Wake Up

blazingthru

The scenario is clear. In the last days, the entire world will be squeezed between the two cosmic forces. There will be no neutral ground, no demilitarized zone. Everyone will have to make a decision whom they will serve and worship.

The Battle Over Worship

This last conflict over worship is actually the grand finale to a long drama that began in heaven before man was even created. The author of rebellion inaugurated this “creature versus Creator” war when he coveted the Creator’s throne. Lucifer, a created angel, decided his superior beauty and intelligence qualified him to better rule the universe than his Creator. “How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, . . . For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High” (Isaiah 14:12-14). Working with stealthy deceit, he launched his campaign for the affections of the angels and was successful in attracting one-third of them (Revelation 12:4-9). Demanding the adoration due only the Creator, these created angels tried to bully their way onto God’s throne. This forced God to take drastic measures. Revelation 12:7 records, “There was war in heaven.” To protect the existence of the universe, God forcibly removed Satan and his angels from heaven.

But this was only the beginning of Satan’s campaign for worship that would last thousands of years and cost millions of lives. Cast to earth, Satan next solicited Adam and Eve’s worship and service. And it is by understanding our first parents’ test over worship that we learn how to keep from worshiping the beast in the last days.

Why did Eve eat the fruit of the forbidden tree? Simply because she lacked trust in God. She trusted the serpent’s word more than her Creator’s. Adam also distrusted God, but unlike Eve, he was not deceived _(1 Timothy 2:14). Adam’s decision to eat the forbidden fruit was a conscious, deliberate choice. He couldn’t dream of life without Eve. Worse yet, he didn’t trust God to come up with an acceptable solution to deal with Eve’s disobedience that would leave him happy throughout eternity.

Our first parents’ distrust led them to disobey. And their disobedience became an act of worship of the serpent. You see, worship and obedience are synonymous. “To whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey” (Romans 6:16). When tempted by the devil to bow down and worship him, Jesus revealed that the act of worship is married to service and obedience. “Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and Him only shalt thou serve” (Matthew 4:10).

When Adam and Eve trusted the lies of the serpent above the command of God, they entered into creature worship. They truly worshiped the beast. The last conflict in the world merely brings man full circle to retake Adam and Eve’s first test. Will we obey and worship the beast or obey and worship the Creator? Both the first and last tests of this world’s history contain the same elements: the serpent and his lies, worship, obedience versus disobedience, and the penalty of expulsion from the kingdom of God. Mankind’s path back to the tree of life ultimately retraces the steps of our first parents and passes through the corridor of the same test: will we trust God enough to obey Him? Only those who trustingly obey God will enter the pearly gates. “Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city” (Revelation 22:14).

Adam and Eve’s worship of the beast laid the foundation for all false worship. Examine any false religion and you will find it is based upon distrust and disobedience of God. Paul makes this point in Romans 1:21-25, NKJV: “Although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were they thankful, but . . . exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator.” Whenever we know a Bible truth and refuse to obey it out of thankful hearts, we worship the creature instead of the Creator. We have put our own opinion and feelings above the revealed will of our Creator God.

blazingthru

Secular Humanism

The age in which we live has normalized this false religion of self-worship. We even have a name for it—humanism. Thousands of years ago, God predicted this humanistic movement. It is symbolized in prophecy both as the king of the south (Daniel 11:40) and as the beast from the bottomless pit (Revelation 11:7-10). When the French Revolution fulfilled this prophecy it deified man’s reason and established the foundation for the pseudo religion of secular humanism. The belief that man’s reason is sufficient to answer life’s most profound questions and needs, and that there is no God or moral absolutes, forms humanism’s axis. This belief system has largely controlled the affairs of man from the 1790s to the present day. According to Revelation 11:8, it has two key characteristics—Egypt’s atheistic unbelief in the true God, and Sodom’s immorality.

Secular humanism’s atheism and immorality have gained a strong position in the United States. Humanism also controls most of America’s government programs, institutions of higher learning, the training of grade-school children in public schools, the homosexual movement, etc. Consequently, America is now reaping the same whirlwind of degradation that France did in the wake of its Revolution. For lack of moral fiber, the United States is unraveling at the seams.

The current epidemic of homosexuality, adultery, crime, and other debasing actions should not surprise us. The Bible states this as the inevitable result of exalting man’s reasoning above God’s truth. “And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, . . . without natural affection, . . . Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but also have pleasure in them that do them” (Romans 1:28-32).

