Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

GettingKinky

I thought it was just me. They are starting to annoy me. Lol

I think I will leave the Get some curls soon. It's not really that helpful anymore since they got rid of the community and limited it to just a few videos.

There are a lot other nicer curl stylists coming up now fortunately.
It looks like Keya has started a digital salon alum group on Facebook. I thought about joining, but I don’t need to spend more time online talking about hair. LHCF is enough for me.

GettingKinky

I’m glad I haven’t had an opportunity to get to know or follow any of these hairstylist/influencers.
It’s really a mixed bag with them. They have great information and a bad attitude. Luckily have have found a local stylist with a great personality. But she is super conservative about Covid so I don’t know when she will open again so that I can have her do my hair.

sugaplum

Star Shooter
I would love to joint this challenge please if it’s not too late

1. Please tell us about your hair (texture, pattern, porosity, length, etc) 3” 3c
  2. What is your current regimen (frequency, techniques, products, etc) Cowash everyday with cone free conditioner mixed with honey and EVOO
  3. What are your length goals from joining this challenge? S shoulder length
  4. What are your styling goals from joining this challenge? I cover my hair with my hijab
  5. Any current struggles or concerns? Not deep conditioning enough
  6. Please share a starting photo of your hair (optional but highly recommended)

faithVA

It looks like Keya has started a digital salon alum group on Facebook. I thought about joining, but I don’t need to spend more time online talking about hair. LHCF is enough for me.
I joined. Not to talk but because I never get enough looking at curly hair :lol: Hoping to see some small coils like mine and see if they have any tips for me. I also want to check out some different shapes. I'm not sold on my current shape.

I will bring back any fun tidbits.

faithVA

This jello shot must be super strong. Normally my stylist doesn’t wash my hair before she colors it, but today she said my hair felt like it has a lot of product so she washed it first. And I was on day 6. And very little frizz. I just need to get this to give me decent day 1 hair.
I would think it would have a lot of the "plastic" ingredients in it which do not wash off easily and aren't easily penetrable. Glad she recognized it. Otherwise the color would look like it took and within a few weeks it would just disappear.

faithVA

I would love to joint this challenge please if it’s not too late

1. Please tell us about your hair (texture, pattern, porosity, length, etc) 3” 3c
  2. What is your current regimen (frequency, techniques, products, etc) Cowash everyday with cone free conditioner mixed with honey and EVOO
  3. What are your length goals from joining this challenge? S shoulder length
  4. What are your styling goals from joining this challenge? I cover my hair with my hijab
  5. Any current struggles or concerns? Not deep conditioning enough
  6. Please share a starting photo of your hair (optional but highly recommended)
Welcome @sugaplum. It's not too late.

DVAntDany

I guess I’ll give a review today and complain about some Mielle products. Lol

The Pomegranate and Honey Detangling shampoo is okay. It cleanses the hair but it’s not great on the scalp. It will require a double shampoo cleanse to get rid of oily scalp buildup. It is detangling.

The Pomegranate and Honey Moisturizing Detangling Conditioning is also just okay. It is detangling and does not clog up my bath drain.

Now here goes my rant. I have tried using the Honey & Ginger Styling gel several times and I just don’t like it. It sucks when used on damp hair, without leave-in or used to refresh 2nd and 3rd day hair.

Today I paired it with the Pomegranate and Honey Leave-in. I had to use it on soaking wet hair and be overly liberal with application to get any type of definition. This product does not automatically clump curls on contact like other products offered from Mielle.

This gel requires smoothing hair in small sections to avoid major frizz. Raking this product into my hair is not an option. It will not give curl definition/clumping or reduce frizz on its own. 7hrs later, my hair is still damp at the roots in the crown of my head. So it takes a full work day for short hair to dry.

It is softer because I used it on wet hair rather than damp. On dry or damp hair this feels cripspy and crunchy. My curls are even more shrunk up and curlier than usual. My hair isn’t even this curly without product.

If this was the first product I used from them, I would have thought this was as good as it gets. This reminds me of using gel back in the day and not getting immaculate curl separation from root to tip.

In addition to not so great performance, this fragrance is super loud and citrusy like citronella or lemongrass. I will not be repurchasing because it requires too much work for mediocre results.

GettingKinky

I joined. Not to talk but because I never get enough looking at curly hair :lol: Hoping to see some small coils like mine and see if they have any tips for me. I also want to check out some different shapes. I'm not sold on my current shape.

