~~~waist Length Dreams~~~ Challenge 2018

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I want in on this challenge!

Current Length: BSL
Ultimate Goal: Hip Length
Regimen: I'm still working on fine tuning my regimen, but currently I'm aiming to Deep condition 2x a week. Light Protein every other week. Shampoo/Clarify once a Month. Co-wash as needed. Moisture and seal as often as possible.
How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: I probably have 4-5 inches until I'm full waist length.
Natural/Relaxed/Other: Relaxed
Tips/Tricks: JBCO/EVOO scalp massages several times a week.
Issues or difficulties you're having/Things you're tweaking to grow or retain more: I just did a major trim due to thinning ends (again). I'm hoping the deep conditioning 2x a week will help to minimize the breakage that was causing my ends to thin.
Starting Pic:View attachment 342743

@WaistLengthDreams Your name matches the challenge name...how cool! You definitely got this is the bag now :weird:

Chazz

I hope everyone having a great weekend.
A quick check-in: my hair is grow faster than I thought it would.
I'll been step up my cowashing game. So I guess that helps. I did buy too many deep conditioner with protein.:angry2:
That made me mad. A waste of money. I don't have protein overload...my hair was just a little dry with no breakage.

melisandre

Current Length: APL
Ultimate Goal: WL
Regimen: Wash and deep condition once a week, protective styling... Wigging / bunning
How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: Not sure
Natural/Relaxed/Other: (OPTIONAL) Natural
Tips/Tricks: Low manipulation
Issues or difficulties you're having/Things you're tweaking to grow or retain more: Crown area breakage, finding the perfect deep conditioner that provides moisture and slip
Starting Pic: Will post before January 1st

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Good morning ladies! New challengers have been added. WELCOME!

I ordered some Manetabolism vitamins. I took them in early 2014 with nice results. I retained/grew about half an inch/month for the three months that I used them. I ordered a 4 month supply of the new formula. So hopefully they help me grow/retain a couple inches by the Spring.

Still doing my extra protein. Fell off a little last week since I ran out of protein powder last week, but I'm back on it this week.

Right now my hair is in twists. I feel like it's scraggly though. I want to cowash it and moisturize real quick or something.

Chazz

bronxsoloist

Current Length: MBL longest layer. APL shortest layer

Ultimate Goal: Short term =longest layer waist length. Long Term = shortest layer waist length

Regimen:Monthly - Cleanse,condition, style. Biweekly- scalp rinse Weekly- moisturize, oil saturation Daily - scalp rubs

How many inches do you have to go to get to WL:err around 3 I'mguessing but I'll edit this later

Natural/Relaxed/Other: Natural

Tips/Tricks:No heat, no cutting, no salons. PS, keep covered, stay hydrated.

Issues or difficulties you're having/Things you're tweaking to grow or retain more:Hand In Hair Syndrome. Getting too heat friendly.

Starting Pic:after birthday

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I think I may need to stop washing so often. Think I will stick to wearing my hair in these twists with braided roots and take them out every two weeks rather than every week. Shoot, maybe I need to just get some box braids with added hair so I can give my hair a break for a few months.

bronxsoloist

I think I may need to stop washing so often. Think I will stick to wearing my hair in these twists with braided roots and take them out every two weeks rather than every week. Shoot, maybe I need to just get some box braids with added hair so I can give my hair a break for a few months.

I'm a dirty bird and honestly only have wash day once a month. I'll rinse my mane but a full blown wash day,bleh, once ever 4 weeks lol. I'm not saying take my dirty advice, IJS, I don't judge lol and whatever gets you to your goal :)

bronxsoloist

I'm excited about straightening my hair next month. I'm finally at a length where I can wear my hair out more. Next year I will try to wear my hair 80% of the time. I will still wear wigs occasionally for color and shorter styles. I'm eyeing this lob wig right now...
https://www.hairsisters.com/product/MODEL-MODEL-SYNTHETIC-HAIR-DEEP-INVISIBLE-LPART-WIG-JINA/20185
These wigs you women speak of, I really want to try one some day. I wouldn't even know where begin

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
These wigs you women speak of, I really want to try one some day. I wouldn't even know where begin
Go to your local bss. Usually they allow you to try on wigs with the purchase of a wig cap. It gives you a chance to try new styles and colors without the commitment of dye or cutting.

Chazz

I only cowashing 3x a week max.

