~~~waist Length Dreams~~~ Challenge 2018

nyeredzi

My hair seems to be stuck at just at waist length. I don't think it's budged in 6 months. I was hoping to wait until it got past waist length so I could trim steadily to stay at waist length, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. So I'm going to try my best to find the energy to blow dry and flat iron this week. If I do, I'll give myself a trim of at least 1 inch, maybe 2. It really sucks, because the hair up front needs more of a trim than the hair in the back, which will only exaggerate my layers. I wish all my hair was like the hair in the back; it's stronger.

nyeredzi

Back on the growth train! I have 3 - 6 inches (depending on where I measure from) to hit WSL and probably 2 more inches on top of that for it to be full. Darn my Amazonian height!:fistshake: Hopefully working out will give me enough of a boost to hit 1 inch a month
I know being tall keeps you from WL longer, but just appreciate the height when you sit in a car, put on a seat belt, and it isn't cutting you across the neck.

NCHairDiva

WAIST LENGTH 2019
Im upping my water intake, Im serious about my vitamins. Im keeping my hair tucked away under my wig or my Pashmina head wrap...
Im still looking for a good liquid vitamins. Im setting my goal for at least 3-4 inchs of growth by December of this year! If I can make this goal I will be right were I need to be for 2018.
All I keep saying to myself is No Games, Keep Focused, Its Worth It and Keep Your Eyes On the Prize!!!
LETS KEEP PUSHING LADIES!!!

snoop

I've been slacking this year, too, with my progress -- especially internally. I'm still hovering at around 2 inches or less on my longest layer for waist length (or so it feels -- I haven't done photos in a little while). I'm due in about 4 weeks, but I've been eating anything -- healthy or not -- so long as I can keep it down. Unfortunately, it's taken me away from my regular cleaner eating/water drinking habits. Looking at pics, my twists have grown quite a bit since the beginning of the year so maybe my layers are evening out. BUT, I'm thinking, by the time I'm ready to do this full swing I'll be battling postpartum shedding. :cry3:If it's not one thing, it's another, right?

Hoping to do some pics and post really soon. Maybe this weekend.

I'm still hoping to make WL by the end of the year, though.

snoop

I've been wearing my hair in medium sized two strand twists for the past few weeks. I'm starting to like them more than the mini twists since they are just as easy to maintain as mini twists, but not as time consuming.

I also decided to do a length check using my length check shirt, which I hadn't done since this time last year when I was at #7. Originally, I thought that if I hit #10 then I would be at waist length, but I think that WL is #11, now. One more inch to go!

Attachments

• Twists_June2017.jpg
    Twists_June2017.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 146
  • PhotoGrid_1498622727269-01.jpeg
    PhotoGrid_1498622727269-01.jpeg
    765.7 KB · Views: 158

KidneyBean86

Southern sweetheart
I highly doubt I will reach wl this year. I had a huge setback in December so I'm just trying to get my hair back to where it was. I have been wearing my hair in crochet twists for the last three months. I'm just now reaching APL again. Hopefully next year

Last edited:

sgold04

I should've measured my hair last time it was straight two weeks ago after my trim. I'll check next wash day. I'm 2-3 inches past my bra strap (so about 16-17 inches) I fluctuate on my dedication to waist length...but then I come back to this thread like "get on it!" I'll be waist length at about 20 inches. I, too, blame my height. I don't think I'll make it this year, but if I can get another 2 inches after trims, I'll be happy

nyeredzi

I've been wearing my hair in medium sized two strand twists for the past few weeks. I'm starting to like them more than the mini twists since they are just as easy to maintain as mini twists, but not as time consuming.

I also decided to do a length check using my length check shirt, which I hadn't done since this time last year when I was at #7. Originally, I thought that if I hit #10 then I would be at waist length, but I think that WL is #11, now. One more inch to go!
I wear medium twists often too. I don't usually like how they look, though, so I wear them in a bun. I still don't like how that looks, but I've only got so much time and effort to give to me hair now. How do you prefer to wear yours?

I did manage to blow dry and pseudo-straighten last week, so I trimmed my hair myself. Probably something like 2 inches off the front parts, 1 - 1.5 in the back. Ah well. Guess I'll consider myself a proper MBL now. I think I can make it back to scraping WL by the end of the year, though. Go, shorties! WL is around 18" for me.

snoop

I wear medium twists often too. I don't usually like how they look, though, so I wear them in a bun. I still don't like how that looks, but I've only got so much time and effort to give to me hair now. How do you prefer to wear yours?

I did manage to blow dry and pseudo-straighten last week, so I trimmed my hair myself. Probably something like 2 inches off the front parts, 1 - 1.5 in the back. Ah well. Guess I'll consider myself a proper MBL now. I think I can make it back to scraping WL by the end of the year, though. Go, shorties! WL is around 18" for me.

I've been wearing my twists down lately, but I think my ends have been suffering as a result. I did a trim lady week, but I think I need to put my hair in mini twists to be able to get the trim done properly so I'll do that this week(end). After, I'll go back to medium since they're easier to handle.

Normally, I put my twists into a pony tail then tuck they ends into the bottom off the elastic. Or if I'm home my hair doesn't need to be up, so I'll throw on a bonnet or head tie to protect my hair.

ETA photos

Attachments

• Twists_June2017.jpg
    Twists_June2017.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_20170519_100546_556.jpg
    IMG_20170519_100546_556.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_20170606_095044_090.jpg
    IMG_20170606_095044_090.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 127
Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
@snoop congrats! You look WL to me girlie! Your hair is so thick and gorgeous.

As for me, I've been using this Njoy sulfur pomade for the past couple weeks consistently. I like how it feels when I rub it in my scalp. Still wearing twists under my wig. At home when I'm not wearing my wig, I keep the twists tucked and pinned.

NCHairDiva

WAIST LENGTH 2019

You look WL to me as well! WoooooHooooo. And looks amzing and healthy.... Those comparisons are crazy. Such great progress!!!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I did another Bkt yesterday. My hair instantly felt thicker and heavier. Once the first wash I'm sure it'll go back to feeling light. If I had to guess I am about 3 inches from waist length.

If I were an "average" grower I could achieve that by December... thanks to my millimeter a month growth rate I will need another year.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Current Length: APL

Ultimate Goal:
HL

Regimen:

1-2 weekly: Oil prepoo (steam when possible), wash (shampoo or water rinse), steam DC every wash.
Nightly: Spray hair with oil and band
Monthly: Protein treatment

How many inches do you have to go to get to WL:
8-9 inches

Natural/Relaxed/Other:
Natural

Tips/Tricks:
no direct heat & cleanse scalp weekly

Issues or difficulties/Things you're tweaking to retain more:
learning patience, figure out when and how to trim

Starting Pic:
taken 11/25/15. waist length is at the 11 inch mark on this tshirt
View attachment 343473

View attachment 382783
1 year update. Almost there.

Waist Length Achieved!

Today's length check, Please excuse my orange henna hands:
20170708_121951.jpg 20170708_123952.jpg
My waist is around the 10 inch mark.

Last edited:

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.

Snoop you too!!
Con-grat- ulatuons. All of this wool is driving me mad. Mad I tell you lol! This is my future Lord willing!

NCHairDiva

WAIST LENGTH 2019
Someone please answer for me...
About (estimate) how long does it take to get from Full BSL to WL?
I am currently at or around BSL. My goal is to reach full WL by Sep 2018 (wedding goals!) Im 5'3"... average torso... I dont know if Im just not doing something right or what. At this stage it always seems like everything pulls my hair out or falls out...stays the same length...
Where I am/what Im doing:
I am in total protection mode. I braid in a behive under wigs for 6 weeks at a time. I recently had breakage on my edges so I am taking a break from braids for about 2 weeks, while mini twist for those 2 weeks. Im moisturizing nightly in my twist. I deep condition with every take down. Im adding in a protien treatmemt with take down as well. I seal as well most of the time with caster oil or Njoy oil. I take a gummy Hair Skin and Nails gummies. I will ne adding vitamins and very open to suggestions. I dont sleep much due tp insomnia (I do take meds for it when it becomes to much)
Any and all help is appreciated. Im gonna clean start on Sep. 1 to have a full year of growth.