I will bring back any fun tidbits.
I’m looking forward to your reports. you can tell me if it’s worth joining. I have a FB account, but I spend zero time on FB

GettingKinky

I would think it would have a lot of the "plastic" ingredients in it which do not wash off easily and aren't easily penetrable. Glad she recognized it. Otherwise the color would look like it took and within a few weeks it would just disappear.

the Jell-O shot doesn’t really have lots of plastics. It’s botanically based. But it must have felt different to her.

Ingredients: Water, Okra extract, Aloe vera juice, Pectin, Chamomile flower extract, Nettle leaf extract, Melissa leaf extract, Peppermint leaf extract, Horsetail leaf extract, Yucca Vera leaf extract, propanediol (corn-based preservative booster), aminopropanol (pH balancer), strawberry fruit essence, benzyl alcohol dehydroacetic acid (non-drying alcohol used in preservation system), carbomer 980 (thickener), sodium gluconate (beet-based preservative booster).

DVAntDany

Love the cut @naturalagain2 !!!

@DVAntDany Great review! I think you mentioned watching MAD curls on YouTube? I love all their product reviews!
Thanks.

I enjoy watching them too. They seem so pleasant. I love the mother and daughter bonding. We don’t like the same products though.

TA can get away using Cantu, but their products are all trash when it comes to my hair. Dry and flakey or oily and greasy. Even though I think LA’s hair looks silkier than mine, I feel that I may be able to use her product recommendations more.

Britt

I may have to stop following Aishia on IG. She has gone beyond being snarky to just being mean. And being factually incorrect in her snarkiness.
I learned a lot from her, but she’s just too much
I've felt like that about her. She thinks it's her being snarky and blunt/keeping it real but she can come across incredibly nasty and unlikeable. She does not have a likeability factor to her. I find even Aeliese to be a bit more digestible than her. I remember over two years ago I purchased their book and bought Entwine styler. I dm'd Aishia to share my experience with the product and she basically told me it's not body butter and I don't need to apply it as such. I was thinking :huh: . She was so darn nasty and condescending just basically assuming I applied the product incorrectly. I unfollowed for a while until last year when I skeptically decided to try a wash n go and learn from them. Her attitude sucks and she doesn't have the charisma to carry off what she deems snarky. She's petty and nasty.

DVAntDany

My Black Orchid diffuser gets delivered Monday!

Can’t wait to try with the Miss Jessie’s products I bought today!

I’m on staycation starting next week, I am seriously looking forward to playing in my hair :biggrin:
I’m about to check out the Black Orchid diffuser. I have nothing to dry my hair with.

I can’t wait to hear how it and this Miss Jessie’s products work for you.

GettingKinky

I've felt like that about her. She thinks it's her being snarky and blunt/keeping it real but she can come across incredibly nasty and unlikeable. She does not have a likeability factor to her. I find even Aeliese to be a bit more digestible than her. I remember over two years ago I purchased their book and bought Entwine styler. I dm'd Aishia to share my experience with the product and she basically told me it's not body butter and I don't need to apply it as such. I was thinking :huh: . She was so darn nasty and condescending just basically assuming I applied the product incorrectly. I unfollowed for a while until last year when I skeptically decided to try a wash n go and learn from them. Her attitude sucks and she doesn't have the charisma to carry off what she deems snarky. She's petty and nasty.

Yep. She thinks she is the queen of curly hair and no one else knows what they are talking about and that they should all just “stay in their lane”

After my 1st interaction with her in the DS I almost dropped my membership. Luckily the other people there made up for her nastiness.

I’m thinking that SeeSomeCurls isn’t going to be nearly as successful as the DS. They need nicer people to help everyone like Cassandra and Roni. Once people watch all the videos and attend a few lives there will be no reason to keep subscribing.

It’s really kind of sad because I love their message that all black women can wear their hair the way it grows out of their head with pride and confidence.

She had another “snarky” live with Sonnie where she said people who put food in their hair are just as bad as the gorilla glue woman. I didn’t watch that one, but I’m sure it would have pissed me off.

faithVA

the Jell-O shot doesn’t really have lots of plastics. It’s botanically based. But it must have felt different to her.

Ingredients: Water, Okra extract, Aloe vera juice, Pectin, Chamomile flower extract, Nettle leaf extract, Melissa leaf extract, Peppermint leaf extract, Horsetail leaf extract, Yucca Vera leaf extract, propanediol (corn-based preservative booster), aminopropanol (pH balancer), strawberry fruit essence, benzyl alcohol dehydroacetic acid (non-drying alcohol used in preservation system), carbomer 980 (thickener), sodium gluconate (beet-based preservative booster).
Yeah, that is why I put plastic in quotes. Pectin and carbomer to me would act like "plastics" or harder to remove from the hair. In order to have that hold they have to use something that crystalizes in a way. Don't know another term for it.