Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

faithVA

I finally reset today. I'm still doing way too much. My wash days are too long. But hopefully, start to get the application right and it goes faster.

My Madison Reed shampoo and conditioner came in. I want to use up some of the other stuff before I jump into it. I may use Madison Reed on the weekends and the other stuff during the weekdays or vice versa.

I rinsed.
I shampooed once with Jessicurl Gentle Shampoo
Then I shampooed with Madison Reed. Is is definitely moisturizing.

I conditioned with the Pattern Conditioner. This conditioner is supposed to be lightweight but it is really thick. I will use it one more time and throw the remaining away if there is any.

I rinsed out the conditioner and soaked my hair with water and put on a plastic cap. I was trying to see if my hair held more water this way. I can't really tell.
After I showered, I added more water to my hair. My hair isn't holding water very well. I'm not sure why. Maybe it is the conditioner that determines if my hair is going to hold water :perplexed:

Anyway, I put my hair into 7 sections and started in the back.
I applied the UFD to the entire section first. Then I went back into the section and applied the ICH.
I'm still applying too much ICH but it is hard to get the right amount with such small sections and short hair. I need to go with less to start and then add more. I put spread the ICH in my hand and then add water and then added it to my hair.

When I got to the front I definitely had to add more water. I soaked each section and put it up. But my center piece was still dried out when I got to it. I'm going to try the spray bottle or put water in a bottle with a nozzle next time.

I have seen stylist take the hair with gel and lay it flat in their palm and smooth the hair. I tried that with my front. I think that works for my hair. It needs pressing against a flat service to smooth it out. I think that works better for me than the brush for now.

Anyway it took me 22 hours from start to finish :rofl: That is what it felt like.

But at least now when I'm doing too much it at least turns out OK. So I can live with that.

If the Jello-Shot works I'm going to throw out the Aunt Jackie's.

20210424_160103.jpg20210424_160138.jpg

sunshinebeautiful

Today was wash day for me too.

I used UFD/ICH and just a tad of the Trepadora Papaya Slip since I'd been too heavy handed the last 2 times I tried it. I applied product then added more water at each step. So far so good. My hair is 80% dry right now. Let's see how this holds up this week.

On Friday, I'm finally going to my first hair appointment at Rhonda's HydraBar salon. I'm excited to see what product/application techniques might be suggested and to get a curly cut so that my hair has a better shape. Fingers crossed.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Y’all can have this ecoslay. This stuff felt like plastic going on. I couldn’t even feel my hair as I was applying it. I can tell my hair gonna be hard as can be. Which usually isn’t a bad thing. Imma wash it again probably on Monday and try it with UFD on top. I wanna see how it dries by itself before I try it with anything else .
My hair is clumped together in S’s laying side by side which looks flat. It’s not a big deal because usually it will start to dry and draw up into boingy S’s.

I dunno how this is gonna dry. I’m almost scared to sit under the dryer because I know for sure it will dry harder. Hmmm. I probably will have to in order to have it set before bed.

Attachments

• 34F1219B-643B-4205-AD3C-E7E98E26EC01.jpeg
    34F1219B-643B-4205-AD3C-E7E98E26EC01.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 4E7BF4FE-7F12-4B8F-BC43-65FE39FB248F.jpeg
    4E7BF4FE-7F12-4B8F-BC43-65FE39FB248F.jpeg
    65.5 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

faithVA

Today was wash day for me too.

I used UFD/ICH and just a tad of the Trepadora Papaya Slip since I'd been too heavy handed the last 2 times I tried it. I applied product then added more water at each step. So far so good. My hair is 80% dry right now. Let's see how this holds up this week.

On Friday, I'm finally going to my first hair appointment at Rhonda's HydraBar salon. I'm excited to see what product/application techniques might be suggested and to get a curly cut so that my hair has a better shape. Fingers crossed.
I want to try the PS. But I'm holding out for more length.

Oooh so excited about your curly cut. I hope it is a wonderful experience. Looking forward to the pictures.

faithVA

Y’all can have this ecoslay. This stuff felt like plastic going on. I couldn’t even feel my hair as I was applying it. I can tell my hair gonna be hard as can be. Which usually isn’t a bad thing. Imma wash it again probably on Monday and try it with UFD on top. I wanna see how it dries by itself before I try it with anything else .
My hair is clumped together in S’s laying side by side which looks flat. It’s not a big deal because usually it will start to dry and draw up into boingy S’s.

I dunno how this is gonna dry. I’m almost scared to sit under the dryer because I know for sure it will dry harder. Hmmm. I probably will have to in order to have it set before bed.
It started off looking good. Maybe it works better paired with something else.

kimpaur

I absolutely love the way my hair came out so had to share

Excuse the drawing yall, but I've never posted photos online and are super paronoid :lol:

Not sure if I'll leave these up but here goes!

I've been lurking a lot lately and noticed a few of you ladies mentioning going back to section-styling vs canopy styling. I decided to go back to that and the results are soooo much better

I also used bantu knots to keep my hair stretched during conditioning and styling and that helped as well!

Products:
- my absolute love, Pop Lock Gel
-Blue wetline as a topper
-Copper Hair Makeup from Curl Smith(I'm addicted to hair makeup :look:)

testing photo
IMG_2491_LI (2).jpg

BEFORE Sitting under dryer

After

IMG_2495 - Copy (2)_LI.jpg

faithVA

I absolutely love the way my hair came out so had to share

Excuse the drawing yall, but I've never posted photos online and are super paronoid :lol:

Not sure if I'll leave these up but here goes!

I've been lurking a lot lately and noticed a few of you ladies mentioning going back to section-styling vs canopy styling. I decided to go back to that and the results are soooo much better

I also used bantu knots to keep my hair stretched during conditioning and styling and that helped as well!

Products:
- my absolute love, Pop Lock Gel
-Blue wetline as a topper
-Copper Hair Makeup from Curl Smith(I'm addicted to hair makeup :look:)

testing photo
View attachment 471693

BEFORE Sitting under dryer

After

View attachment 471695

Looks really good. You have length, volume, definition and color. That is a fabulous combination.

GettingKinky

Hairs hard as a rock. Next time I’ll use something under it. I forgot I have Ecoslay Rice water leave in conditioner. Might try it with that depending on if they mix well. All in all it’s definitely a styler if you want hold. This washngo could easily go two weeks.
I can never get a super hard gel cast. Even when I used jello shot all by itself. I’m not sure why.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I can never get a super hard gel cast. Even when I used jello shot all by itself. I’m not sure why.
I usually can use any styler by itself because I have really conditioned strands and using a leave in is too much products for a washngo. I was expecting hard hair though. The dew points aren’t good right now in my area of NJ so no moisture in the air.
What state are you in @GettingKinky