Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

DVAntDany

I redownloaded the new wash your damn hair ebook.

It’s full of typos and formatting errors, but the content is pretty much the same.

The recommended products list doesn’t have anything on there that you wouldn’t expect either. Worth a download if you already paid for it, I guess.
I will not be buying the book. I went on the SSC society site and people made note that they kept their subscription to have access to the book. One person was asking would they get a code or something. The moderators are denying their claim and saying no one said they had to keep the subscription in order to access the book. I personally recall blondie saying at one point.

Also, the ebook is $75 now. All I ever wanted was product recommendations. They supposedly use to have drugstore brands that people could easily pick up.

If it’s not really new with the addendum and filled with typos, then I don’t see the purpose of getting it.

DVAntDany

I gave up and posted a link. LOL

It takes me an hour! I do really small sections since my curls are tiny. The time it takes is a small price to pay as it has been giving me consistent results as far as longevity is concerned.
I screen shot a pic already on my phone and then upload that. It has to do with the picture size.

GettingKinky

I will not be buying the book. I went on the SSC society site and people made note that they kept their subscription to have access to the book. One person was asking would they get a code or something. The moderators are denying their claim and saying no one said they had to keep the subscription in order to access the book. I personally recall blondie saying at one point.

Also, the ebook is $75 now. All I ever wanted was product recommendations. They supposedly use to have drugstore brands that people could easily pick up.

If it’s not really new with the addendum and filled with typos, then I don’t see the purpose of getting it.
$75 for an ebook?!?!? Who do they think they are? You can get the hardcover Milady cosmology book for $98 on Amazon.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
@Napp @toaster I admire your patience. I just can’t get myself to spend the extra time on styling. I just pay the price later with big hair on day 6-7 or I put it in a puff. One day I’ll try putting the extra effort into styling.
But my other goal is to get the whole process down to 20 minutes so a mid week wash isn’t a big deal.
I was doing the midweek wash but I prefer the 7day longevity I'm getting with shingling. I don't think I can go back to the midweek wash and wear a wash and go style. It would have to be a bun or something.

GettingKinky

I just got home from my maintenance cut. I went with a 5 day old wash n go so she could see what my set looks like as it lives. (Last time I went on day 2)

The Good
  • She LOVED my set.
  • She touched up my shape and then did a curl by curl trim. The service took about an hour.
  • She also let me book my next cut in February so I don’t have to wait for her to open her calendar in January.
The Bad -
  • the weather is awful so my round trip drive was 3:10. If it weren’t so hard to get an appointment I would have cancelled. She said she actually thought about closing the salon for the day because the weather was so bad
  • She wasn’t finished with her previous client when I got there so I had to wait 20 minutes and then she had to go back and finish that client once she got out from under the dryer so all I was there an extra 30 minutes
I really like her work, I just wish she was closer to me. Hopefully the drive in February won’t be miserable/stressful like this time.

faithVA

I just got home from my maintenance cut. I went with a 5 day old wash n go so she could see what my set looks like as it lives. (Last time I went on day 2)

The Good
  • She LOVED my set.
  • She touched up my shape and then did a curl by curl trim. The service took about an hour.
  • She also let me book my next cut in February so I don’t have to wait for her to open her calendar in January.
The Bad -
  • the weather is awful so my round trip drive was 3:10. If it weren’t so hard to get an appointment I would have cancelled. She said she actually thought about closing the salon for the day because the weather was so bad
  • She wasn’t finished with her previous client when I got there so I had to wait 20 minutes and then she had to go back and finish that client once she got out from under the dryer so all I was there an extra 30 minutes
I really like her work, I just wish she was closer to me. Hopefully the drive in February won’t be miserable/stressful like this time.
Besides the drive, I'm glad your cut experience was mostly positive. Looking forward to seeing your hair.

GettingKinky

Despite the fact that my cut was on day 5 and my stylist was parting it and pulling on it to do the cut, I still like the way it looks today. It’s extremely full and not super defined, but the shape keeps it looking nice.
The first 2 are pictures she took last night after the cut. The last picture is this morning. 6289A629-7E03-49A6-AB32-733A0855179F.jpeg8EEEF7C1-C252-4BEC-8E77-1A1752164AD7.jpegDE7027CD-B7E6-4EE5-A64E-31AFC9BA2A15.jpeg

faithVA

Despite the fact that my cut was on day 5 and my stylist was parting it and pulling on it to do the cut, I still like the way it looks today. It’s extremely full and not super defined, but the shape keeps it looking nice.
The first 2 are pictures she took last night after the cut. The last picture is this morning. View attachment 476659

Your hair looks fabulous .I love the shape. It looks so full.

GettingKinky

I had a women’s round table discussion yesterday with our CEO and a high level VP. Or course I was the only black person in the room. I wore my big fluffy wash n go unapologetically. It was to the point where I normally put it in a puff or half up/half down, but my cut is awesome so I just let it be. :)

toaster

It’s moving weekend so I have my hair in about 22 twists. Used UFD and mousse def. They should last until our furniture and toiletries are delivered again.

While moving I realized I only need 9 hair products, so that’s all I kept!

olaplex step 0
Olaplex step 3
Malibu c undo goo
AG shampoo
Inner sense hydrating cleanser
Briogeo curl charisma conditioner
UFD
Jello shot
Mousse def

faithVA

It’s moving weekend so I have my hair in about 22 twists. Used UFD and mousse def. They should last until our furniture and toiletries are delivered again.

While moving I realized I only need 9 hair products, so that’s all I kept!

olaplex step 0
Olaplex step 3
Malibu c undo goo
AG shampoo
Inner sense hydrating cleanser
Briogeo curl charisma conditioner
UFD
Jello shot
Mousse def
How much did you get rid of?

toaster

How much did you get rid of?
Not as much as I thought I would!

I got rid of:

those Nurture hair gels that were supposed to be the same as the curlformer gel.

The doux pop lock (I actually loved this as a topper gel and would buy again, but don’t need this and Jell-O shot)

It’s a 10 leave in and gel (these gave me a good 4 day wash and go, but that’s not what I’m after)

I think that’s it? I was surprised I didn’t have more, but I do a clear out every once and a while to make sure I’m not hoarding.