Was this a Sign from GOD

pbuckley

Ladies,

This is my first experience so I am a little unsure, please help me here.
I have been trying to find a Church home for some time now. I have conflicts in some of area's of Church based upon the Church that I was raised in and their beliefs. So at present I am reading the bible *for myself* and trying to determine what *I* believe. So in the mist of all of this I am trying to either prove that what I was taught is the correct way to worship or discredit it. So I have been a little frustrated in trying to find a church home. My family and I have visited this one church CTK Church several times. After one of our visits my husband decided he was unsure if this was the one for us. So I set back on my mission to finding us a church and we visited a few others, so it had been sometime since we visited CTK. Not having any luck in finding a church home I decided to try CTK again. That morning I prayed to GOD: please help me to discern if this is the church for us or not. God I want to worship you in spirit and in TRUTH and if this is not the right place for us please give me a sign. Please let this sign be UNSHAKABLE so that I will clearly without any doubt now if this is the church home for us or not. AMEN

So we get up to go the 7:30am service which is the one we were attending when we visited there for a month or so. We get their and no one's there. I mean the parking lot is empty. I'm at a lost. I circle the block figuring I am here right on the dot maybe were to early. I call 411 and get the churches number to call and see if maybe the time has changed, no one answers and the recording doesn't even list the church times (which I think is crazy) Well we go back and one car is in the parking lot I drive up and it happens to be the pastor. I ask him about the 7:30 service and he tells me that they have now combined it with the 9:30 service so their only having 2 services instead of 3 and that they've been doing this for about a month. I say thats about how long it's been since our last visit. He invites us to come back.

Now as I am heading home I am wondering WAS THIS MY SIGN?

What do you think?

Last edited:

alexstin

God will speak to you. Just look at this as a time to get use to discernning God's will for your life. We are first and foremost spirits. We(our spirits) walk in the will of God by what we discern not by what our 5 senses say.

That was the issue with Adam and Eve. Before the fall they lived by discerning what God wanted. After the fall they were limited to what they could sense and the understanding they could get from what they sensed.

You'll see many times in the new testament that the enemy of our souls will decieve many with signs. Yes, believers perform signs and wonders but don't depend on signs. Holy Spirit wants to communicate to you what He hears from the Father.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Notice, the Pastor was there to guide you to the right time. He of all people was the one there to answer why no one else was there.

The only way to know is to go to the 9:30 a.m. service and allow the Lord to 'settle' it in your hearts. Take part in the entire service from opening prayers to praise and worship to the message, the altar call and then the benediction. Ask the Lord to confirm it with both you and your husband. He will. He always does. And you will know. ;)

Oh! You did right! Although you were early, you went out of love and obedience to the Lord. ;)