WAIST LENGTH HAIR Ladies!!! PLEASE Check In!!!

Discussion in 'Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion' started by Poohbear, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Poohbear

Poohbear FearfullyWonderfullyMade

Thanks for sharing!

2. Lucia

Lucia Well-Known Member

What was your starting length for growing your hair? barely touching shoulder length

How long did it take you to achieve waist length hair from that starting point?
    counting 1 major set-back, 3-4 years

Are you relaxed, texturized, or natural? Natural

What was you regime as you grew your hair out?
    dusting trimms I did myself, every 3-4 months, baggying nightly at one point, regime link in siggy

What products did you use? suave coconut conditioner, S-curl no drip activator, monoi, avocado, coconut, masqueti oils-diff times, silicon mix, aphogee for a time( I don't use it now) my updated regime link is in my siggy, products in my fotki.

What styles did you wear? braided weaves, phonytail baggie, baggying nightly at one point ( I had some dryness issues)

Any other hair growing tips??? I would say if your braiding or braid/weave, you have to moisturize daily most times moisturize extra, that's why I baggied so much at one point. Also I think I should have given up the braided weave when i was mid-back approaching WSL cause the weight of the weave I had to wear to cover my real hair was getting too heavy, and it was too hard to get inbetween to moisturize and oil like I used to. Also, keep your products to a minimum, simplify your routine as much as you can, and give up heat when trying to reach a goal, then you can find a healthy balance with heat usage. hth

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  3. Chicoro

Chicoro Well-Known Member

Alright, Lucia! :grin:

4. Lucia

Lucia Well-Known Member

Thanks girl, it's been a long haul, and you know I could not have done it without you and some of my other hair mentors on here and on fotki. WSL party :woot: :p: :grin: you know

5. MrsHdrLe

MrsHdrLe New Member

bumping for more success stories. Congrats to all you "WL Hair Hall of Famers!" Are there more who've made it? Tell us.

6. BroadstreetBully

BroadstreetBully New Member

Oh I like this thread!

7. Toy

Toy Well-Known Member

Waistlength checking in .

8. camilla

camilla New Member

Any tips toy???????????:grin:

9. Toy

Toy Well-Known Member

10. beans4reezy

beans4reezy Well-Known Member

Thank you Toy! You ladies give me hope that this IS possible with hard work and dilgence.

11. Toy

Toy Well-Known Member

You are welcome u know it can be achieved.

12. Coco*Colada

Coco*Colada Well-Known Member

What was your starting length for growing your hair?It was always long MBL-WSL but i had to cut it Above ear (Boot camp Haircut)

2 1/2 -3 years

What was you regime as you grew your hair out? Washing 2 times a week. Deep Co once a week. I flat ironed once a week and had my mom trim every 3-4 sometimes 5 months.

What products did you use? I have branched out a bit but before i only used Frederic Fekkai Shea Butter Moisturizing Shampoo, Shea Butter Moisturizing Co , And the Shea Butter Hair Mask, Bedhead Ego Boost, Natural Coconut Oil, Burts Bee's Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo, EVOO.... there are so many others I can't begin to list I am a terrible product junkie :)

What styles did you wear? During this time my navy donut bun, down on the weekends, ponytails, single braid, french twists

Any other hair growing tips??? Try different things and see what works best for your hair and don't be afraid to spend a little on products. My experience was seeing what works for others doesn't always work for me (ie) trying lusters pink lotion for the first time and having HORRIBLE hair loss.

13. SpyCats

SpyCats Well-Known Member

Waistlength (stretched) :/ checking in.

14. msa

msa New Member

Here's a more recent (super long) thread: WL Names & Regimens

You all may want to post your WL regimens in there as well. And others may want to look.

15. LoveLongLocks

LoveLongLocks New Member

What was your starting length for growing your hair? shoulder length

2-3 years for thickness

Protective styling, moisturize, low to no manipulation, deep conditioning weekly, rare heat (every 3 months)

What products did you use? Gold Activator or cheap leave in conditioner, Infusium hair strengthner, hair gel lightly, Creme of Nature Shampoo - diluted, Cholesterol Deep conditioner, Pink lotion - straight style with flat iron, air dry
    What styles did you wear? individuals, flat iron, mostly natural wash and go

Any other hair growing tips??? Always condition hair...always! Seal ends, and comb it no more than one time in a day, and no more than one heating tool per week (flat iron, that's it...bun waves, braid outs, chopsticks, or wrap it)

16. hillytmj

hillytmj Well-Known Member

Congrats! Now that you reached WSL, are you still on a low mani reggie or do you still comb?

17. aa9746

aa9746 New Member

How often and for how long do you wear wigs??

18. LoveLongLocks

LoveLongLocks New Member

hillytmj
    Member Join Date: Jul 2008

Re: WAIST LENGTH HAIR Ladies!!! PLEASE Check In!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LoveLongLocks
    What was your starting length for growing your hair? shoulder length

2-3 years for thickness

Protective styling, moisturize, low to no manipulation, deep conditioning weekly, rare heat (every 3 months)

What products did you use? Gold Activator or cheap leave in conditioner, Infusium hair strengthner, hair gel lightly, Creme of Nature Shampoo - diluted, Cholesterol Deep conditioner, Pink lotion - straight style with flat iron, air dry
    What styles did you wear? individuals, flat iron, mostly natural wash and go

Any other hair growing tips??? Always condition hair...always! Seal ends, and comb it no more than one time in a day, and no more than one heating tool per week (flat iron, that's it...bun waves, braid outs, chopsticks, or wrap it)

Congrats! Now that you reached WSL, are you still on a low mani reggie or do you still comb?

- I am on low manipulation, I only comb if when necessary or cannot finger comb. This is especially true if it is curly due to tangles that can form.

19. Babygurl

Babygurl New Member

Its great to look back at this thread and see some of my very first hair idols! Adrienne0914 was the BEST!