Was Her Reply Rude?

weaveadiva

Ipanema

Um, seriously? Appointment cancelled.

This reminds me of when I saw an artist on the street with his art and asked him how much for the painting with the waterfall. He said there are a lot of paintings with waterfalls. I said nope and left. You are not going to be rude to me and think I'm giving you my money.

fluffyforever

Very rude. The woman just wanted to let her know that she followed through.

And honestly if she could be booked that quickly for last minute appointments in the same week, that might hint at her needed a larger client base. She should really watch her tones in DMs because I would have canceled.

larry3344

It would have taken her the same amount of time to just say thank you. A lot of times black stylists don’t feel a need to be professional with black clients.
It’s disgusting!!
What roles me up is how polite and professional the client was!
These arrogant black stylists need to be careful cause more non black people are taking interest in doing black hair and black customers aren’t racially loyal. If they can good service elsewhere and with much better service they will see their business tank and will be the first ones complaining about black people don’t support black business.
The black salon and stylist industry needs some more work, too many of these idiots walking around.

Seraphina

It’s disgusting!!
What roles me up is how polite and professional the client was!
These arrogant black stylists need to be careful cause more non black people are taking interest in doing black hair and black customers aren’t racially loyal. If they can good service elsewhere and with much better service they will see their business tank and will be the first ones complaining about black people don’t support black business.
The black salon and stylist industry needs some more work, too many of these idiots walking around.
I'm racially loyal if it's a quality product/service and if people are polite. But black clients are not obligated to put up with BS like this for the sake of supporting black business. It's infuriating when many of them wouldn't speak to potential white clients like this.

larry3344

I'm racially loyal if it's a quality product/service and if people are polite. But black clients are not obligated to put up with BS like this for the sake of supporting black business. It's infuriating when many of them wouldn't speak to potential white clients like this.
I totally agree with you, racial loyalty should only be reserved for those who know how to operate customer oriented a business. Unfortunately a lot of black entrepreneurs think that being solely black entitles you to racial loyalty regardless of treatment and black customers aren’t built like that, so black entrepreneurs have to keep being competitive but many don’t even try because they rode ok the coattails of whites having no interest in doing black hair. I personally refuse to get my hair done by a non black person regardless of skill but that’s a personal choice.

Last edited:

LivingInPeace

^^^ but the rationale is always lost on those types :rolleyes: They tend to double down on their mess and see themselves as victims.
There's a certain "element" who feel that you cannot tell them that they should do anything in a different way. You cannot say they might be wrong. Any suggestion you make is you judging them and who are you to judge them.

And that's fine. She has every right to make less money.

BrownBetty

It is a ponytail not faux locs or passion twist from scratch, she should of found someone else.

I have said that some black business owners tend to treat their black clients as if the customers have to support them and we don't.

I don't have to endure your bad customer service because we both are black.

Then they get on social media screaming about how black folks don't support black businesses when we are usually their only clientele.

Annoying AF.