~~~waist Length Dreams~~~ Challenge 2018

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I purchased some more protein powder. I haven't had any all week since I had run out. Still doing great on my medium protein treatment every two weeks. I ran out of Komaza, so I'm using Mega Tek now, which still has hydrolyzed keratin. The Komaza had more different types of proteins like keratin, wheat, collagen etc. Taking my Manetabolism Plus vitamins and doing scalp massages w/my sulfur pomade from the Pomade Shop. So if all goes well, I should hopefully be looking at another two inches by the summer. I'm going to do a quarter inch dust sometime in January.

KidneyBean86

Southern sweetheart
may I join in also?

Current Length: apl
Ultimate Goal: wl
Regimen: wash every two weeks, condition, and put hair in a puff
How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: 10
Natural/Relaxed/Other: (OPTIONAL) natural
Tips/Tricks: twist hair overnight to give it some stretch
Issues or difficulties you're having/Things you're tweaking to grow or retain more: breakage
Starting Pic:

Attachments

• 12282866_10100604852399309_1050606075_n.jpg
    12282866_10100604852399309_1050606075_n.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 106

traceedeebee

I would like to join. It'll take more than two years for me to reach waist length.

Current Length:
APL

Ultimate Goal:
Either MBL or waist length

Regimen:

Out of protective style
Prepoo, shampoo,oil rinse, and deep condition weekly.
Light protein treatment every 3 to 4 weeks.

In protective style
Cleanse and condition with diluted shampoo and conditioner every week.

In both situations
Moisturize and seal every other day paying close attention to my ends when in mini twists

How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: 8 1/2 to 9 inches

Natural/Relaxed/Other: Natural

Tips/Tricks:

I plan on inverting the first quarter. I've always wanted to try it.

Issues or difficulties you're having/Things you're tweaking to grow or retain more:

I have two problem areas at my temple. I'm hoping scalp massages will help this area.
I'm also going to prepoo with Chicoro's recipe and oil rinse when I'm not in a protective style.

Starting Pic:

This was taken on December 6th. They'll be my starting pictures. I don't predict much will change by the first.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    200.8 KB · Views: 83
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    202.4 KB · Views: 81

Caramel74

I think I figured out a solution. I'm going to Masturcuts on Sunday to get my hair flatironed for picture day with my boyfriend (Dominican Salon is closed on Sunday). It never fails with them whipping out their scissors because my hair looks uneven when it's straight. It's just the way it always grows. The crown and nape grow slower or different or whatever the case is. No matter how many times I cut it to even it, it always ends up the same. So I'll just let Mastercuts know that I'm growing my hair out and I'm in a length challenge to just curl the ends under the way I do at home. I already gave my hair a dusting so there is no need to get it cut. I really don't want to go from APL back to SL. So I made up my mind. Thank you to LHCF because without you all, I'd be the victim of the vicious hair cycle insanity, lol.

Chazz

I think I figured out a solution. I'm going to Masturcuts on Sunday to get my hair flatironed for picture day with my boyfriend (Dominican Salon is closed on Sunday). It never fails with them whipping out their scissors because my hair looks uneven when it's straight. It's just the way it always grows. The crown and nape grow slower or different or whatever the case is. No matter how many times I cut it to even it, it always ends up the same. So I'll just let Mastercuts know that I'm growing my hair out and I'm in a length challenge to just curl the ends under the way I do at home. I already gave my hair a dusting so there is no need to get it cut. I really don't want to go from APL back to SL. So I made up my mind. Thank you to LHCF because without you all, I'd be the victim of the vicious hair cycle insanity, lol.
I Agree with you.

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
Current Length: APL
Ultimate Goal: WL
Regimen: I am doing back to back weaves for a year. I will cowash on Wed and on Sundays wash, cond, and deep cond. When I get my weave redone it is wash, protein rx, cond, blow dry braid and reinstall. This will be every 8 weeks
How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: about 8
Natural/Relaxed/Other: (OPTIONAL) Natural
Tips/Tricks: Drinking more water and taking a hair vitamin called Hairburst
Issues or difficulties you're having/Things you're tweaking to grow or retain more:
Starting Pic: Will be back in Jan with a starting pic

nyeredzi

Current Length: BSL
Ultimate Goal: longest layer WL and all other hair at least BSL
Regimen: varies, but once a week wash and condition, detangle once every 1-3 weeks depending on style, blow dry with comb attachment at least once every 3 or 4 weeks.
How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: 4 or so
Natural/Relaxed/Other: (OPTIONAL) Natural
Tips/Tricks:
Starting Pic:
trying to attach. Attached!

Attachments

• dec2015length.jpg
    dec2015length.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

ResultsMayVary

Ready to join!

