Waist Length in 2010

CurlyMoo

After detangling two severve matting sessions this year, I'm twisting my way to waistlength. My hair is so thick and in great shape right now. However, my maxiglide stopped working on me for some reason so I won't be able to do offical length checks like I wanted to.

crazydaze911

Im trying to stay hopeful but i havent retained anything in 1 year (last week made it official)... i wear my hair in a bun everyday, deep condition, etc, etc... i just think i may have reached terminal b/c im a very slow grower (3 inches a year, and if i trim, even less) so perhaps my growth cycle is short as well...at least i made it to full BSL/almost MBL.... still have 3 more months so i'll be checking in here to see how you guys are doing :curtain:

mEmYSELFaNDj

Did my dc reggie with steam and BTR on sunday. And yesterday i just felt like wetting my hair. So while I was in the shower i just rinsed my hair (that was in a braided bun) with water and smoothed on some conditioner(tresemme naturals, 1st time trying it, I like it). Left it in for a few minutes and then rinsed(i didnt rinse it completely out). Added my leave-ins and sealed with coconut oil and JBCO to my edges. I dediced to try and full head baggy. I never really did that before. it definitely kept my hair moist, maybe too moist my bunned hair is still dripping a little bit. lol I have to keep wiping my neck. IDK if I will be doing that again. hahaha

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Hello ladies! Glad to be able to get back on tonight. All the down time is frustrating. Ah well. Glad to be back.

So I'm happy to finally be getting the hang of dealing with this texlaxed hair, using the right conditioners to detangle and lay it down. I think I can handle it from here on out. And my relaxed ends are well moisturized and behaving well too....finally! My next texlax touch up is scheduled for the end of this month. I'll probably do an official length check at that time. In the meantime, I did an unofficial length check with pics and am definitely claiming mbl and on target for wl by the end of the year. Maybe all the frustration will be worth it after all.

Today I did a nettle tea rinse, silk infusion treatment, DC w/silicon mix (bambu), detangled (thank God), left conditioner on my texlaxed/ng section, did my regular leave ins on the relaxed ends and sealed. My hair is tamed and feels great. I'm a happy camper again. :spinning: I bunned today but am HMY with phonytails and 3/4 wigs (did I say that already in this thread?). All's well.

LaFemmeNaturelle

What's a 3/4 wig? Could you post a pic next time you wear one? I think I have a 1/4 wig lol either that or my head is too big to fit it so I had to be creative when I wore it last night. Thinking about giving it away tho

NJoy

Here I grow again!
It's a wig that doesn't cover the entire head. You leave some of your own hair out in the front and blend it in with the wig so that you have your own natural hairline.

Here's a wavy one that I bought, thinking I could do a braidout in the front to blend. But in the pics following, I just bought it and added a scarf, leaving my texlaxed hair exposed but not out.

I have a baggied bun going on beneath the wig. :grin:

Maybe your 1/4 wig is really a phonytail. Pull the string, girl! :grin:

NJoy that wig looks good on you! I really like it!

My updat
Had another setback but I still may be able to make WL by the December. I got rid of all the single strand knots in my hair and will be taking extra care of my ends. I too am twisting it up until December.

Lucia

When you do a full head baggie your hair should have products and br only slightly damp not wet out of the shower then what you had happens also I poke small holes at the top of my baggie where the crown is so some air does get in and I don't end up with fully soaking wet hair hth

LaFemmeNaturelle

I'm doing pretty good. Wearing buns everyday. I think I may have to flat iron sooner than Christmas because my aunt bought me a flat iron and wants me to try it before the receipt expires. Hopefully I can wait until thnksgiving. I need about 1.5 inches to waistlength and I'm trying to retain these last 1.5 inches of the year. But I know I will probably have to trim after I straighten..... Idk we'll see but i am enjoying my buns for the time being. I've also decided to baggyy ends in between washes. I started last night and so far so good!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Sheesh. I'll be glad when this year is over so that I can start cutting these bonelaxed ends and phasing out these layers. That's my whole goal for next year. I plan to keep it cut at an unstretched mbl while it grows out. I'm finally getting the hang of handling the texlaxed hair and ng. Does that mean I'll go totally natural? Whoa Nellie! Gotta crawl before I walk.

belldandy

Hey guys!

