Wash and Go how to??? callin NaNa

MrsBKJ

Hey guys i tried wearing my hair out today and then realised i couldnt beacuse i dont have any wearing my hair out styles....and then i happened upon NANA's avatar and her siggy stating she had mastered the wash and go....
NANA can you help please?
Or anybody else have any ideas on how to get the perfect wash n go???

thanks

uzz

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I have the same hair type as you but I'm not relaxed so I'm not sure how it will come out but try a good leave in such as Giovanni Direct, Elucence MB, Sunsilk De-Frizz or Pantene Curl leave-in. They have all worked good for me. I just find that using a leave in provides a good base for other products and sometimes you don't even need any other products. I just wash my hair apply a leave-in and brush it through w/ my Denman brush which does wonders for curl definition! I don't really need anything other than a leave-in because the ones i listed are really good for curl definition but sometimes I add some mousse or gel if I want a little extra hold. Fructis Soft Curl Cream is good for layering over the leave-in also. After I'm done brushing through my leave in I flip my head upside down and shake it so the curls form then I scrunch in some mousse or gel. Elucence Moisture Balance is my hg for wash n' go's and Sunsilk is almost right up there w/ that one. I have pics in my album of wash n'go's and my avatar is one. HTH

Last edited:

Ms_Twana

Re: Wash and Go how to???

RachiQue, if you do a search, there will be several posts of how to do a wash 'n go. I tried one for the first time today, and mines was a wash 'n NO. I looked like I had a stringy flip. I had some waves here and there, but no curls. And the flip came from my hair sitting on my shoulders as it dried.

I had gotten excited at first because I was reading how to do it from other relaxed ladies. So I thought I actually had a chance at it turning out right. I don't know if I did something wrong, or if my hair just doesn't compliment the style. Here's what I did:

After washing my conditioner out I used Humetress as a leave-in, then I used NTM Smooth shine Anti-Frizz Cream and Silk touch leave-in. Then I used a little Lottabody setting lotion, and I topped it off with John Frieda Dream Curls. I apply the Dreams Curls bending over and I scrunched after that step. I scrunched from root to ends, trying to make sure I hit every section of my hair. Then, I just waited for the result. It's actually not even dry yet.

So, did I use too many products? Is there something that I shouldn't have or should have used?? Was it just my scrunching? Or is it just my hair??

Phoenix

Re: Wash and Go how to???

I'm still trying to perfect my wash & go. I usually have a straight hair here and there, but I'm pretty much satisfied with the result.

I cw with a curl defining/moisturizing conditioner (I usually use Thermasilk Curl Defining or Pantene Hydrating Curls...but I think any cheap moisturizing conditioner will do). When I rinse out the conditioner, I try to rinse my hair in the direction I want to wear it. I won't be combing my hair after I get out of the shower, so my hair will stay in the position I rinse it in.

After I rinse, I gently squeeze out the excess water with my hands (no towel). I mix NTM leave-in & some type of cone-based serum and distribute it through my hair by scrunching with my hands. If my ends seem dry, I scrunch them with some kind of oil on my hands. After this, I sometimes spray my hair with a curl enhancing spray (either Dream Curls or Ripple Effect-both by John Frieda) but that step is not essential. Then I don't touch it at all until it is almost dry. If I have to I lightly blowdry on cool with a diffuser, but I get more frizz this way. After it is almost dry I lean over to let my hair fall and give it some fullness. That's it. Let us know how it turns out.

Oh-all this stuff is based on the method Tracey posted here a looooooong time ago. I'll look for that thread...that's the best wash and go method I've found.

MrsBKJ

Hey you guys thanks lots!
im going to try this on a day im not working in case it goes weird and theni dont have to deal with it at work.
thanks
Uzz

Tee

okay...i have been doing this for a week and my hair comes out pretty cool. I love it.

I co-wash....Suave Milk and Honey. (just trying to use it all up.)
Apply S-Curl (trying to use it all up)
Then use alcohol free mousse. (trying to use that up too.)

So by trying to free my bathroom up for space, I found a routine that really works for my hair.

Let us know how yours turns out.