Religious Humanism

Neither has the Christian church escaped the permeating influence of humanism. The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), in its document “Human Sexuality and the Christian Faith” (December 1991), challenges its members to evaluate prejudices against homosexuals, insisting that “what we personally find offensive is not necessarily sinful.” Furthermore, it says, “We must distinguish between moral judgments regarding same-sex activity in biblical times and in our own time.”

The task force formed to make this document said upon release of the 1993 edition, entitled “The Church and Human Sexuality: A Lutheran Perspective” (October 1993), that “it recognizes that many Lutherans take literally the biblical condemnations of homosexuality . . . But the task force urges Lutherans to challenge such attitudes. It argues that ‘responsible biblical interpretation’ strongly supports the acceptance and even blessing of same sex unions and emphasizes what it says is the preeminent biblical command—to ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’” 1

The United Methodist Church has also had panels convene to decide whether homosexuality is a sin. Though the proposals to loosen church strictures on homosexuality were rejected, the 1991 panel did agree that biblical references to sexual practices should not be viewed as binding “just because they are in the Bible.” 2

The church that has probably departed furthest from God’s Word on this topic is the United Church of Christ. It allows homosexuals to be ordained to ministry. 3

This issue is only one among many for which churches are placing their own reasoning above God’s commands. Although they have many sincere and dedicated members, these church organizations are as guilty of humanism as are the secularists. They are simply following “religious humanism” instead of “secular humanism.” Unfortunately, people who continue to support humanism under the guise of Christianity will be part of that group who will say to Jesus in the judgment, “Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?” Sadly, Jesus will say to them, “Depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.” They will learn too late that religious humanism is insufficient to save the soul. “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven” (Matthew 7:21).

blazingthru

Another area in which the Church has unashamedly followed humanistic principles is in the choice of Sunday as a day of worship. The Bible clearly says that the seventh-day Sabbath, Saturday, is the day upon which God’s people are to gather for weekly worship and rest from their work. Interestingly, the Catholic Church says that Saturday is the true biblical Sabbath and that Sunday worship is based not upon God’s Word, but upon the traditions of men. In his book Plain Talk About the Protestantism of Today, Monsignor Segur admits Sunday-keeping “not only has no foundation in the Bible, but is in flagrant contradiction with its letter, which commands rest on the Sabbath, which is Saturday.” 4 Other Catholic writers concur. “The word, ‘Sabbath,’ means rest, and is Saturday, the seventh day of the week. Why, then, do Christians observe Sunday instead of the day mentioned in the Bible?. . . the infant Church changed the day to be kept holy from Saturday to Sunday . . . it rests upon the authority of the Catholic Church and not upon an explicit text in the Bible.” 5 “We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the Catholic Church transferred the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday.” 6

Of course, non-Catholics have their own reasons for keeping Sunday. But the facts of history and Scripture are stubborn things. They unquestionably testify to the accuracy of what these Catholic authors assert. The Catholic Church did change the day of worship, and the Bible doesn’t authorize it. With all due respect to Sunday-keepers churches and pastors who spin fine-sounding arguments for why the fourth commandment doesn’t need to be obeyed are following faulty reasoning as flimsy as spiders’ webs. All reasons for disobedience which man can amass have one thing in common. They are founded upon humanism. They place the reasoning of men above God’s plain commands.

The Humanistic Little Horn

God wants us to flee from humanism. Repeatedly, He has warned us against its deadly influence and shown how it would infiltrate the church. Using the symbol of a little horn in Daniel chapter 7, God predicted the Antichrist would be humanistic. “I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, . . . and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things” (Daniel 7:8). Notice that it is not the eyes of the Spirit that are on this little horn, but “the eyes of man.” Here we see that Antichrist lacks true spiritual discernment and sees life only through human eyes.

His criterion for truth is “What do I think?” instead of “What does God command?” This is anti-Christian. Jesus taught that our will is to be held in subjection to God’s will. He prayed to His Father, “Not as I will, but as Thou wilt” (Matthew 26:39).

Christians seek to look at things from God’s vantage point (2 Corinthians 4:18). They do not base their decisions purely upon earthly considerations, but rather upon the eternal foundation of God’s truth and sovereign will. Christians ask only two questions—“What is God’s truth?” and “What are His promises?” Then they obey the one while claiming the other.

Because the Antichrist looks at things through humanistic eyes, he is led to some fearfully bold actions. He makes declarations that are counter to God’s truth. “And he shall speak great words against the most High . . . and think to change times and laws” _(Daniel 7:25). The ultimate expression of his humanism is to make people think God’s law has been changed.

