Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

faithVA

Nope you’re doing just fine! Even with my abbreviated method where I CCS in 35 mins, my hair isn’t fully dry for another 4-5 hours, even after 45 mins of sitting under the dryer. The CCS portion is the only part the As count in “wash hour”.

Can you share which stylist it was? I’m curious because I’m looking for a way to add more weight for elongation so I don’t have to stretch with heat regularly.
Here is the video Youtube Video

LavenderMint

...I think I made a mistake lol
It is 1:15am & I was done with the CCS portion of doing my hair between 10:30-11. I should done exactly as you suggested @toaster & applied in the shower- right after the UFD while it was wet. The texture is odd but the scent reminds me of kccc
it also occurred to me for the very first time that I should do the front of my head FIRST since it seems to dry out first & worst.
I’m going to bed now, looking forward to seeing how this turns out on Monday

LavenderMint

@LavenderMint did you sit under the dryer or air dry? I’ve never tried air drying with earthtones, but it takes forever to dry under the dryer!
Yes!! I thought it was my mistake. It took forever & one section was still mysteriously damp after 90min. I think I like it though. I’ll use it again next week. It’s just that I hate using jar products in the shower.

toaster

Same! I hate using jar products.

currently under the dryer with UFD and Jell-O shot. It was easy to apply and spread well. Not sure if I used too much. Naturally I woke up late and can only sit under the dryer for 45 minutes before I have to leave for brunch.

At some point this week I need to decant my UFD and briogeo pump bottles. They won’t pump anymore but there’s still lots of product inside.

toaster

UFD AND KCCC gave me an okay wash and go with lots of shrinkage!

Yesterday I tried washing and conditioning my hair in 2 sections instead of 3. I shampooed twice, applied conditioner, and as I detangled I put my hair in twists to get it out of the way. When it came time to style, I took 3 twists down at a time (I had 12 all over my head), rinsed, applied UFD, added water, applied Jell-O shot. I think that saved a little bit of time, but not much.

I’ll just accept a longer wash day, but 2 sections is the move from here on out.

Next week is an olaplex wash day!

ckisland

I don't know why I've been stalking this thread and haven't join when I only wear wash n'gos :nuts::laugh:

Please tell us about your hair (texture, pattern, porosity, length, etc)
Texture: cottony
Pattern: 3c (top), 4a (back), 4b (edges and around ears)
Porosity: low
Length: Collar bone (stretched)/ EL (wash n'go)
What is your current regimen (frequency, techniques, products, etc)
Right now I'm doing 2 washes a week. I cleanse, detangle with my brush, DC for 1 hr, and style once a week. My second wash is a cowash, condition, and style.
Poos: MJ Harm Me Knot, MJ Honey Wash (new), Obia shampoo bar
Cowashes: MJ No Suds and MJ Co-Wash
Condish: MJ Soften Me Up and MJ Honey Sweet and Nice
DC: TGIN Miracle Repairx Deep Hydrating Mask, Obia Babassu Deep Condish, Obia Babassu Therapy Hair Mask (once a month tops)
Leave-ins: MJ Leave-In Condish, Obia Curl Moisture Cream, Obia Heavy Almond Cream, Obia Curl Hydration Spray
Stylers: MJ Coily Custard :love:, MJ Multicultural Curls, MJ Honey Curls, Obia Curl Enhancing Custard
What are your length goals from joining this challenge?
I would love love love to get to a SL wash n'go, but shrinkage is a whole battle :laugh:
What are your styling goals from joining this challenge?
I was my hair to be big, defined and soft to the touch consistently.
Any current struggles or concerns?
My nape is lagging behind the rest of my hair, so Imma need it to get it together LOL. I'm going to start wearing a scarf or something to protect that area when I sleep.
Please share a starting photo of your hair (optional but highly recommended)
wng_front_4-1-21_50.jpg

ckisland

My DC wash day was yesterday, and for my styler I tried MJ Jelly Soft Curls for the first time.
Ummm. . . The whole internet is a lie!!! Miss Jessie's lied and so did all the reviews I watched on YT!! Soft hold?!! Where??? This is the hardest hold styler from MJ that I've tried! Most of the reviews complained that the gel had like no hold. Color me surprised when my hair has ended up crispy as all get out :mad: .
Jelly Soft Curls gets :down::down:

ckisland

Here is the video Youtube Video
The amount of water she used was so excessive!!! And then she kept squishing her hair :barf::barf::barf: . I get real nervous when my hair foams up and it always means that I added too much product. I wouldn't let her touch my hair, but I am curious potentially layering stylers. I don't ever do that, and I get long lasting results. That might take my hair to the next level :scratchchin:. . . or it'll be a waste of time :laugh: .

ckisland

@ckisland what state are you in? I always get soft hold with that styler if it’s humid and the dew points are great but if I’m at work or in an AC hard hair.
I'm in GA, near ATL. I even used the MJ leave-in underneath, and my hair's still crispy! Maybe I was more heavy handed than I realized, but my hair's also super frizzy. How Sway :rolleyes:?!

sunshinebeautiful

My DC wash day was yesterday, and for my styler I tried MJ Jelly Soft Curls for the first time.
Ummm. . . The whole internet is a lie!!! Miss Jessie's lied and so did all the reviews I watched on YT!! Soft hold?!! Where??? This is the hardest hold styler from MJ that I've tried! Most of the reviews complained that the gel had like no hold. Color me surprised when my hair has ended up crispy as all get out :mad: .
Jelly Soft Curls gets :down::down:

So interesting. My stylist layered KCCC and Jelly Soft Curls at my last appointment. I didn't have a crispy hold at all.

ckisland

I woke up late and jumped in the shower to do a quick wash n'go. I cowashed, conditioned, styled and showered in 15 mins :toocool: . I did the whole process with no sections (which I never do), using MJ Leave-in and Honey Curls. I'm impressed! I have very kinky hair, so even when my hair is defined, the curls won't be smooth. I'm very happy with the definition I got applying the Honey Curls all over. I scrunched a little and put on my turbie twist to stop the drippies. I think if I had dealt with water streaming down my neck :laugh:, then my results would have been a little bit more defined.

It's good to know that I can real jump in the shower and BAM be done!

GettingKinky

I woke up late and jumped in the shower to do a quick wash n'go. I cowashed, conditioned, styled and showered in 15 mins :toocool: . I did the whole process with no sections (which I never do), using MJ Leave-in and Honey Curls. I'm impressed! I have very kinky hair, so even when my hair is defined, the curls won't be smooth. I'm very happy with the definition I got applying the Honey Curls all over. I scrunched a little and put on my turbie twist to stop the drippies. I think if I had dealt with water streaming down my neck :laugh:, then my results would have been a little bit more defined.

It's good to know that I can real jump in the shower and BAM be done!
15 minutes?? That’s awesome!!!

I would love to get my process that quick, but it takes me 10-15 minutes to wash condition and detangle. Closer to 10 if I only lather once.

ckisland

15 minutes?? That’s awesome!!!

I would love to get my process that quick, but it takes me 10-15 minutes to wash condition and detangle. Closer to 10 if I only lather once.
I only did a bare minimum finger detangle. When I actually detangle my hair, I end up parting my hair in 8 sections, applying my DC, finger detangling first, and then using my brush. My hair likes to fight back when I detangle :boxing:. I think the fastest I've washed and detangled has been 20-ish mins, and my hair isn't even long yet :crybaby:. I would love to get that time down too :scratchchin:.