Walking in the Spirit

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
Walking in the Spirit
Dr. Betty R. Price
"...Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh" Galatians 5:16
The Body of Christ is in constant warfare with a tricky enemy who refuses to give up. It is a spiritual battle that gets hotter as time goes on. The spirit world exists right along with our natural world, and when we are moving for God, we become target practice for the devil. It doesn't mean that we are necessarily doing anything wrong when things come against us; it is just the way Satan plays his game. If you are doing something you have no business doing and you know it, you need to stop whatever it is, because you are only opening yourself up to satanic attacks.
God has given us great and precious promises, and it is up to us to believe these promises. He cannot believe them for us. There are multitudes of scripture that tell us God is with us when we are going through trying times. We just need to meditate on and confess these promises when situations come against us. For instance, the 23rd Psalm should be a part of every Christian's confession. These verses are not just there for us to read, but to apply to our daily life, because they take into consideration our every need.
1 The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.

2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.

3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil....
It is up to you not to fear evil. You have to do it. Your will is involved. It doesn't matter what you feel like; you have to be determined that you will not fear. I took all these verses to heart. Everything that came my way and everything that Satan tried to throw against me, I would use the Word against it.
I hear people say, "Well, you can do something wrong and not even know it." God has that covered: Psalm 103:1-4:
1 Blessed the Lord, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His Holy name!

2 Bless the Lord, O my soul;
And forget not all His benefits;

3 Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases [That includes cancer or anything else that attacks you.]

4 Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with loving kindness and tender mercies. [If I am believing God, I can't believe what the devil is trying to put on me.]
Jeremiah 17:7-8 tell us:
7 Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord;
And whose hope is the Lord.

8 For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters,
Which spreads out its roots by the river,

And he will not fear when heat comes. [Heat represents darkness and wickedness. We are going to have the heat, but we don't have to have the fear. Why? Because God is with us and He is our protection.]

But its leaf will be green,

And will not be anxious in the year of drought ["Not be anxious" means not to be worried or overly concerned, even though "drought" will come.]

Nor cease from yielding fruit. [No matter what the devil throws at us, he can't stop us. Now this does not mean that we are going to be free of problems just because we are Christians. We are in the world, and Satan is the prince of this world. But if we are walking in the Word, we will be better protected, because God honors His Word.]
I get comfort from the Word, so I don't look at what is happening around me. And it should be the same with you. In any kind of circumstance you might find yourself, God will take you right through it and give you the strength to overcome whatever it is you may be going through.
In Isaiah 41:10, it says,
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you. I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
God really is concerned about us, and He wants the best for us. He does not want us constantly going through problems and frustrations. If this is where you are, do what Psalm 37:4 says:
Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
This devotional was excerpted from Dr. Betty's book, "Wisdom From Above, Vol. 1." To obtain a complete listing of her products, please call Customer Service at (800) 927-3436 or visit our website: www.faithdome.org.

calex99

Thank you so much for sharing! I love how God uses His word to encourage us to keep fighting and believing no matter what is going on around us. Thanks again. I am definitely going to keep reviewing these scriptures.

mrsmeredith

Lord knows I needed this today. We have been going through a rough patch like never before and I so needed this. Thanks OP for posting this nugget that truly encouraged me.