He has especially attacked those laws which exalt God as Creator—laws such as the second and fourth commandments. The second commandment forbids the making of graven images and bowing down to them. The devil’s age-old war against the Creator has used the little horn to target this commandment. During the Middle Ages, the papal church compromised the second commandment and introduced graven images into Christendom. Today, Catholic catechisms omit the Bible’s second commandment, thus turning people away from their Creator.

Another law that has been “changed” by the little horn is the fourth commandment, which also exalts God as Creator. It establishes a weekly memorial to the Creator by commanding worship and rest from secular pursuits on the seventh-day Sabbath, Saturday. As we’ve already seen, the papacy readily admits it initiated this bold act. Amazingly, the papacy has been very successful in accomplishing the objective of making people think times and laws have been changed. Much of the Christian world has accepted the change of the seventh-day Sabbath to the first day of the week, Sunday. The apostle Paul also understood the humanistic foundation of the Antichrist—“Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day [the second coming] shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshiped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.” (2 Thessalonians 2:3, 4).

The man of sin, the Antichrist, assumes God’s place over the church. He declares himself to be God and that he has the power to institute doctrine, even if it is contrary to the Bible. This again is humanism—humans setting themselves up as a higher authority than God.

God’s True Believers

Fortunately, God still has people in all churches who trust their lives implicitly to Him in obedience. In fact, He has a message tailor-made to warn everyone of these compromises of truth and attacks against His Creatorship. This warning, known as the three angels’ messages, is found in Revelation 14:6-12.

The first angel’s message commands people to worship God as the Maker of “heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters” (Verse 7). God wants people to reverse the compromises of the Middle Ages. He wants us to obey all His commandments—especially those that honor Him as Creator. But obedience cannot come from our own strength. It must be rooted in faith in Jesus.

blazingthru

Let’s face it—Saturday is one of the busiest days of the week. Consequently, it takes a special faith relationship with God to obey Him and keep it holy. Because true obedience can be accomplished only through faith in Jesus, the three angels’ messages are called the “everlasting gospel” (Verse 6).

This threefold message calls all to be righteous by faith. Righteousness simply means “right doing”—doing what God has commanded. This righteousness must come from Christ through faith. And faith is an active ingredient. Faith works. “But wilt thou know 0 vain man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?” (James 2:20-22).

Faith works by love. “For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love” (Galatians 5:6). What God really wants to produce in response to the everlasting gospel of the three angels of Revelation 14 is righteous people who have learned to love and obey Him. The love of God must shape their lives and become the controlling influence in all of their decisions. They will obey God as Creator because they know He loves them and is worthy of their worship and obedience.

This experience of righteousness by faith is what God requires in this hour of earth’s history—the judgment hour. The first angel’s message announces, “Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.” Revelation 14:7. We live in this judgment hour that was prophesied to take place right before Jesus returns.

Notice that God wants us to worship Him as Creator during the judgment hour. Just what does this mean in a practical, everyday sense? Peter makes the answer obvious. “For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God . . . Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator” _(1 Peter 4:17-19).

The experience God wants His people to have in the judgment hour is one of truly trusting Him as Creator and committing themselves to Him by doing His will. He wants them to be convinced of His faithfulness and to obey Him based on this conviction. Such persons God calls “saints” in Revelation 14:12: “Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.” God’s saints have learned by experience that He keeps His promises. They’ve learned that He loves them unconditionally. He accepts them where hey are and gives them His power for victory and obedience. God’s saints have settled into the truth that God is a faithful Creator.

Just how might we demonstrate such faith and trust? In everyday life, we are all faced with choices where we understand God’ s will but are tempted to do the opposite. Let me illustrate in very practical terms how a person might reveal a lack of faith and trust. Let’s say a person is offered a job doing something that is not in harmony with Christian standards. Under temptation, he reasons: “I need a job, and this one is available. Should I take it? If I don’t, my bills won’t get paid. My house may be repossessed. It will put undue strain on my marriage if I’m unemployed. I can’t make it without this job.”

This type of thinking doesn’t factor the Almighty God into the equation. It focuses on the problem instead of God. Like Elisha’s servant, it sees only the enemy and not God’s host of angels who are all around, ready to help and deliver (2 Kings 6:8-17).

Unfortunately, many of us are tempted to make the same mistake. Even though we worship God on the weekend, we live according to the dictates of our own reasoning during the week.

