Waist Length Challenge 2015

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Congrats @Joigirl! Your hair is amazing!

As for me, I have dc in my hair now. I am thinking about flat ironing it today jut for the hell of it. Lol

I have only been doing my hair every two weeks. I need to be more hands off. My protein shake regimen has been going great. I have been consuming about 70-80 grams per day. I want to up that to 100.

JJamiah

Congrats @Joigirl! Your hair is amazing!

As for me, I have dc in my hair now. I am thinking about flat ironing it today jut for the hell of it. Lol

I have only been doing my hair every two weeks. I need to be more hands off. My protein shake regimen has been going great. I have been consuming about 70-80 grams per day. I want to up that to 100.

I am thinking about straightening myself. I was contemplating skipping a week in between treatments but right now my hair needs the TLC.

JJamiah

Ladies...

I created two monsters out of my four and I have a feeling the rest are going to be monsters as they need their dose of luxury too.

Here it goes.. I let them try my WEN...
I gave dear son a bottle and WOE.... he won't let anyone use it.. got snappy about it.
My other child was like mommy, where is my bottle of Wen. I have the gallon so I used it to wash his hair, as requested.. He was smiling from ear to ear.

HELP! Hubby just got a raise and I don't want it to go to our Wen fetish... thank goodness hubby has no hair.. LOL

caliscurls

Did a Komaza protein treatment last night followed by deep conditioning with JessiCurls DC and a final rinse of Aloe Vera juice. Air dried over night. My hair feels so fricken good this morning!!

Not sure if it's a fluke or what but my hair has felt so soft and moisturized since this treatment I'm amazed. today is the first time since Wednesday I put anything on it and it really Was unnecessary. Will do a repeat next wash day at two weeks and see if it's the Komaza. Nothing else is new. My hair growth mission is about to go to a whole new level if it's the Komaza.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Hi ladies. I washed my hair yesterday after my flat iron. It's still BSB, similar to how it looks in my avatar...and I noticed I have some heat damage. :ohwell: Some of my 4b coils are looser...like more 4a. My 4a hair also hangs looser like how my hair looks after a twist out or other stretched style. Luckily none of it is straight, so it's not crazy looking, but still I can tell the difference.

I'm not crying about it since my hair isn't falling out and it actually still looks nice and hasn't affected my styling. :look: So I'm cool with it. I'm keeping it moving and will let those parts transition back to natural as my hair grows out. I did trim off about two inches to give it a fresher start.

In other news, I'm going to monitor my growth. My protein intake is so much better! I'm so proud of myself. I have been drinking my protein shakes, eating protein bars, and foods high in protein. I'm getting about 80 grams per day. I think I will up it soon. I want to grow and retain about 3 to 4 inches this year (which is something my hair hasn't done in a couple years). I can't wait to see if I increase my retention this year! I'm going to be focusing on keeping it dusted and not really touching it for two weeks at a time. I hope to finally get closer to MBL this year.

faithVA

Hi ladies. I washed my hair yesterday after my flat iron. It's still BSB, similar to how it looks in my avatar...and I noticed I have some heat damage. :ohwell: Some of my 4b coils are looser...like more 4a. My 4a hair also hangs looser like how my hair looks after a twist out or other stretched style. Luckily none of it is straight, so it's not crazy looking, but still I can tell the difference.

I'm not crying about it since my hair isn't falling out and it actually still looks nice and hasn't affected my styling. :look: So I'm cool with it. I'm keeping it moving and will let those parts transition back to natural as my hair grows out. I did trim off about two inches to give it a fresher start.

In other news, I'm going to monitor my growth. My protein intake is so much better! I'm so proud of myself. I have been drinking my protein shakes, eating protein bars, and foods high in protein. I'm getting about 80 grams per day. I think I will up it soon. I want to grow and retain about 3 to 4 inches this year (which is something my hair hasn't done in a couple years). I can't wait to see if I increase my retention this year! I'm going to be focusing on keeping it dusted and not really touching it for two weeks at a time. I hope to finally get closer to MBL this year.
It sounds like you just need a good protein treatment and your hair will be back to normal. It may take 2 or 3 but you may be back to normal.

ezina

Not making it to WL this year. My hair is full BSL (maybe MBL). I trimmed off some heat damage at the beginning of September. Still have some more to trim off but I want to reach full MBL first and maintain there until all the heat damage is gone. It's a bit annoying but whatever. So for 2016, my goal is to be full MBL with no heat damage, and that's okay with me.

What's NOT okay is heat damage.

JJamiah

While the end of the year isn't here yet, I wanted to say a special thank you to @Froreal3 for all your help keeping this thread going, as well as being a very active participant. I also wanted to say thank you to all the ladies here who have helped to keep this thread going for 2 long years.. :) Some of us reached waist length, and some didn't, but that is okay. What is important to know is that progress is progress. Setbacks allow us to see where we went wrong and to try again. Rome wasn't built in a day, my dad always told me. I never understood then why Rome was involved in all of our conversations, but I do now. Ladies, we can only take things one step at a time. The beautiful thing is that we are closer than we were last year, or two years ago. I learned to appreciate life in a different view being sick this year, and last year as well. My hair fell out and honestly I thought I was going to be bald. It was depressing and I started to feel less than myself. Bald spots and shedding became the normal. There was a point where I just gave up. I must say that my sisters from the board who I communicate with are inspirations and motivational. They helped me laugh when all I wanted to do was cry. All this rambling to say that this journey is an individual one, we each will undergo things that will affect our growth. No need to feel bad because we aren't there yet, we will get there eventually with persistence. :) While the journey is an individual one, it is one that we don't have to travel alone. We have each other.

JJamiah

@Froreal3 :bighug: I am.. I try every day to be.

I would like the next challenge to be for two years for sure. Give us all time to get there.

You will get there. I am going to straighten and go get a trim within the next 4-5 weeks. I really just want to finish this semester so I can get to the salon. I am at least taking care of my hair with weekly treatment and daily moisturizing. Low maintenance styling and wishing for the best. I hope in a year that I will see some progress. I am patient. :)

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Here's a pic!

What's funny is that it doesn't feel short, which is obsessed much shorter lol. But yeah, it feels manageable now.

as a disclaimer this is an IG photo, so it's highly filtered lol

@ImanAdero Stunning! :drool:

I think it's only right to tell you that I'm saving this picture so I can try and replicate this style on a u-part wig. Don't be mad at me! Promise I'm not :nuts: lol

caliscurls

Not sure if it's a fluke or what but my hair has felt so soft and moisturized since this treatment I'm amazed. today is the first time since Wednesday I put anything on it and it really Was unnecessary. Will do a repeat next wash day at two weeks and see if it's the Komaza. Nothing else is new. My hair growth mission is about to go to a whole new level if it's the Komaza.

Ok did a repeat of the Komaza protein treatment and it's not a fluke. I did my hair Sunday, let it air dry without adding anything and it still feels good...like soft but strong, Crazy. I am truly amazed buy the results. This is my number one Black Friday buy.