Wanakee's practical guide to haircare, this is a keeper!

blackberry815

blackberry815

LOL!!!! Your hair looks nice and full!!! So I'd say the satin pillow is just enough. LOL!

Sent from my LG-MS690 using LG-MS690

pre_medicalrulz thanks! I was faithful with my scarf but my dermatologist recommended that i stop using it about two months ago and just use a satin pillow case. She thought it was rubbing out my edges in the front. Since ive stopped my edges have filled in but wanakee has me thinkin!

sunnieb

I still have the paper version of this that the company used to mail out - long before the web was so popular. Wanakee changed my whole hair life!

I remember receiving that booklet in the mail back in the late 90s!

I read through it and threw it away. :nono:

It was just beyond my realm of belief that my damaged NL relaxed hair would get long and thick like hers.

If I only knew what I was really throwing away...........

Sent from my Comet

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
blackberry815

LOL!!!! Your hair looks nice and full!!! So I'd say the satin pillow is just enough. LOL!

pre_medicalrulz thanks! I was faithful with my scarf but my dermatologist recommended that i stop using it about two months ago and just use a satin pillow case. She thought it was rubbing out my edges in the front. Since ive stopped my edges have filled in but wanakee has me thinkin!

LOL!!!

nakialovesshoes

I remember receiving that booklet in the mail back in the late 90s!

I read through it and threw it away. :nono:

It was just beyond my realm of belief that my damaged NL relaxed hair would get long and thick like hers.

If I only knew what I was really throwing away...........

Sent from my Comet

sunnieb
A 4Z I met at the airport one day with beyond WL hair told me about Wanakee maybe around 1995. I couldn't believe that "nappy" hair could grow that long. Unfortunately at the time I bought into the good hair/bad hair myths. I was thinking my hair is "better" than hers. Why hasn't it ever been that long? Luckily, she was willing to share her secret.

Crazy & OT but a couple of years later, her son & my son ended up being in the same preschool class. Her hair was even longer & still beautiful as heck. She wasn't even using the entire line, just the technique and a few of the products. As a texlaxed head (& I've posted this several times so forgive me if you've already read my testimony elsewhere), I grew a TWA into MBL in about 2 1/2 years. I followed her system to a tee & used her entire line. My hair has never been that healthy or long ever.

I moved to Atlanta & let some of these stylists get in my hair & the rest is history. I'm still trying to get my hair back to the shape it was in back then.

Oh well, enough rambling...

Nonie

sunnieb, all's not lost because you can actually get a glimpse at the brochure here: http://www.longhairdontcare.net/files/because-you-are-serious-about-your-hair.pdfcourtesy of Long Hair Don't Care. :notworthy

BTW, I also own the brochure but I read it so much that I practically memorized the regimen because I did even buy the products and try to follow it. But I'm so lazy that I just couldn't keep up. I still own the products that have Wanakee written on the containers and I keep them as very valuable mementos even though I'm not using them. When folks started posting about Vaseline being good for sealing, I wasn't alarmed at all because Wanakee's Care For Ends, which I still have in my possession, looks very much like Vaseline and Wanakee's religious care for her ends is why I know regular dusting and anal end-sealing and PSing can really make a difference. I've got the dusting down pat. I still haven't put much effort to sealing ends and PSing... :hide:

sunnieb

@nakialovesshoes - I wish I could've met someone with my hair type who followed (and succeeded with) Wanakee! But, I was like you back then. I couldn't believe our hair could grow long! You remember the 90s, right?? No internet like it is now so we didn't have black hair inspirations. Just frozen finger waves and baaad weaves. *sigh*

Wow! Thanks @Nonie! I remember seeing that, but I just printed another copy AND filed it! :yep:

Ipanema

Back in the 90s, her advice on how to grow long hair was in a magazine along with those photos of her with the long, relaxed hair and blond streaks. I was so excited because she said she had nappy hair like me! I followed her advice religiously, and went to the extreme with the protective style. My hair grew to MBL. Then eventually I got a bad relaxer, and it came out in bunches. But her advice was good. I'll always remember Wanakee! lol.