Here is a point that is often stumbled over in this humanistic age—it is never acceptable to compromise truth. Why? Because compromise means we don’t believe God is adequate to take care of us. It means we think He is untrustworthy. What a statement we make about what we think of God when we compromise His truth!

God is calling for a different order of things. We must remember that He will provide a way for us to obey if we wait patiently for Him. With faith, even when we are severely tested we will be able to say: “I will wait upon my God to provide a way whereby I can obey Him. In the meantime, I will not compromise truth.”

Can our Creator provide jobs for the unemployed that will not require them to compromise truth? Can He provide a Christian companion for the single? Can He heal damaged marriages and relationships? Yes! Our Creator is not limited. He is infinite in power and resources. But sadly, all too often we limit Him. We are impatient. We do not wait upon the Lord to provide His solution in His own time. In some situations, His solution may not become tangible until Jesus comes. But the person with real faith in God’s infinite goodness can be satisfied even with this.

The Seal of God

This brings us to a crucial point that is absolutely vital for all who desire to avoid worshiping the beast to understand. The question of who will worship the beast is not simply a future issue. Daily we make decisions based upon whether or not we trust and obey God as our Creator. The cumulative effect of these decisions forms our characters. And the final conflict between the beast and God will reveal what character we have developed.

Did you catch this all-important point? It is so very practical and vital that I want you to fix it firmly in mind. Daily we make decisions based upon whether or not we trust and obey God as our Creator. The cumulative effect of these decisions forms our characters. And the final conflict between the beast and God will reveal what character we have developed. This is what the seal of God and the mark of the beast are all about.

The mark that we receive in the last days, whether it be God’s seal or the beast’s mark, will be the outward evidence of the type of inner character we have chosen to develop. Those who receive the seal of God have “set to their seal that God is true” and trustworthy _(John 3:33). They’ve learned to trust God as their Creator and Ruler in the little things of everyday life. Therefore, they are ready to face the larger tests of life. On the other hand, those who receive the mark of the beast _have lived lives of self-sufficiency and disobedience. Day by day they have brushed aside the still, small voice of God’s convicting Spirit as inconsequential. Little did they realize they were forming their ultimate destiny by choosing to disobey what they considered at the time to be “little things.” Because they have followed the beast’s principles of self-sufficiency it will be an easy matter for them to receive the mark of the beast.

blazingthru

Make no mistake about it. We are now living in the time when our daily decisions are no small matter. We all have a date with destiny when we will reap the character our choices have sown. Right now we all need to set ourselves on a path to consciously and deliberately settle into the truth that God is love and can be obeyed. If we neglect to gain this experience, we will find ourselves worshiping the beast along with most of the world.

The ultimate end-time expression of our having been sealed with God’s seal or marked with the character of the beast will be manifested in whether or not we keep God’s seventh-day Sabbath. The devil has especially contended with God’s Sabbath because it proclaims God’s rights and authority as Creator. Therefore, the Sabbath will become the visible line of demarcation between those who take God at His word and those who follow humanism to rationalize into oblivion God’s claims upon their lives.

Sabbath-keepers Forsake God?

Unfortunately, even among God’s current commandment-keeping people are those who will ultimately forsake the God of the true Sabbath that they now observe. How can this be? It will happen because they’ve not made God the Ruler of their entire life. Yes, they currently keep the Sabbath. But there is more to honoring God as Creator than simply going to church on the proper day. Those who live for self, whether they attend church on the Sabbath or not, will eventually find themselves opposed to the Sabbath when world conditions heat to a boiling point and bring them to the very last moments of time.

The large majority who will forsake God’s commandment-keeping remnant in the last days won’t come to this point overnight. They will have followed their self-will down this path for some time. Are some being deceived right now to think that since they know the objective truths of the gospel, the Sabbath, the sanctuary, and of man’s nature in death, etc., that this is going to be sufficient to save them? It certainly will not be if at the same time they are imbibing anger, bitterness, jealousy, or disobeying God in something that He has revealed to them. What is truly humbling is that we all are prone to make this fatal mistake. How important it is that we seek the Lord with all our hearts for His mercy and grace to give us a supreme love for Him and a faith which will obey implicitly!

