hair cream. Hair feels so luscious right now. I will probably do an official lc in June...maybe a light flat iron.

Yay! I'm so glad it's working for you!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

How do you bantu knot just your ends? Duchess007. Like what is the technique?

EmilyWilde

Ultimate Goal: Tailbone (for now)

Regimen:Cowash/deep co. with oils every 2 weeks (shampoo every 2 - 3 months). Use heat only twice a month. Relax once a year. Trim every 4-6 months.

How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: 5 inches

Natural/Relaxed/Other: (OPTIONAL) Mostly relaxed.

Tips/Tricks: Olive/Coconut oil for deep conditioning (mixed with reg. co.), Almond oil to refresh shine.

Issues or difficulties you're having: The urge to trim/cut my hair. I've been cutting bangs to try to circumvent this urge, since they usually grow back pretty fast.

Duchess007

How do you bantu knot just your ends? @Duchess007. Like what is the technique?

Whoa- I totally missed this one. Can't see mentions from my phone, so sorry I'm so late!

I usually twist my hair down until I have about 2 inches of hair left. Then I combine the remaining ~2" hair in one twist (i.e. I wrap the hair around and around until it is all twisted together). Once I have the bottom part twisted, I pinch the bottom of the two-strand twisted section with one hand and start bantu knotting from there (imagine that the fingers that are "marking" the spot are your scalp).

I can try to do a vid or pictorial if that helps. This has seriously been working wonders for my ends.

Last edited:

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Although I got great results with my last set of extensions. I've decided not to redo them. My edges are so thin, I don't want to take any more chances. I've decided to wet bun for the summer. Maybe taking the bun down every 4 days to moisturize and redo but I'll see. I'm testing the water right now, if I can go longer without having to redo my bun then that would be great.

krissyhair

I'm growing pretty well. But during my last wash tonight I noticed the terrible effects of my last trim. There's just one super long piece that shows how uneven it was. I should skip the next trim to make BSL.

ImanAdero

Gonna put my weave in on Tuesdaaaaaaayyyyyy!!!!! So excited and I hope it looks good. I'm doing a full head I'm gonna read BHM all I can to make sure I take care of it well.

Edit: weeeellllll... Maybe not. My usual stylist's prices went WAAAAYYYYY up! And I know weaves are expensive but dang!

Anyone ever been to those weave bars? I'm um... ::look:: Thinkin about it...

Last edited:

greenbees

I feel like my hair's growth had hit a wall. I'm definitely in MBL zone but now my waist feels so far away. :-( I know it's because I'm impatient but it feels so far away. I said to myself that I'm not straightening until I hit my goal but I might give in earlier.

I think I might get some braids or Havana twists for the summer.

Anywho, here's my last update picture, taken on April 27th

ForumRunner_20140530_162441.jpg

sharifeh

A few ladies have mentioned weave in this thread- any tips for takedown?
I have a weave in that I'm taking down this weekend...if takedown goes well I might get another one...

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

iVR

Do you guys know of anybody who sells silk beanies and bandanas? I'm coming up on SL and I need more accessories. Bows aren't cutting it anymore.