Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

LavenderMint

Loving all this activity!

my hair looks good on day 5, but next wash day I’ll go back to UFD and earthtones gel.

Getting my second vaccine today and hoping I’ll be back on my feet (and less arm soreness) by Sunday’s wash day.
I’m passing on the ecoslay this go round but I did finally buy a (medium) jar of the earth tones gel. :look:

...and a couple of the head bands...

Good luck on shot #2!!

oneastrocurlie

Oh so you are saying that if I have 3 salon size UFD's and a smaller UFD and a bottle of ICH that maybe I should wait :look: :lol:

I'm just teasing you.

Lol. It's the main reason why I haven't bought more stylers. I want to maybe try 1 or 2 new ones but I'm lowkey tired of looking at this bottle and the longer I take to use it up, the longer I have to look at it.

GettingKinky

Lol. It's the main reason why I haven't bought more stylers. I want to maybe try 1 or 2 new ones but I'm lowkey tired of looking at this bottle and the longer I take to use it up, the longer I have to look at it.
I’m semi stressed out by the number of stylers I have. I really want to get down to 2, but realistically I think I’ll always have 4-5

faithVA

I’m semi stressed out by the number of stylers I have. I really want to get down to 2, but realistically I think I’ll always have 4-5
It is funny we are worried about 4 of 5. If we go to some of these other threads, people have built special cabinets for all of their stuff :lol:

I can fit everything I am playing with on 1 shelf in my bathroom cabinet. Compared to what I had when I was wearing twist, this is nothing.

GettingKinky

I have a ton of stylers. I love spring and summer. It’s like Pokémon. Gotta catch them all.
I can see the appeal of having lots of stylers to choose from, but I like being on auto pilot. I really wanted to buy the orange marmalade during the flash sale today but that would have just added to my stash and I know I don’t need it.
Once I have all black owned products that work well for me I’m going to stop looking around.

GettingKinky

It is funny we are worried about 4 of 5. If we go to some of these other threads, people have built special cabinets for all of their stuff :lol:

I can fit everything I am playing with on 1 shelf in my bathroom cabinet. Compared to what I had when I was wearing twist, this is nothing.
I know compared to others I don’t have that many, but I always have backups so it’s getting crowded under my sink.

oneastrocurlie

It's interesting for me because I used to have way more products. Now I'm like "nothing new until something is almost gone" and trying to give stuff away.

I think (*knocks on wood*) I have at least 2 staples for each hair category. Now it's just using up what I don't plan on buying again.

Like you I want to be on auto pilot, mostly lol.

faithVA

I gave my boyfriend my AG Balance and Boost about a month or two back. Now every night I hear "ooh my hair is so soft" :lol: And last night he said, I was going to get my hair cut, but my hair is so soft I don't want to. :rofl: And then he's like "Feel my hair" :grin:

I think he is hooked. I don't think he will ever go back to off the shelf shampoo. Nor will he skip conditioning.

I've known him 10 years and this is the first year he hasn't cut his own hair. He actually went to the barber last month to get his new fro shaped up. It is hilarious.

I had no idea a shampoo could make that much of a difference.

toaster

I love watching old MAD curls videos on YouTube because I love their mother/daughter connection, but idk how you can have a hair channel and just be so misinformed about hair care.

For the longest time they “didn’t care about ingredients” and were getting highlights every other month and then when their hair started falling out they were so innocent and confused.

Bless their hearts.

GettingKinky

I gave my boyfriend my AG Balance and Boost about a month or two back. Now every night I hear "ooh my hair is so soft" :lol: And last night he said, I was going to get my hair cut, but my hair is so soft I don't want to. :rofl: And then he's like "Feel my hair" :grin:

I think he is hooked. I don't think he will ever go back to off the shelf shampoo. Nor will he skip conditioning.

I've known him 10 years and this is the first year he hasn't cut his own hair. He actually went to the barber last month to get his new fro shaped up. It is hilarious.

I had no idea a shampoo could make that much of a difference.

I love this.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I think I misplaced that original jar of Jell-O shot I opened. I don’t know where that jar went to. I ordered two but the only one I found was the unopened one in the fridge.

it’s weird because I know I was downstairs using it.

found it. It was way in the back of the fridge. You know what I noticed when I opened it. The consistency reminds me of Alikay Naturals gel. It’s chunky and thick. I haven’t used that either. I’m thinking I’m going to have to emulsify a lot.

faithVA

So my hair is looking a bit crazy. It has full volume and very little definition. So I put on a headband to try to simulate a puff. It isn't really working :lol: I need 2 inches everywhere to be able to do an emergency puff. The front is fine. The left size is getting there but the right side shrinks up so much that it's like naw, not going to happen.

This just confirms for me that when I do go for my appointment in July/August that there will be no tapering. I need to be able to do an emergency puff. It is good to get clear now so I know what I'm doing and need to communicate.