Right now, we live in a time conducive to following God in all things. Relative peace and security still are ours. Revelation 7:1-4 says that this time of peace is for the sealing of God’s people. As we’ve already seen, the seal has everything to do with whether we trust and obey God by faith. Now is our day of opportunity to settle into the truth that God is trustworthy. We can obey Him, and He will take care of us. Each day God is giving us opportunities to develop godly character. But, eventually, the winds will blow. The time of trouble, such as no man has ever seen, will arrive. Then we will reveal character—not develop it. Let us praise God for the daily test and trials that try our patience and faith in God. These are the greatest blessings He can send us when we consider what He is preparing us to face. Never resent God’s providences. Seek Him with your whole heart and walk in faithful obedience, no matter how trying the circumstance. Remember that the journey from following God to following the beast takes more than just one step. Slowly and almost imperceptibly is this road traveled. Nearly everyone would balk at the suggestion that he or she might someday worship the beast. But in the end, many will find it an automatic response to worship the beast. It will be the inevitable fruit of their cumulative daily choices.

On which side will we be in the end? Will we worship the beast or the Creator? The answer depends upon the daily decisions we make regarding the place of God in our life. Today is the day to commit 100 percent to Jesus and to gain, through obedience, an experience in trusting Him as Creator. Will we worship the beast or the Creator? It’s our choice. Today.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
About the Sabbath, below is a subset of scriptures from Colossians chapter 2. What do versus 16 and 17 mean, @blazingthru? I was always taught that I am released from observing the Sabbath. There are many Old Testament observations that New Testament christians do not keep, yes?

Here is how it was explained to me about why New Testament christians observe the first and not the seventh day of the week: http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/rhodes-sabbath.html

Now, will something happen if everyone all of a sudden starts worshiping on Saturday, do you feel? Thanks in advance!

Colossians 2:

16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

18 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind.

19 They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.

20 Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules:

21 “Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”?

22 These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings.

23 Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
And you say you feel you need to apologize....wow. You continuously insult us with this cut 'n paste. If I had known you were baiting us in here to demonize the Catholic faith, I wouldn't have stopped in. And I was open to other's interpretations of what we're all experiencing. I thought you were talking about Trump, not the Vicar of Christ. What other role is he to have but to represent Christ on earth? SMH. Be upfront, don't bait and then switch. Jesus is not a Whore, neither is His Mother, Mary, and neither is His baby, the Church. Imagine, Jesus the Messiah, referred to as Babylon. This is beyond ridiculous. Yes, I edited, but know this, faith is a grace and a gift. Some have it, some don't. Without it, who on earth would believe Jesus is G-d who died on a tree and then rose again in 3 days and is the intermediator between us and heaven? I know where I am because of that faith, not "what they teach you." No, it is what JESUS has taught me and revealed to me. You can have your beliefs all day long bug equating the destruction of the world to Catholicism and that we are conspiring to force you to do anything is just out of bounds, truly. I mean, you're persecuting the L-rd Himself.

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
About the Sabbath, below is a subset of scriptures from Colossians chapter 2. What do versus 16 and 17 mean, @blazingthru? I was always taught that I am released from observing the Sabbath. There are many Old Testament observations that New Testament christians do not keep, yes?

Here is how it was explained to me about why New Testament christians observe the first and not the seventh day of the week: http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/rhodes-sabbath.html

Now, will something happen if everyone all of a sudden starts worshiping on Saturday, do you feel? Thanks in advance!

Colossians 2:

16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

18 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind.

19 They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.

20 Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules:

21 “Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”?

22 These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings.

23 Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

What you have posted.... This is correct. :yep: You don't need any further confirmation or explanation. God has spoken through His word and you were able to post it for others to know the truth.

Be at peace. :love2:

blazingthru

Thanks, @blazingthru.

But, how do you know how long the current time (tip of the toes) will last? It could last another 100 . . . 200 . . . 1000 years, no?

Hi YvetteWithJoy, we have the prophecy to point us in the right direction. Everything has aligned up. We are now facing the Sunday Law Crisis, Church and State are uniting. We are seeing everything play out. This is lady Grace, she has a great way of explaining things.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hi YvetteWithJoy, we have the prophecy to point us in the right direction. Everything has aligned up. We are now facing the Sunday Law Crisis, Church and State are uniting. We are seeing everything play out. This is lady Grace, she has a great way of explaining things.

Thanks.

blazingthru

@YvetteWithJoy

This is not a popular teaching and as you can see I do not have much support or many friends here, though I have been here for a very long time. That's fine, doesn't change anything. you can read all the scriptures for yourself with prayer.

I apologize for taking so long to reply, Thank you for the question and the scripture. I do not come on as often. Great Question. The Sabbath day has never changed. it would have to be completely removed from the commandments and we have many, many warnings regarding that day and the Lord God saying if you love me keep my commandments. There is no mention in the entire bible of God doing away with the Sabbath.

It not an easy decision, I study hard because I didn't want to be a Sabbath keeper, I study and prayed an researched the scriptures and I could not find a change. I found preaching on the first day, breaking of bread on the first day. fellow shipping with one another and teaching, but in none of those did I find that the Sabbath was changed. You have to decide yourself what is true, I will share all that I know but in the end its your decision. It can't be because of me or anyone else you have to pray and be convicted in your own heart. As I was.

Col on 16-17
First I want to say, the difference between the 1st and 2nd testament is Jesus and the blood, for this portion, (There's more but for now this is where we will discuss,)we need both to understand. We do not follow the Levi Law because it pertains to the blood and Jesus death on the cross did away with a lot of those things including the Feast Days and the Sabbaths. Not the Sabbath Day. It can never change. it is in our Commandments it was sealed in the ARK it will be used to Judge you. (those Laws were not wasted Laws, we can use them in our lives, such as keeping things clean, and separating certain things from another.

There were two Laws, the Laws that Moses (Ceremonial) wrote and the Law that God (Moral) wrote with his finger. God calls his Law the Testimony. exodus 25:16 he tells Moses where his Law is to go. Its to go inside the Ark. he said to Moses to put the Law that Moses wrote beside the ark, which would be a pocket outside the ark. deut.31, 24-26. anything after a period of time that is left on the outside, well what happens to it. it dissolves after a time. they would follow the Law (it is Gods Law but Moses wrote it.) until the death of Jesus.

Col 2:14 the "Law of Moses" was against us, that is why it was outside of the Ark. The Commandments are not against us it is for our protection. Romans 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
The bible also tells us how long we would have to follow the Ceremonial Law Galatians 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

So lets talk about Col 16 and 17, the most interesting thing about the bible is actually reading each word. I am no expert nor a minister or Evangelist or anything like that. I was just lost and I found a diamond and I haven't stopped talking since.
Notice that scripture says Sabbath Days. Well the Feast Days were called Sabbath Days or High Sabbaths. There were Yearly Sabbaths as well. None of these refer to the 7th Day Sabbath. Remember the Sabbath was created at the beginning, before Sin entered the world, it could not be a shadow of things to come. It was already here. All the shadows were introduced because of sin and pointed forward to the deliverance from sin through Christ. But lets see what the bible is referring to.

Leviticus 23:24 (NKJV)
24 “Speak to the children of Israel, saying: ‘In the seventh month, on the first day of the month, you shall have a sabbath-rest, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, a holy convocation.
26And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 27Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD. 28And ye shall do no work in that same day: for it is a day of atonement, to make an atonement for you before the LORD your God.

There's more, these were shadows. These Feast days. Now many faiths still follow these Sabbath Feast Days, we do not becasue we know that they were nailed to the cross.

Lev 23: 37
These are the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, to offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD, a burnt offering, and a meat offering, a sacrifice, and drink offerings, every thing upon his day: 38 Beside the sabbaths of the LORD, and beside your gifts, and beside all your vows, and beside all your freewill offerings, which ye give unto the LORD.

We are responsible for keeping the Whole law, for if we offend or break one we are guilty of breaking them all.
James 2:10–12 (NKJV)
10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all. 11 For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law.
Why did Jesus come? “Thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins” (Matthew 1:21). Notice that Jesus came to save us from breaking the law, but “... if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous” (1 John 2:1). Here we have a picture of our High Priest, our Advocate, interceding with His own blood in the heavenly sanctuary before the Father’s throne in behalf of those who break His law. Where is the throne located? Over the ark of the covenant containing the law by which James says all “shall be judged.”
Revelation 11:19 (NKJV)
19 Then the temple of God was opened in heaven, and the ark of His covenant was seen in His temple. And there were lightnings, noises, thunderings, an earthquake, and great hail.

Hebrews 9:24 (NKJV)
24 For Christ has not entered the holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us;

What is amazing about God is he lays everything out before you, he keeps nothing back. The Sabbath really is a test. It was a test then its a test now to see who actually will follow him. Many cannot. its to different. The world isn't doing it. So why take a chance in being different. But there are those who will defy the world and obey God though it be strange and weird and different. You read of the past martyrs, they knew what they were facing and they went forward. Are we like that, God is calling us to be a separate people and not follow after everyone else, who is really strong enough to do it. time is very short.

