Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

DVAntDany

I timed myself today
0:15 shampoo 2x, condition, detangle
0:25 wash body, rinse conditioner, apply 3 stylers, style
0:10 diffuse
1:04 from get in shower to ready to leave the house (hair, wash body, wash face, apply face products, makeup, get dressed)

Today’s products

Shampoo Color radiance/Elucence
Conditioner color radiance
Stylers UFD/ICH/IP
That is really quick. I don’t know if I would have been able I get the makeup part done in such a timely manner.

Also, what does IP stand for? Please don’t make me guess.

oneastrocurlie

I timed myself today
0:15 shampoo 2x, condition, detangle
0:25 wash body, rinse conditioner, apply 3 stylers, style
0:10 diffuse
1:04 from get in shower to ready to leave the house (hair, wash body, wash face, apply face products, makeup, get dressed)

Today’s products

Shampoo Color radiance/Elucence
Conditioner color radiance
Stylers UFD/ICH/IP

Nice! How's the inner peace?

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I'm thinking I might get a hooded dryer for my birthday so I can get back in the swing of wash n goes. I hate how long my hair takes to dry. It takes forever even with my dyson diffuser. I definitely will not walk around with wet hair in the late fall/winter time. I was thinking about getting a colins dryer but it may be too expensive for me and my budget. They have those egg dryers which look cool but those are kind of pricey too. I have a kinky curly headband wig that looks like my wash n go which I may just use instead and leave my hair alone. Idk

DVAntDany

I'm thinking I might get a hooded dryer for my birthday so I can get back in the swing of wash n goes. I hate how long my hair takes to dry. It takes forever even with my dyson diffuser. I definitely will not walk around with wet hair in the late fall/winter time. I was thinking about getting a colins dryer but it may be too expensive for me and my budget. They have those egg dryers which look cool but those are kind of pricey too. I have a kinky curly headband wig that looks like my wash n go which I may just use instead and leave my hair alone. Idk
It will make a world of a difference even if you get a more affordable table top.

GettingKinky

Nice! How's the inner peace?
This is first time I’ve tried it and not hated it. My technique has gotten much better and my hair is in a lot better condition than the last time I tried it.
But the finish isn’t as matte as when I use Mousse Def after UFD/ICH

I used so little of it (just a fingertip- well emulsified) that the container will last me a lifetime. Literally.

DVAntDany

I’m thinking about switching up my part. Before I went to my CIK stylist, I had no part. Ever since my appointment, I’ve been doing the deep side part. I believe this deep side part has been the major contributor of my hair woes.

This is what I usually look like. One side up and the other side completely down.
3ACF4B58-F865-4442-B5D3-735C7ABAE534.jpeg

This is me on a better day
3ECC4778-A871-4DE9-9947-B5D5563C844F.jpeg

or

4B5DBE57-B19B-442D-831C-D1BB1C6E9D0B.jpeg

I think it might look better to do a middle part or no part at all.

Also, I had an interesting FaceTime chat with my 3 year old niece (soon to be 4) last week. She called me before school and asked if I were going too. I told her I don’t go to school anymore. Then she asked if I didn’t want to go to school because I didn’t like my hair. Earlier in our conversation she also asked what did I do to my hair. Mind you this was after my hair shrunk up after using the Pattern Beauty curl gel.

I’ve never said anything negative about my hair around her. I rarely talk about my hair to her. These were the thoughts out of her head.

faithVA

I’m thinking about switching up my part. Before I went to my CIK stylist, I had no part. Ever since my appointment, I’ve been doing the deep side part. I believe this deep side part has been the major contributor of my hair woes.

This is what I usually look like. One side up and the other side completely down.
View attachment 475665

This is me on a better day
View attachment 475667

or

View attachment 475669

I think it might look better to do a middle part or no part at all.

Also, I had an interesting FaceTime chat with my 3 year old niece (soon to be 4) last week. She called me before school and asked if I were going too. I told her I don’t go to school anymore. Then she asked if I didn’t want to go to school because I didn’t like my hair. Earlier in our conversation she also asked what did I do to my hair. Mind you this was after my hair shrunk up after using the Pattern Beauty curl gel.

I’ve never said anything negative about my hair around her. I rarely talk about my hair to her. These were the thoughts out of her head.
I think you should try no part and see how that turns out.

Your niece may just be in tune to how you feel about your hair. It is definitely different. When you find what you love, she will love it too :yep: