~~~waist Length Dreams~~~ Challenge 2018

Realhairdontcare

Current Length : like at least an inch from apl..my hair grew a lil since i took my starting pic otherwise i believe it was further away from apl
Ultimate Goal : WL
Regimen : wash hair once a week. Cowash in between that week if needed. Oil scalp as needed. LCO daily or as needed. Trim ends every 4 months. DC once a week. Protein treatment every other month. Only use heat once a month if I do. If not then wear hair stretected most of the time. Curly only once in awhile.
How many inches do you have to get to WL: i think 7 ? I'm going to have to buy a tape measure to make sure.
Natural/Relaxed/Other : Natural
Tips/Tricks :
Issues you're having/ things you're tweaking to grow or retain more : none currently

Attachments

• 1450446054760.jpg
    1450446054760.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 84

trclemons

Happy New Year Ladies!!!

I decided to kick off the year with a bang:

1. Pre-poo'd overnight with an AVJ mix
2. Mixed Soultanicals Scalp Detox with ORS DC and sat under a heat cap for 1 hour
3. Cowashed with Jakeala Flax Mallow Conditioner
4. Used SSI Reconstructor
5. Rinsed out 80% of Shea Moisture African Black Balancing Conditioner
6. LCOB'd with Siamese Twist Bamboo Spritzer, Mission Condition Arabian Nights, Entwine Argan Oil on length, Kyra Shea Medley Growth & Restore on scalp, Kreyol Essence Lemon HBCO on edges & KJ Naturals Milk & Honey Sealing Butter on ends.

bluenvy

Current Length: Grazing BSL
Ultimate Goal: HL
Regimen:
Wash every week, dc, than moisturize and seal into a bun or wng.
I play with twist and braid outs once or twice monthly. Cowash twice between washes.
How many inches do you have to go to get to WL:
Around 5-7 inches
Natural/Relaxed/Other:
Natural
(OPTIONAL)
Tips/Tricks:
Issues or difficulties you're having/Things you're tweaking to grow or retain more:
Starting Pic:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 80

angelhairtype4

mini twists 01012016.png mini2 01012016.png mini 01012016.png I'm still in mini twists. My last length check was in October when I cut off about 3 inches. 20151022_064831.jpg untitled.png .
Before Putting in my mini twists my hair was still at the same length.

Current Length: Mid Back Length

Ultimate Goal: Classic Length

Regimen: Co Wash Weekly, Cleanse Every 2 weeks, Deep condition every 2 weeks alternating between protein and moisture deep conditions. Hot oil treatment once a month. Pamper my ends as necessary. Styles in between washes included twisted buns, mini twists, and cornrows (stretched styles). I plan on going back to banana clips and goody barrettes.

How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: 5 maybe 6 or 7 lol

Natural/Relaxed/Other: Natural

Tips/Tricks: Using the blow dryer to stretch my hair has been very helpful. Remember to hold my ends with the Denman brush and blow dry starting at the ends so they will be straight, it prevents the ends from knotting or feeling wiry after blow drying.

Issues or difficulties you're having/Things you're tweaking to grow or retain more: Hand in hair syndrome, stress, and trying to get my hair to do things it can not do. And did I mention stress, stress, and stress lol. To fix it I am making more time for myself, pampering myself and leaving the dead weight behind.

FollicleFanatic

Current Length: MBL
Ultimate Goal: Hip length
Regimen: DC 1-2x/wk, shampoo/protein as needed, protective styling, babying ends, inversion
How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: 3 or 4
Natural/Relaxed/Other: (OPTIONAL) Natural
Tips/Tricks: steaming :love:
Issues or difficulties you're having/Things you're tweaking to grow or retain more: RETAINING! I've been in MBL purgatory for the longest. Thickness has increased greatly but where the length at?! I'll continue inverting, steaming, babying ends. Will increase my protein both internal and external.
Starting Pic:

Attachments

• IMG950026.jpg
    IMG950026.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG950027.jpg
    IMG950027.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

trclemons

Current Length: BSL
Ultimate Goal: Hip length
Regimen: DC 1-2x/wk, shampoo/protein as needed, protective styling, babying ends, inversion
How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: 3 or 4
Natural/Relaxed/Other: (OPTIONAL) Natural
Tips/Tricks: steaming :love:
Issues or difficulties you're having/Things you're tweaking to grow or retain more: RETAINING! I've been in BSL purgatory for the longest. Thickness has increased greatly but where the length at?! I'll continue inverting, steaming, babying ends. Will increase my protein both internal and external.
Starting Pic:

If your starting picture is current, then your current length is MBL, not BSL.

FollicleFanatic

@FollicleFanatic :welcome4:! You are already MBL, not sure why you have BSL as your current length. That is where I'm trying to get! lol

You think so? Depending on the bra I wear my hair is at the very bottom of the strap. I want a nice full hemline, not three struggle strands lol.

If your starting picture is current, then your current length is MBL, not BSL.

Dang I'm gonna go head and claim it then :toocool: I'll still hang up in here until I get that hemline.
I better change my length I posted in other challenges then..

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
You think so? Depending on the bra I wear my hair is at the very bottom of the strap. I want a nice full hemline, not three struggle strands lol.

Dang I'm gonna go head and claim it then :toocool: I'll still hang up in here until I get that hemline.
I better change my length I posted in other challenges then..
Girl, you are MBL! lol Stay up in here till you make WL in 2016.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I have a set of twists with braided roots in. I'm going to be taking them down every two weeks. I've reincorporated NJoy's sulfur oil. I'll be using it every other day. So far the tweeks I've made for better growth and retention are:

More protein internal and topically
Vitamins: Manetabolism (contains 5000 mcg of biotin) and B-complex
Keep twists in longer to reduce manipulation (take down every biweekly instead of each week). I'll DC in my twists and do protein on loose hair.
Sulfur oil: Stay consistent with it. I'll be using NJoy oil about 4-5x per week.
Dust: Every three month, I'll dust about 1/8" to 1/4" off.

I'll be maintaining my hair in twist updos like I always do and moisturizing and sealing my hair every other day/when it feels dry throughout the week.

sgold04

image.jpg Current Length: BSL
Ultimate Goal:
Whip
Regimen: weekly shampoo/or co-wash, DC, chunky twists for 3-5 days of the week. Protein once a month.
How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: 5
Natural/Relaxed/Other: natural (OPTIONAL)
Tips/Tricks:
baggy my ends regularly, S&D when needed. Manetabolism, cardio, clean eating.
Issues or difficulties you're having/Things you're tweaking to grow or retain more: I was waist length until a "trim" chopped 4 inches I will now trim my hair myself
Starting Pic: pic posted in the wrong place lol.

Caramel74

I'm going to do an oil rinse tomorrow. Also I'm not getting my dominican blowout next Friday and going without straightening for a while. My hair been looking good with my wash n go tension blowdry (indirect heat at 70% dry with curl shrinkage). It loosens the curls and gives me most of my length back. The curls are defined and it's shiny. I have to remind myself of how my hair looks at times and just let it set in my bun. When it's wet I get sad because it looks so uneven. Don't ever want to be tempted to cut it ever again. Just dustings every few months or an inch every six months. I'm so greatful for the supportive threads that I have found. There was this one post that basically said "hang in there because I had the same problem and it went away around MBL."

Last edited:

Fhrizzball

So some of my hair is nipple length already so sorta a milestone as I have been trying to reach that forever. I spontaneously tried to dye my hair blue black but my bangs just got dark blue and the rest just black so I guess I can use that to judge my growth as well. I've been neglecting my hair over the holidays so I'm going to try to do better from here on. I stocked on some SM masques to boot. I think they're my Kryptonite.

Caramel74

Did my oil rinse and it was a huge success! :D The oil rinse helps so much with my ends. It seems like it makes them thicker and not tangled or dry at all. I wet my hair and combed through it, applied extra virgin olive oil, combed it through, bunned it for a half and hour, then conditioner washed it. After that it was towel dry and apply regular products. I don't know if I ever listed my products so I'm posting them here:

Shampoo: Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Shampoo Lower Sulfates
Conditioner: Suave Professionals Moroccan Infusion Conditioner with Moroccan Argan oil
CoWash: Aussie Moist Conditioner
Leave in: Infusium23 Repair and Renew with argan oil and kerating
Sealer: Argan oil
Oil Rinse: Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Shampoo once a week. Oil Rinses when needed (I guess that's my DC) CoWash M&S everyday. Straighten no more than twice a month. Sometimes only once per month and right now I'm on a personal no direct heat challenge.

Attachments

• Oil Rinse and Tension Blowdry 03 Jan 16 (3).png
    Oil Rinse and Tension Blowdry 03 Jan 16 (3).png
    538.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

iVR

Figured might as well post this again. Sorry to anyone who is also in the Bsl/mbl.

So I washed my hair and found out why Pantene's cleansing conditioner is on close out sale. Great conditioner, but the cleansing aspect is a joke. Anyways pulled out some good ole shampoo to fix that and conditioned and deep conditioned, aka got lazy, and styled my hair as usual. The Renpure coconut creme leave in conditioner and eco styler gel are my only styling products. They always leave my hair soft not matter the weather and humidity.

ezina

I think I will use Cuban/Marley hair to make two large cornrowed (or dutch/french/fishtail, etc) braids. I will take it down every week to deep condition my natural hair, and then put it back in after air drying. I will do this until I have enough money saved up for the curly lace wig I want to make.

I'm going to deep condition my hair later today so my hope is to have a decent starting length check pic by tonight.