Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2019 Challenge

Discussion in 'Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion' started by Alma Petra, Dec 13, 2018.

1. ckisland

ckisland Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I tried Eco Style gel again for the first time in I don't know how long, and it was terrible!! I hated how my hair felt and I got the craziest looking second day hair :confused:! Crispy and dry for no reason? Naw. I'm good.

Today I shampoo'd and did a clay rinse. I used AVJ as my leave in and sealed with a tiny bit of CO. Baby!! My hair is so perfect! It's big, soft, fluffy with some definition :love: :love:. I'm going back to my homemade way of life, cause commercial products are just not for my hair.

2. naturalagain2

naturalagain2 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:
    Tried the smooth and rake method this morning. Way better definition. I think this is method for my hair type. Also, I can't wait until it gets warmer because I like styling my wash n go's in the morning and letting it air dry. Last night I was lazy and left the deep conditioner in overnight & rinsed out this morning and did my wash n go. With this I used my usual Camille Rose Curl Love Moisture Milk and Camille Rose Curl Maker.

8947A326-242F-455C-A81F-9068647D4382.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  3. water_n_oil

water_n_oil Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Not so sure about Wetline. The hold is fantastic but it does feel kind of drying.

4. water_n_oil

Blog Posts:
    Refreshed before bed last night using The Mane Choice 3-in-1 and HeyFranHey's method. Super soft hair today.

faithVA likes this.
  5. ckisland

Blog Posts:
    I rinsed my hair and finger detangled under the stream. I added my AVJ and sealed with CO.
    My wash n'go's cute! Not perfectly defined or elongated or anything like that. But it is very very cute :love3:

ETA: I did a deep trim (I know. I know) when I straightened my hair. My hair is currently full CBL, and some areas my be a little longer than that.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    Realhairdontcare and faithVA like this.
  6. water_n_oil

Blog Posts:
    Washed my hair today. I did MC 3-in-1, safflower oil, Wetline, and then more safflower. Gonna finish up the gel even if it's not the best then I'll either go back to Eco or Softee. Sitting under the dryer now. What I do like about raking wetline through my hair, my hair stayed detangled the whole time. When I washed today there were barely any tangles to get out.

faithVA likes this.
  7. metro_qt

metro_qt Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    lovely!!!!!!!!! smooth and rake you say....do you detangle first, in the shower?
    (the back of my head gets very tangly... and raking hasn't worked so well up to this point...

naturalagain2 and faithVA like this.
  8. jasmine26

jasmine26 Active Member

Blog Posts:
    Albums:
    Ok finally figured this posting thing out and I want to join!!!lol

My hair is low porosity, tends to be on the dry side with lots of kinks and coils. I cut a lot of my hair to about 4inches over the summer as it was very color damaged. I still have some color on the ends in front but will trim those out little by little.

Just getting back to basic of taking better care of my hair. I just shampoo and conditioner every 4-5 days , then deep condition with heat. I mainly only do wash n gos as they are to easy. I know sit under dryer.

I love using elucence shampoo/aloe Vera juice as a leave in, Uncle funky curly magic/ hydra curlformer.

I’m trying to not be so trim happy and hope to regrow back my hair.

PNG image.png

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    faithVA, metro_qt, GGsKin and 4 others like this.
  9. Coilystep

Coilystep New name.

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Washed today and styled with mane choice 3 and 1 and Crystal gel. I shingled.

image.jpg image.jpg

10. naturalagain2

naturalagain2 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:
    Yes I detangle while having the deep conditioner in then rinse, put my leave in conditioner on, then put my hair in sections with clips to keep it detangled and stretched. Once I get out of the shower, I put a little more leave in on my hair, take a section, divide it in two, spray the first section then follow up with gel. I smooth it down then break up the curls by raking.

SunkissedLife, faithVA and metro_qt like this.
  11. water_n_oil

Blog Posts:
    Seems the extra layer of oil was the key to wetline (and possibly the fact that I used a light oil vs the shea but idk). I'm glad because that gel gives me such great definition and shine.

EDIT: ugh, con #2 is that it does not play well with product when I want to put an old wng into a puff. Guess I'll be washing again tomorrow.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    SunkissedLife, faithVA and metro_qt like this.
  12. GettingKinky

GettingKinky Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I need to figure out to to dry my hair without it drying out. Air drying loose and blow drying on low heat aren’t doing the trick. I think I need to dry it in a bun, but without messing up my curl pattern.

SunkissedLife and faithVA like this.
  13. OhTall1

OhTall1 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:
    I'm trying to figure out if my hair is just not that photogenic, or if it looks like this frizzy mess in real life.
    The pic on the left is with orange hair paint wax. I re-wet a five day old WNG on Friday night just to wear the color over the weekend to see how I liked it.