Exodus 16:4 (NKJV)
4 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you. And the people shall go out and gather a certain quota every day, that I may test them, whether they will walk in My law or not.

So the Church has changed the Law, the Church is uniting with the State and the State will give her the power to make new Laws and persecution for those who do not obey her Laws. The word says it will be much worst then it ever was before. We as a people are not preparing because frankly there are to many people that cover their ear and do not wish a word to be spoken. They want to live life in tranquility when there is chaos heading rapidly towards them. What we are to do is study every day. The word says mediate on the Law day and night. We are to encourage one another. Lift one another up. Do whatever you can. but mainly build your faith, you do that with diligent studying and trusting in God.

The Sabbath has not changed it is still Saturday the 7th Day of the week, we are require to obey it, it was not nailed to the cross. It is still binding as it will be forever. Also in the new Testament it is mention more then the other 9 commandments.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Romans 7: 6
6 But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

@blazingthru, thanks for returning and taking the time to share.

You are right: Everyone must study and pray for clarity and make up their own minds.

I share the content below to share the OTHER side of this discussion, for those who might find it helpful, and not for the purpose of arguing with @blazingthru or ANYONE.

---------------------------------

I have studied this before and deeply. I believe that when you read Matthew, Romans, Galatians, and Hebrews, you come away understanding that we who are alive in Christ have DIED to the LAW.

Especially when you read Romans 6 and Hebrews, chapters 7-10 I believe, you come away understanding that we are not under the law and you come away with an understanding that with Christ came a NEW way -- a NEW testament.

These two web posts add to the discussion. The second post really goes into why it seems there are two ways to argue this.

Also, take a look at this passage, especially the words I put in red:

Romans 7:1-6 New International Version (NIV)

7 Do you not know, brothers and sisters—for I am speaking to those who know the law—that the law has authority over someone only as long as that person lives? 2 For example, by law a married woman is bound to her husband as long as he is alive, but if her husband dies, she is released from the law that binds her to him. 3 So then, if she has sexual relations with another man while her husband is still alive, she is called an adulteress. But if her husband dies, she is released from that law and is not an adulteress if she marries another man.

4 So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God. 5 For when we were in the realm of the flesh,[a] the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in us, so that we bore fruit for death. 6 But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

God said He was going to make a NEW covenant that would not be like the old one:

Jeremiah 31:31-33New International Version (NIV)

31 “The days are coming,” declares the Lord,
“when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah.

32 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,

because they broke my covenant,
though I was a husband to[a] them,
declares the Lord.

33 “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
after that time,” declares the Lord.
“I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.

Hebrews 8:6-13King James Version (KJV)

6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath... what does that mean to you, @Blazinthru?

You'll find it said in three 3 different occasions in the Scriptures... Matthew 12, when he was preaching in Galilee...In Mar 2:28, when Mark wrote “The Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath”and again, in Luke 6:6. This info is out there to read, though... if God made all things, certainly he made the Sabbath and man cannot and should not try to be lords over the Sabbath. The same goes for Sunday worship, no one is a 'heathen' if they don't attend service(s) on days other than Sunday.

blazingthru

Laela, Studying the Sabbath was hard for me, I admit that. It didn't take long for me to be convicted of its truth, the issue with me I see the world all worship on Sunday. Yes some faiths have their day, but the majority of the world worship on Sunday. So if the whole world is doing it then that means something isn't right. If everyone is doing It, well I am the odd ball I want to know why? Not at first my father is a Minister I raised to do it, but then I had a ton of questions. I am posting this website because I feel that it would be able to answer the multiple questions regarding the Sabbath.

http://www.sabbathtruth.com/

Here is a Prophecy Program that will be on for a few days. I think 10 not sure. Its started now.
http://www.prophecyencounter.com/watch/livestream

blazingthru

Romans 7: 6
6 But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.
This is referring to the Ceremonial Laws. The Law of God will never change and its written on our hearts. We know instinctively that we should not LIE, or STEAL or Kill. These Laws were not nailed to the cross. We must obey the Law, but obeying the Law is easier now because we love the lord and we understand what God has done for us that we want to follow the Law and teach others to. We also want to warn others of the danger of not following the Law. If it was not for the Law how would we know we are sinning. WE need the Law to show us our sins. No Law, No sin.
Psalm 119:11
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
WE need the word to prevent us from continuing in sin, Since sin is on its way out of here, we want to be on the side of the Lord not Satan. WE are under Grace, so we do not have to sacrifice an animal for our sins or be in danger of being killed for our sins, we repent while we still can and sin no more.