I have update pics in my fotki, sadly I am tilting my head forward so i have to have my sis retake them. I am going to make wl this year I believe, if i consistently baggy and use growth aid.

bigbrowneyez

Hey ladies, it's been a min since I've posted in this thread! I just wanted to give a quick update. I'm still working on achieving MBL by years end, but I'm confident that's possible. However, I don't think i'll be WL until 2011 due to two major trims this year. Everyone here is such an inspiration! Can't wait to see yall's reveals!
I relaxed on Sept 15 after 12 weeks. I'm still at full bsl-my bra is so low lol (update in siggy). I also just made a fotki! password is in my profile :-D.

Mz.MoMo5235

OH NO!!! i forgot to post in here too!!! sorry guys :( lol

so here's the best of an update i can do... i'm super tired and my photographer/brother was not very cooperative lol

again, i dont see a difference in length so i assume its from all the recovering i'm doing from all the crap i tried lmao

this pic is for a special someone who is a lurker but never posts... yes, i read your pm and this is my reply

Casarela

Im an inch and a half away more or less. I plan on stretching till I cant take it no more.

wash and DC as needed when my hair is Dirty. I DC whenever I feel my hair is dry.
I braid my hair in two sections and let it air dry.
I apply a leave in and seal with a thick serum.

And thats it!

I really need to tie my hair at night ive been slacking off for quite a while ...
Its growing strong!!!!!!!!!!

Less is MORE ...thats one thing that makes a huge difference.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
belldandy, I've been avoiding fotki like the plague. But I finally decided to check some fotkis and checked out your update. Looking good, mama! I didn't want you to think I skipped over you. And I did see your youtube update and think I commented. Your hair is looking so thick and healthy. KUTGW!!

SmilingElephant, Your hair looks great and the eye makeup is SO creative. You go, girl!

Dee Raven

So even though I dropped out of this challenge earlier this year after having the salon cut off half a years worth of growth :wallbash: I just wanted to update you guys that 6 months later, just like MzMoMo predicted, I'm back in business. Patience is apparently a virtue. I hope to be like an inch below wsl by the end of this year.

In the pictures you see Pic 1: length update from Feb 2010, Pic 2: disastrous (but cute, I can't lie) cut from Mar 2010 and Pic 3: length update from Sep 2010.

Attachments

• sep 2010 update.jpg
    sep 2010 update.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 65
  • skimming wsl 2010.jpg
    skimming wsl 2010.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 62
  • after cut 2010.jpg
    after cut 2010.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 65

NJoy

Here I grow again!
So even though I dropped out of this challenge earlier this year after having the salon cut off half a years worth of growth :wallbash: I just wanted to update you guys that 6 months later, just like MzMoMo predicted, I'm back in business. Patience is apparently a virtue. I hope to be like an inch below wsl by the end of this year.

In the pictures you see Pic 1: length update from Feb 2010, Pic 2: disastrous (but cute, I can't lie) cut from Mar 2010 and Pic 3: length update from Sep 2010.

Well done! :yay: That's awesome progress and, you're right, your cut in March was fabulous!! Your hair and progress are beautiful. Congrats!!!!

mEmYSELFaNDj

Dee Raven Your progress is amazing. Girl back in the game, what you talking bout? You won the game, you're WL now. Congrats, for reaching WL again. And you will definitely get to your goal of an inch below WL. Whats your reggie?

Mz.MoMo5235

i told you!!!! and i agree... you are wl NOW! claim it girl!!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!!

YOU MADE IT! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You give me hope b/c I cut around the same length in June, so hopefully December I will make WL!!!

Dee Raven

Dee Raven Your progress is amazing. Girl back in the game, what you talking bout? You won the game, you're WL now. Congrats, for reaching WL again. And you will definitely get to your goal of an inch below WL. Whats your reggie?

My reggie is super simple. I wear twists, I redo them once a week. I wash with Nexxus Therappe or Nioxin #5, condition with Humectress, Kerasilk or Nioxin #5. I keep the conditioner in for a couple of hours before I wash it out. Then when I'm re-twisting I use a little humectress and olive oil. Can't get simpler than that.

lane

Great job Dee Raven! Ladies all of you are looking like December will be a great month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucia

WOW Impressive growth
If your hair can grow that fast in 6 months imagine where you'll be 6 months from now
Just beautiful HHG