The right is today's regular degular wash and go. I'm trying something new. I read somewhere about swapping out curl cream for a curl activating gel, then putting a gel for hold on top. Not sure if that's exactly what I'm doing but I'm trying. For curl enhancement I'm using Ampro Pro Style curl enhancer gel activator for extra dry hair. I put Uncle Funky's curl magic on top, though I'm not sure if this would be considered another curl activator or hold gel.

14. GettingKinky

Blog Posts:
    My hair is soooo dry. I think maybe it doesn’t like wash and gos. I can’t seem to trap the moisture in my hair.

@OhTall1 your hair doesn’t look frizzy to me. I think it looks cute

OhTall1 and faithVA like this.
  15. water_n_oil

Blog Posts:
    Yesterday I "cowashed" my hair with Renpure Weightless Hydration conditioner, oil rinsed with safflower oil, then applied Wetline while still in the shower. I plopped overnight and sat in front of my heater this morning to dry my hair. Apparently this ridiculous routine is what I need to do to make Wetline work lol. My hair very soft and retained moisture. Not much volume but that's easily fixed.

16. ckisland

Blog Posts:
    I haven't posted a pic in awhile. My wash n' gos have been very big and fluffy :grin:
    20190207_182413-600x800.jpg 20190210_152015-600x800.jpg 20190212_154729-600x800.jpg

17. GettingKinky

Blog Posts:
    I LOC’d my hair after washing and I’ve been wearing it in a bun for the last two days and it’s not dry at all. I think this weekend I’m going to try LOCG and then wear it out and see if it retains moisture.

I think when my hair is loose it has a really hard time staying moisturized.

water_n_oil, ckisland and faithVA like this.
  18. oneastrocurlie

oneastrocurlie Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I've been using a pump of NYC Curls mixed with a little water in my hands to refresh my hair. I kinda like it. Hate that NYC Curls is expensive (at least in my book).

GettingKinky, faithVA and water_n_oil like this.
  19. water_n_oil

Blog Posts:
    That's how I refresh as well. Got the tip from HeyFranHey years ago. Right now I'm using Mane Choice but I feel like this method works with any good moisturizer. I used to do it with the Karen's Body Beautiful leave in.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    oneastrocurlie and faithVA like this.
  20. oneastrocurlie

Blog Posts:
    Ahhh. I'm going to try it with some other stuff then too.

faithVA and water_n_oil like this.
  21. GettingKinky

Blog Posts:
    I’m looking forward to trying new products tomorrow. I hope my hair likes them.

I’m going to use
    Miele avocado moisture milk
    Grapeseed oil
    Whipped shea butter
    Either KCCC or wetline gel

22. GettingKinky

Blog Posts:
    I don’t think my idea is LOC + gel is working. My hair came out so stiff with no movement :-(

faithVA likes this.
  23. ckisland

Blog Posts:
    Oh no!! For me, the only way that gel didn't make my hair stiff was if I barely used any gel, or I found a creamy moisturizer that overpowered the gel. When I used oil or a basic leave-in under ECO, my hair was guaranteed crispy for the first day, but it didn't soften up after. But when I used EBW Curl Defining Creme under any gel, it was like the gel wasn't even there.

It depends on if you want soft, big, fluffy hair, or defined, longer lasting hair that hangs more downward.

GettingKinky and faithVA like this.
  24. ckisland

Blog Posts:
    I'm on day 6 of this wash n'go, and it looks good. . . .on the outside :lachen:. My puff legit looks like a piece from the BSS :afro:.
    I finally remembered to buy some banana baby food, so wash day will be tomorrow!

25. water_n_oil

Blog Posts:
    I never do LOC +gel. It's always way too much product for my hair.

26. GettingKinky

Blog Posts:
    I was hoping that if I used tons of product my hair would be “heavy” and hang and have movement. It was heavy while it it was wet, but after it dried it was so stiff.

I may need to face the fact that my hair is going to do what it wants and not what I want.

faithVA, ckisland and water_n_oil like this.
  27. water_n_oil

Blog Posts:
    I did a clay wash today followed by Mielle Mongongo deep conditioner. I only put safflower oil and my ayurvedic shea butter on wet hair afterward.

Attached Files:

28. FoxxyLocs

FoxxyLocs Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Albums:
    I'm on day 5 of a wng ponytail and I keep getting compliments on it. I literally haven't done anything but take my bonnet on and off for the past week.

I forgot to put castor oil on my ends during my last wash. I need to make sure I do it next time.

ckisland likes this.
  29. GettingKinky

Blog Posts:
    After yesterday’s disaster I rewashed my hair. This time I only used KCKT and KCCC but I’m letting it dry in Bantu knots. Maybe this way more moisture will stay in my hair. But I think it might take days to fully dry this way.

I’m going out to dinner tonight so maybe I’ll take it down at that point and see how it looks.

SunkissedLife and faithVA like this.
  30. oneastrocurlie

Blog Posts:
    If I could get rid of my pj ways I could probably be fine with curl magic and this DE foam but no lol. Now I want to try the doux foam and Briogeo Curl Charisma.