Want To Learn How To Do Box Braids

Hello LHCF!

I am a hairstyling novice that would like to learn how to do box braids. Any tips or videos that you all think would be helpful? I want to do them on my daughters hair. I should mention she has pretty short hair so it is hard to keep the braids from slipping out. Please help!! Thanks, everyone!

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
^^those videos will help you out. I feel that getting a good grip is something that just comes with practice, practice, practice.

For shorter hair, if it's natural especially, I would stretch with banding or something before braiding. Maybe even a blowdry. it might be kinda tight on her scalp though. Most braiders turned me away until I had at least 4 inches of hair

^^those videos will help you out. I feel that getting a good grip is something that just comes with practice, practice, practice.

For shorter hair, if it's natural especially, I would stretch with banding or something before braiding. Maybe even a blowdry. it might be kinda tight on her scalp though. Most braiders turned me away until I had at least 4 inches of hair
Thank you! She has just about 4”. I’m going to practice today.