Wanna Be On MTV????

ms_kenesha

MTV must be lurking!! We could all go on this show!!!

What's the "History" of your Hair?
THE SOCIAL HISTORY OF... HAIR
How do you do your 'do?

Every head has a story... And MTV wants to hear about it. What’s the "history" of your hair? Mullets, perms, bangs, cornrows, pigtails and "the bob" -tell us all about the evolution of your hair-dos, love 'em or leave 'em...

-Do you see your hairstyle as a reflection of your personality? Is your hair an "accessory" like jewelry or new shoes?

-Remember your middle school yearbook picture or your first dance? How BIG was your hair?! And what about hair spray - do you still use it? Do you remember your first perm?

-Everyone has a hair routine - what's yours? Is doing your hair a tedious chore or an essential part of your morning routine? What and how many products does your 'do demand?

-What do you love about your hair? What drives you CRAZY about your hair? Troublesome curls? too thick or too thin? Never straight enough?

-How about those hair appointment nightmares... did you go in with a picture and come out with a mess?

-"I’ll have the Rachel, please..." Celebrities have influenced hairstyle trends for decades. Have you, or do you, style your hair to look like your favorite celeb’s?

-Chrome Dome... Is your head shaved because you like the look, or because you're going bald? Speaking of going bald guys, is that a fear of yours or is it already happening? What's it like to lose your hair?

-Everyone knows hairstyles are important for girls- do guys care about their hair as much as the ladies? Does your boyfriend or girlfriend worry TOO much about their 'do?

-Natural or Not? Back in the day, if you had an Afro or Dreadlocks you were making a statement that Natural was the way to go… people face the choice between letting their hair stay natural or having it processed. What do you decide? Afro, Flat top, The Gumby, Jheri-Curl, cornrows, dreadlocks; which styles have you sported and why? Has Hip-Hop influenced your hairstyle of choice? Does "going natural" have a deeper meaning for you?

MTV News & Docs is taking a historical look at hair, and we want to hear your hair-raising tales. If you are between the ages of 18-26, e-mail your stories to us at [email protected].

Please include your name, a phone number where you can be reached, and a recent picture of you and your hair.

Crysdon

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
you are between the ages of 18-26

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that rules out half of us. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Allandra

Crysdon said:
you are between the ages of 18-26

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that rules out half of us. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/cry3.gif Me too. /images/graemlins/cry3.gif

ngaa

hey ms_kenesha is this jus for americans or can we join in too?

ngaa /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

ms_kenesha

I'm not sure if it's just for the USA or what, but I'd say email them anyway it can't hurt! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ngaa

thanx i will do, after all whats the worst that cud happen /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ngaa