James 2:10 (NKJV)
10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.
This is the thing. This is a War, Satan is trying to prove that we do not want or need the Law of God.
God has given us everything we need. But he has also made it possible for us to choose, however, we must chose carefully. Sin will exist no longer or those who practice in it.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
This is referring to the Ceremonial Laws. The Law of God will never change and its written on our hearts. We know instinctively that we should not LIE, or STEAL or Kill. These Laws were not nailed to the cross. We must obey the Law, but obeying the Law is easier now because we love the lord and we understand what God has done for us that we want to follow the Law and teach others to. We also want to warn others of the danger of not following the Law. If it was not for the Law how would we know we are sinning. WE need the Law to show us our sins. No Law, No sin.
Psalm 119:11
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
WE need the word to prevent us from continuing in sin, Since sin is on its way out of here, we want to be on the side of the Lord not Satan. WE are under Grace, so we do not have to sacrifice an animal for our sins or be in danger of being killed for our sins, we repent while we still can and sin no more.

James 2:10 (NKJV)
10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.
This is the thing. This is a War, Satan is trying to prove that we do not want or need the Law of God.
God has given us everything we need. But he has also made it possible for us to choose, however, we must chose carefully. Sin will exist no longer or those who practice in it.

Thanks. James 2:10 proves my point: No one should try to keep the law. Because if you stumble in just one point, then you are guilty of the whole thing. See scriptures below that say this VERY thing: Don't fall into trying to keep LAWS: We are free from such yoke of bondage, justified an entirely different way--by faith.

However, I will look into law TYPES and get back to you. :smile:

In the meanwhile:
What about Hebrews that says the Old Testament (covenant) has passed away, and the we are under a new covenant?

Galatians 5 King James Version (KJV)
5 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?

8 This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you.

9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

10 I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.

11 And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased.

12 I would they were even cut off which trouble you.

13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

blazingthru

Yes,we are under Grace. There were folks who were sharing their faith in the Church but demanding that new comers obey the old Laws. The Laws that were nailed to the cross. When you love its easy to follow the Law. There is no real thought its automatic. I love my neighbors so I won't do harm to them or their property. I love my parents so I will honor them. I love my spouse so I would never cheat on him/her. I love the Lord and its to him I give all of my allegiance. I would willingly obey him, because of Love.

The Law of the Old Covenant was a series of Rules. You must follow each exactly. God has nailed that to the cross. Jesus blood has releases us from enduring those Laws and their Ordinances. Now we have Grace and we follow God's Law now out of Love. God says to love him is to obey his commandments that is how we know its not a contradiction. There are some text in the bible that really makes you think. Is this a contradiction or am I missing something, its we are missing something. that is why we pray and ask the Holy Spirit for guidance.

1 Tim 1:8

8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;

9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

There are no two different interpretations there are different understandings mines might be deeper then yours or your deeper then mine but the interpretations should be the same. I know that the Sabbath has not changed so my interpretation will be consistent it aligns with many other text in the Bible. Without the Law there is no sin. Remember Satan's argument was they were already holy and they did not need to follow the Law, this earth is Satan with no Law see all that he has done to it and to us. Without the Law there is no safety, no justice etc., We must still follow the Law only now its through Love.

But let me get back to my original reason for this thread. I been an SDA since 2009. I have been posting along with others the Warnings of the Sunday Law, now its is actually going to happen in our life time, its constantly being reported on. This will be the new Law. It means that Jesus is going to stand up. His people will be persecuted in large numbers.
Daniel 12:1
And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. this is not the rapture, this happens after the tribulation.

The issue here is those who do not listen and research for themselves will find themselves on the other side, Supporting Satan instead of the Lord God. They will kill and destroy. The truth, I get upset if someone talks against my faith sure, who does not, but I know its not about me, its about God. At no time does violence or rage enter my heart and it doesn't on a regular day. I do however search for myself to see if what they say is true or not. In general no one says anything new its all been said before so I am pretty confident. But its those who act in rage and extreme anger those are the ones to be watchful of because this is not from God this is not righteous anger, this is Sin and these same people will act in Violence against those who speak against their faith and have no control. they will be given over to their sin.

Ephesians 4:18-20
18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

I am heading out of town, I have more to add but no time, I will try to revisit this later. Its important to understand how those who are not in Christ fully will change.