kupenda

Super excited to be here! I want gorgeous waist length hair, like yesterday. I have bleached and dyed hair in the back that i am growing out. I dont intend to bleach again until this section has completely grown out (i want a different dye style, not because its unmanageable or anything). I am also growing out my heat damaged bangs. They should be long enough to justify a cut of 3 or so inches by my birthday in March, if i can wait that long

Current Length:
Grazing APL

Ultimate Goal:
Full Waist Length, though I think there's a high chance that I'll be content at MBL

Regimen:
Weekly shampoo and dc, twice monthly mild protein, m&s every 3 days, massage scalp 3 times per week with Green Magic, daily MielleOrganics hair vitamins

How many inches do you have to go to get to WL:
Not sure. Will have to get someone to check for me. But im guessing at least 12

Natural/Relaxed/Other: (OPTIONAL)
Natural, may become a heat straightened natural in 2016 to help with knots and detangling

Tips/Tricks:
Im still learning, but i know i cant go more than 3 days without moisturizing or cowashing ny hair

Issues or difficulties you're having/Things you're tweaking to grow or retain more:
I will be taking a hair growth vitamin, massaging my scalp with a sulfur based pomade, and keeping my scalp clean. I also am thinking about going back into half wigs to protect my hair from this cold weather

Starting Pic:
Will have someone take a picture for me or try it myself today

morgandenae

Morgan Denae'
I want in ! Hope to reach WL Dec 2016 god willing.

Ultimate Goal: TBL
Regimen: Shampoo 1x weekly, mid week cowash. Hard protein every 3 months, mild every month inbetween. LCO after every wash, mist with water to reactivate products every night before tieing up hair. Vitamins, water, and exercise.
How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: 6+
Tips/Tricks: I wish
Issues or difficulties you're having/Things you're tweaking to grow or retain more: I want to thicken my ends so I will be babying and trimming along the way.
Starting Pic:

IMG_20151206_003504-2-2.jpg

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My new Kerastase goodies are here. I'm not washing my hair until Wednesday, but I want to see how everything smells :)

Today is day 7 of my inversions. It seems like I got good growth in the back and on the sides based on the looseness of my braids.

Anaisin

Current Length: Bsl-ish
Ultimate Goal: Waist length
Regimen: Wash 1x a week. Deep condition with heat. Moisturize daily. Bun
How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: not sure
Natural/Relaxed/Other: (OPTIONAL) Natural
Tips/Tricks: None
Issues or difficulties you're having/Things you're tweaking to grow or retain more: Laziness.
Starting Pic:

Attachments

• IMG_20151206_102938.jpg
    IMG_20151206_102938.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 59

Chazz

My new Kerastase goodies are here. I'm not washing my hair until Wednesday, but I want to see how everything smells :)

Today is day 7 of my inversions. It seems like I got good growth in the back and on the sides based on the looseness of my braids.
Girl I can't wait til the new year. I'm buying a bunch of stuff for my hair.:drunk:

Benuontherise

Hey I'm In!

Current Length: Full APL
Ultimate Goal: Hip Length
Regimen: shampoo 1-2 weeks with DermOrganics Moisturizing Shampoo, DC 1-2 weeks with homemade mix of coconut oil, olive, castor oil and shea butter. Buns, braid outs, sponge wet sets and wigs.
How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: About 8 in
Natural/Relaxed/Other: (OPTIONAL) 3c/4a Texlaxed but currently transitioning 11 weeks post
Tips/Tricks: I noticed LOC method on wash day followed by my Indian hemp grease keep hair completely moisturized, detangled and soft until next wash
Issues or difficulties you're having/Things you're tweaking to grow or retain more: Dry roots-LOC method-I have to spritz with water daily or every other day to maintain moisture if indian hemp is not used
Starting Pic: Sorry I took the pic myself, next time will have hubby but at line 10 to start. 11-27-15.JPG 11-27-15 pic 2.JPG

bluenvy

I want in ! Hope to reach WL Dec 2016 god willing.

Ultimate Goal: TBL
Regimen: Shampoo 1x weekly, mid week cowash. Hard protein every 3 months, mild every month inbetween. LCO after every wash, mist with water to reactivate products every night before tieing up hair. Vitamins, water, and exercise.
How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: 6+
Tips/Tricks: I wish
Issues or difficulties you're having/Things you're tweaking to grow or retain more: I want to thicken my ends so I will be babying and trimming along the way.
Starting Pic:

View attachment 344649
Your hair is growing good I've noticed :yep:

NaturalfienD

Current Length: MBL (longest layer)
Ultimate Goal: WL or W"HIP"

Regimen: Clay wash hair once or twice a week, deep condition after each wash, and Aphogee 2-step monthly. Protective styling all of the time. And ACV rinse monthly.

How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: To be totally legit, I need 2.75 inches before I can claim WL. Hopefully I will be there by the next check in ...

Tips/Tricks: Dusting quarterly and S&D as needed. Too much dusting and trimming led to stall outs for me in the past.

Issues or difficulties you're having/Things you're tweaking to grow or retain more: Aside from maintaining my patience, I need to figure out a style that will allow me to wash once or twice a week without causing setbacks. It is important to me that I deep condition often, so hopefully I can find a happy medium.

Starting Pic: ...

FullSizeRender.jpg

I am looking forward to gettin' it!!

I hope you all are doing well ...

Last edited: