Waist Length Challenge 2015

JJamiah

I am two treatments in. I have steamed my hair today using Dudley's Protein Hair Cream. I used the Hair Therapy Wrap on for 30 minutes. I washed with Wen Pomegranate. Sprayed with Aphogee Leave-in and Miss Jessies Leave in. :) and put it up in a puff... so far, so good. I didn't get a trim this week, and I think I will wait for now. I at least want to get my hair in conditioned, condition before straightening it for a trim. I am proud of myself though, as I am truly trying to get on the right path.

snoop

I know that I'll make it one day, but I don't think it will be the end of this year. I joined this challenge before I figured out that I was a slow grower. I managed to make it to BSB from about shoulder length when I joined and figure that I can make waist length by the end of next year. Will check in by this year's end.

iVR

I have to go back and read everything I've missed lol. I've been doing the "just graduated and need a job" scramble. My hair is past APL now, but I won't straighten it again until December. Anybody have any suggestions for a setting foam for roller sets? I need one that is lightweight and non sticky.

NowIAmNappy

About a week ago I cut another 2 inches off after last months 2 inch trim. I want this color on the ends gone. I'm rejoining this challenge because I'm currently just touching BSL. I hope to take these twists out this weekend, do a protein treatment then deep condition and take an official length check. I have my wedding coming up in about 3 months and I hope to be fully BSL by then.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Okay so I am going to start wigging it up for a few weeks. I am not going to make it either @snoop, but we have to stay in it to win it. @Froreal3 do you care to start the new thread or should I? I need another go at this. I hope to make it.

I agree @JJamiah :lol: I need another two years too. IDK what happened to this hurr. I should at least be MBL. I will start another thread when I take a length check pic, probably sometime in November.

JJamiah

@Froreal3 seriously my hair is on punishment. LOL I am truly hoping this new found care again will help it fight off the medicine damage. It has stopped falling out, now it is babying and pampering time. I am tempted to do a bentonite clay mask. I use this for my skin weekly and for wounds, or injuries :)... so not like I need to buy anything new. I will do it when I need to clarify which isn't anytime soon.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I've been thinking about messaging my scalp with aloe vera juice (not gel) between washes to help ensure its health since I'm not washing weekly anymore. Anyone else try this before? I'm curious if the juice is as effective as the gel.
I massage my scalp with aloe juice a couple times a week mixed with peppermint oil. It makes my scalp feel clean and refreshed

caliscurls

I massage my scalp with aloe juice a couple times a week mixed with peppermint oil. It makes my scalp feel clean and refreshed

That's a good idea! Yeah I'm just going to try it, like right after my work outs to refresh my scalp and see what happens. I don't have any issues but prevention is key and I'm having second thoughts about using the Nioxin Scalp leave-in since it makes me itch. Please I think it'll be good for my edges. I've stopped using castor oil in favor of trying one of the Komaza serums (I forget the name) for my edges...again as prevention given how I've seen my moms hairline change over the years. I have no idea though if her issues are hereditary or care related. My grandmas (her mom) hairline is still nice and full.

ilong

God's Own
I'm not making WL... I feel like I need a serious trim. ..

And I'm okay with that at this point...
I technically have enough to donate, so I might do that any way, regardless of of I make WL.

I know I plan on getting a good trim soon anyway.
@ImanAdero - May I have your donation, PRETTY PLEASE WITH TO DIE FOR CONDITIONER ON TOP ???!!! :) I ain't too proud to beg - for hair!!! :lachen:

BTW - Your hair is beautiful! (re: LC in WL thread)

Last edited:

bebezazueta

@Prettymetty, We definitely will. I will start it if it isn't by the beginning of next month. Another two year shot at this for myself is necessary.

I am getting up tomorrow early in the morning and washing my hair with WEN Pomegranate, and then deep conditioning under a cap with Miss Jessie's Rapid Recovery. I am going to be washing and going.. :)

Tag me as well please. I'm full APL natural and on my way to WL!

Thanks!

JJamiah

You'll definitely be tagged @bebezazueta . A link will also be placed here.

WELL... I am so happy because... My shedding is reduced significantly and I am so happy about that. This upcoming week I am adding a protein treatment and a moisturizing treatment. I think my hair craves protein at closer intervals than I thought. I think that I figured no relaxer, no need for close protein treatments. I was wrong. I gave myself a DRC treatment three weeks ago and now it is as if I need a booster. So I will be using the Dudley's Hair Rebuilder this upcoming week, with the Dudley's Protein Moisturizing treatment. My hair is currently thriving. I am so happy about this. :) so very happy.

sgold04

I've had my crochet braids in for 3 weeks, I plan to take them out at 5 or 6, I'm not a fan of the hair that was used. I will get another install a few days after I take these down. The girl who does my crochet braids likes to leave hair out in the front, but the front of my hair is fine, and damaged I think, so it's just not cooperating. I did blow dry it yesterday, and it made me miss my straight hair. I need to workout like a mad woman the next several weeks, and I can't be concerned with my hair, so I'll keep it crocheted until a week or two before Christmas, then I'll straighten.

Eta: how are you uploading pics? Whenever I try, it just "thinks" endlessly. Do I need to re-size them or something?

SpicyPisces

3 Years Natural
I definitely won't be making WL this year either. I seem to struggle to get past BSL for some reason, whether I'm relaxed or natural. I'm just hiding my hair and fixing my diet in hopes that I'll reach MBL by early next year and WL by November. Please tag me in the new challenge when it's created as well :)

I had my hair in twists for the last few weeks, so I took them down and I'm just letting my hair breathe for a bit. I'll deep condition, put my hair back in twists and leave them in until mid November.

Last edited:

angelhairtype4

I'm not making wsl :(

I flat ironed and trimmed my hair again and cut off my bad ends. They really were raggedy. I cut off an inch couple months ago and just cut another 1 to 2 inches. So I am back at bra strap/mid length.

I've had a really bad year the stress also affected my health. I wasn't consistent with anything and I neglected my hair. I didn't want to claim wsl with messed up hair cause I'd just end up cutting it later a lot more because the damage was getting worse.

With this trim I can run my fingers through my hair without snags. I had a lot of split ends and single strand knots.

I need to get back on track with my original hair regimen. And focus on leaving my hair alone. (When I'm stressed I play in my hair...)
I also need to focus on protecting my ends. And keeping my hair hydrated, and my ends moisturized.

Tag me in the new thread ladies. I'm hoping I'll make wsl by summer of 2016.

caliscurls

After 3 weeks finally....
While in twists...
Prepoo'd scalp with Komaza Pona
Wash with a homemade bentonite clay mix
Conditioned with Bobeam lavender
Air dried
Redid my loose twists with QB CTDG and realized I'm only 1.5 inches from waist length :clap::happydance::headspin:

Still won't make it this year, but I'm close!