Waist Length in 2009 Challenge

GoldenBreeze

Update on my hair length. I trimmed 2" off yesterday, so I'm no longer MBL, but BSL, now I'm not certain whether I'll make it to WL by the end of the year. After I trimmed, I realized that I did not need a trim after all, because there were only 2 split ends in the trimmed hair (yes I inspected each hair). I would never have done anything that intense before LHCF, and I won't be found inspecting trimmed hair again. That was crazy. :lachen::lachen: I had to know whether the thin ends were dammaged or leading growth. In the future, as long as I'm taking good care of my ends, I'll just inspect them while their on my head. S&D, and dustings are probably enough for me.

ETA:Well the MBL challenge is closed, so I can't go back. I'm here to stay for the year.

Last edited:

spinspinshuga

I know that diagram can be a bit confusing. It does not mean for you to pull your hair around to the front to touch you naval. It means for you to envision naval level on your back. You can wrap a string, or something, around your body from the point of your naval in front, and where the string hits on your back is WL. I don't know if I'm painting a clear picture or not, but if not please tell me and I give it another go. :yep:

ETA: I agree with marie170. Judging from your front hair length, you are already at waist.

Your explanation made perfect sense; thanks so much.
Hmm...well, I'll let you all be the judge. I just took some photos and opened my fotki. In some of the photos I wrapped a belt around my waist at my navel, and it looks like I only have a bit to go. However, I want to be FULL waist length; no stretching, pulling, or anything like that. May I still join?

BeautifulFlower

I want to post my 2009 starting point, BSB or top of BSL:

I am hoping for WSL by Dec 31, 2009 or sooner.

*Frisky*

Hmm...well, I'll let you all be the judge. I just took some photos and opened my fotki. In some of the photos I wrapped a belt around my waist at my navel, and it looks like I only have a bit to go. However, I want to be FULL waist length; no stretching, pulling, or anything like that. May I still join?

I think you still have a an inch or so to go to reach the tape but of course you can join. I want to be Full WL too. There is a full WL challenge thread for 2009 as well.

cupcakes

I forgot i joined this challenge lol. Im still going strong with my usual regimen. WL seems close by ..I cant wait

GoldenBreeze

Absolutely, if you wish! We would be glad to have you. Although, I agree with marie170, the Full WL in 2009 challenge may be a better choice for you.

MissMusic

I made my first goal from when I joined this challenge which was MBL, and I still hope to make Waistlength by July which is 3 inches. Then I'll maintain for full WL.

cheeks87

Got a touchup a week ago but am way too lazy to take & upload pics. My longest strands are like 1 inch away. So...2 inches til WSL?

I'm aiming for May.

BiRacialBarbie

Im late :perplexed but i still want to do this. Right now i am < 1 inch from BSL when pulled straight/flat ironed. I would LOVE :spinning: to be MBL when curly/WSL when flat ironed.

So... count me in. I will post pics soon, probably this week.

GoldenBreeze

I'm pretty certain that I will not make WL this year, and the pics will show why (I thought I trimmed barely 2" and it was a little more than 3":nono:). Maybe I'll make it by the end of 2010. If I get some kind a magical growth spurt I'll post pics at the end of the year, If not HHG to all my girls. :grin::grin: I do plan to pop in here and check out your progress from time to time.

Last edited:

*Muffin*

Sorry ladies, but I'm going to withdraw out of this one. I've decided that I want to focus more on the health and appearance of my hair, which may require me to do some trimming in the future, so I don't want to worry about meeting deadlines I may or may not reach. But I wish you all the best on your journies and happy growing :yep:.

Kutie85

I want to join! I'm 5'6 so would waistlength be about 30 inches long for me?

Starting Pic

Last edited:

CurlyMoo

OMG! I actually did join this challenge. :lachen:

Well I was certainly hopeful. Here is an update and now that I am ahead of schedule I will add a pix. I am so confident this year.:yep:

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Am I too late to join this challenge? This has been a personal goal of mine for a while. Here is my starting picture from midFeb 2009

HollyGolightly1982

I was at midback but i cut my hair to a little past APL in January. I am currently at BSB so I doubt I will make it to full WL by 12/31. I am still going to try though

GoldenBreeze

I was at midback but i cut my hair to a little past APL in January. I am currently at BSB so I doubt I will make it to full WL by 12/31. I am still going to try though

We are in the same boat. I didn't intend to cut so much, but I went a little OCD with the scissors. :) Well, at least we'll be nice full MBL or more the end of the year.

I'm SCRAPING......SCRAPING waistlength ya'll!!! Hopefully by May i will be there!!

Congrats. SCRAP on then!:grin:

Last edited:

cheeks87

This thread is DEAD y'all. We need updates!:yep:

I'm 3 months into an involuntary 4 month stretch (long story :look:) but it actually hasn't been bad. My newgrowth is behaving really well. *knocks on wood*
Anywho, I'm excited about finally getting a touchup soon cuz judging by the length of my wet hair, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be waist-length if not a little past it.:crossfingers:

If so, I will be like this::meme:

*Michelle*

Is there more than one Waistlength challenge thread? I'm not sure if I joined one yet...

LOL...me either!

I'd like to join this...maybe if I make a commitment I won't cut my hair :wallbash: I need to make a measuring shirt then take a pic of my starting goal. I think I have about five inches to go.

Last edited:

hillytmj

LOL...me either!

I'd like to join this...maybe if I make a commitment I won't cut my hair :wallbash: I need to make a measuring shirt then take a pic of my starting goal. I think I have about five inches to go.

Me too, girlfriend. I'm hanging in there as well.

LynnieB

Is there more than one Waistlength challenge thread? I'm not sure if I joined one yet...

I *think* there was another one (older one). I *think* I joined that one way back whenever but not this one.

It's hard keeping up with these threads sometimes :ohwell::grin:

1Aleeesha

Okay. I think I want to join:lachen:... I'm serious this time, count me in... My shears are broken and I don't plan to buy anymore...Therefore I don't have any excuses not to be WL by Dec. 31, 2009 at 11:59pm. :lachen:

ETA: Hubby measured for me I'm about 4.5 inches from WL.

ETAA: If the hair grows at an average of .5 inches a month if you don't cut and everyone gets at least 1 growth spurt a year... We all can be there if you are in the 4-6 inches needed range.

Last edited:

Eisani

I just snipped the ends of my twists-again :ohwell: I'm also getting my relaxed ends cut off so Ioknow if WL will be in the cards for me by Dec. I may straighten again to see where I am because last time I measured, I was soooo close but that was before this last scissor escapade :dizzy:

MAMATO

Update: I think I am about 4 inches from WL, so probably I won't make by the end of December :( But I'll keep hanging, you never know LOL

1Aleeesha

Update: I think I am about 4 inches from WL, so probably I won't make by the end of December :( But I'll keep hanging, you never know LOL

You know what I think that you will unless your hair grows below average rate... I think you will make it... On average we go grow .5 inch per month... Almost EVERYONE gets at least 1 growth spurt in a year.:yep: I think you will...

I'm 4.5 in. away from WL right now and I'm sure:grin:

wheezy807

I dunno.:perplexed I was just thinkin' by December i'll probably be MBL. It's april and i have about 4 more inches of growth to come for this year. I get my retouch the second week of May so i'll try to measure accordingly.