Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

GettingKinky

I usually can use any styler by itself because I have really conditioned strands and using a leave in is too much products for a washngo. I was expecting hard hair though. The dew points aren’t good right now in my area of NJ so no moisture in the air.
What state are you in @GettingKinky
I’m in northern CA. The humidity is rarely extreme. I can get a cast, but not a super hard crunchy one.

oneastrocurlie

I took my spring twists out and used Olaplex 0 and 3. This time I used a little more than previously since I'm just about half way through the bottles at 4 uses. I also rewet my hair (a lot) while applying conditioner. Messy but I like. Used my usual, UFD and mousse. Sat under the dryer. Hair is defined, feels great, shrinkage is on ten.

And as I type all of that I think I'm officially over my long front/short back shape. Lol. My stylist is going on maternity leave in a couple months and my next appointment isn't until October. I need to make a decision quick.

sunshinebeautiful

Today was wash day for me too.

I used UFD/ICH and just a tad of the Trepadora Papaya Slip since I'd been too heavy handed the last 2 times I tried it. I applied product then added more water at each step. So far so good. My hair is 80% dry right now. Let's see how this holds up this week.

End of Day 3 - and so far so good. I really need to keep my hands out of my hair, lol, but it feels so good. I think the extra water I added in the application process helped a lot too. Even those unruly sections had more "ack right." Today marks my first day back at the gym. I was nervous to see how my hair would stand up, but it still looks pretty good.

toaster

Which other Briogeo conditioners have you tried? And are they as thick as curl charisma?
In my opinion the farewell frizz is a close second to curl charisma in thickness and slip factor.

I also have used their banana conditioner which is quite lightweight, but it still detangles pretty well.

Ive never tried the dont despair, repair line (DC or the new conditioner).

GettingKinky

In my opinion the farewell frizz is a close second to curl charisma in thickness and slip factor.

I also have used their banana conditioner which is quite lightweight, but it still detangles pretty well.

Ive never tried the dont despair, repair line (DC or the new conditioner).
I really like the don’t despair repair conditioner. But they used to have keratin and then they changed the formula so I don’t know if it’s still good.

I was curious about the banana conditioner, but my hair likes thick heavy conditioner so I won’t try that one.

sunshinebeautiful

UGH. I was looking so forward to getting my curly cut this Friday. Wouldn't you know a job interview popped up at the exact same time?! I had to cancel and reschedule. The earliest appointment is in June. Welp, I guess I'll just let my hair keep on growing until then.

GettingKinky

I’m always trying to get more movement with my WnG. The last few weeks I’ve had good results in that respect, and I think it’s from using a heavy conditioner. Now I want to hurry and finish my color radiance so I can switch to curl charisma, but I think the bottle in my stash will last at least 7 months. I started my current bottle in November and I still have ~1/4 of the bottle left.
That’s the problem with buying huge bottles, it’s more cost effective, but they last forever and a day.

VictoriousBrownFlower

@VictoriousBrownFlower I love the lipstick you are wearing in the Feb picture. When this whole mask thing is over I want to start wearing lipstick/gloss
its actually nyx extra creamy round lipstick in chloe.... i love nyx and colourpop for cheap but really nice lipsticks.... i feel u though i only wear makeup when i'm around the house trying out different looks and its getting on my nerves. i wanna wear makeup again and just live normally.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I was in Harmon Face Values and picked up a Big Poppa Gel from The Doux. They had Twisted Sista gel which I used in the past as a base under something hard hold. Very nice affordable gel. I was going to pick it up but I have a few stylers to get to. Just an FYI if anyone is looking for an affordable styler.

Pure Clean Gel by Garnier is another one. Tiny bottle though but nice gel you can get on ground.

GettingKinky

I went to my stylist yesterday to color my gray. She is always amazed at my shrinkage and I can tell she wants to see it longer. She kept saying it was too bad that there aren’t any gels that truly elongate your curls and wondering what my hair would look like with a blow out. :drunk:

LavenderMint

After a week in the Big Poppa gel, I feel like I know my hair a lot better. My part of Md must be more humid than I thought as well because my hair never had much crunch, lots of movement & volume, though. So right now, my hair is suuuuuuper frizzed out in some areas. The other thing I noticed is that it has my individual strands feeling coated. I can actually see the gel on my strands & it’s a very unsettling feeling. I said the foam/gel combo left my hair feeling coated too so it might just be that this gel is not a good match with my hair/environment.

So, tonight is a new ccs. I might go back to my UFD/Lemongrass gel combo, something I know works. I just dislike how hard it is to emulsify that gel lol like I need to prep by putting it in a blender with some water or something.