Current Length: BSB
Ultimate Goal: APL (unstretched/wash and go) Currently NL
Regimen:
(Sun/Monday) always shampoo/wash days
(Weekly style) - Heavily sealed twist out (air dried) placed in an updo/high pony/bun (for the winter)
Water rinse every 2-3 days and repeat style above
Protein treatments bi-weekly
DC once a month
How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: About 9 - 10
Tips/Tricks: Sealing with grease and applying oil nightly allows me to keep my hair moisturized longer
Issues or difficulties you're having/Things you're tweaking to grow or retain more: being gentle when styling and having patience when detangling
Starting Pic:

Last edited:

traceedeebee

My scalp is sore from wearing my wig today. Massaging it is helping a bit... Tomorrow I am going to loosen the straps. In a few days I won't have to worry about tight wigs anymore. I'm going on a personal no wig challenge until March :drunk:
What will you do as a protective style instead? I'm nosy.

Anaisin

Finally washed my hair yesterday. My scalp feels great

Prepoo/detangle: Vo5 Pomegranate & Grapeseed Strengthening Conditioner
Shampoo: Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Tingle
Deep Condition: HQS The Slip
Leave in: Camille Rose Fresh Curl
Moisturizer: Bel nouvo Deep Quench Moisture Butter

I used my turbie twist to soak up most of the water.
Think I did about 14 braids on damp-ish hair

angelhairtype4

I'm working on a regimen still. Tonight I'm deep conditioning. Going to heavy moisturize, do about 5 or 6 cornrows, and rotate between cornrows and my wig for a few weeks.

ajoke

I would also like to join in.

Current Length: full SL
Ultimate Goal: WL
Regimen: 1x weekly: deep condition on dry hair overnight, shampoo and condition. Light blow dry on cool or Braid or twist to stretch. Bun all week and maybe lightly re moisturise mid week of if feeling dry
How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: not sure, will measure.
Natural/Relaxed/Other: (OPTIONAL) natural 4b
Tips/Tricks: I try to regularly sleep with a silk scarf on
Issues or difficulties you're having/Things you're tweaking to grow or retain more: split ends, dry hair and tangles. I keep having to trim drastically. Just trimmed from APL in November.
Starting Pic: coming after next wash.

JJamiah

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I put in some twists that I want to last another two weeks. I used some new products, including a scalp exfoliator. Hair and scalp feel good. Still taking Manetabolism and started some B-Complex with it because I think I noticed increased shedding. Want to balance out the biotin. Still have my protein regimen going on. I find that it's harder to remember to take my vitamins and protein shake when I'm at home rather than when I am getting ready for work.

trclemons

Current Length: APL

Ultimate Goal:
HL

Regimen:
Nightly =
LCO and use butter/pomade on ends, baggy & massage scalp. NOTE: A protein spritz is used for the "L" on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays and moisture spritz is used on the other days.
Tuesdays = Wet plaits & pre-poo with cowash conditioner under heat cap for 30 minutes; wash scalp & plaits while rinsing out cowash conditioner; add in moisturizing conditioner and rinse out 80% of it with cold water; dry in turbie 30 minutes & air dry 1 hour; LCO and use butter/pomade on ends, baggy & massage scalp.
Biweekly Non-Shampoo Saturdays = On Friday night, take plaits out; spritz hair with AVJ/water/Infusium 23/ginger oil mix & re-plait; baggy overnight. On Saturday morning, take out plaits & apply DC relaxer style & sit under heat cap for 1 hour; cowash scalp & hair; add in moisturizing conditioner and rinse out 80% of it with cold water; dry in turbie 30 minutes & air dry 1 hour; LCO and use butter/pomade on ends, plait hair & let it air dry; spritz (if hair has dried), baggy and massage scalp at bedtime.
Biweekly Shampoo Saturdays = On Friday night, take plaits out; spritz hair with AVJ/water/Infusium 23/ginger oil mix, apply oil & re-plait; baggy overnight. On Saturday morning, take out plaits & apply DC relaxer style & sit under heat cap for 1 hour; shampoo scalp & cowash hair; apply reconstructor & shave; add ACV rinse & shower; add in moisturizing conditioner and rinse out 80% of it with cold water; dry in turbie 30 minutes & air dry 1 hour; LCO and use butter/pomade on ends, plait hair & let it air dry; spritz (if hair has dried), baggy & massage scalp at bedtime.

How many inches do you have to go to get to WL:

Tips/Tricks: 100% protective styling

Issues or difficulties you're having/Things you're tweaking to grow or retain more: Trying to learn when my hair needs dusting/trimming.

Starting Pic: Will post at the end of December.

Below is my starting pic.
upload_2015-12-25_19-38-34.png