Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

faithVA

Here is day 2 start. She is already looking better. It definitely took the first 5 minutes for my hair to start accepting water, so I did the full 10. It wasn't too bad. I must spend almost 10 minutes doing this step anyway to try to force my hair to take on some water. I put the shower head against my hair and make parts and then get the water into my roots.

I thought the 3 minutes for conditioner was going to be dead time but I amazingly found lots of things to do :lol:

Same shot with just front and back cameras because I'm not trying to figure out pictures and cameras and stuff

Day 2
20211230_100251.jpg20211230_100315.jpg

Day 1...............................Day 2
20211229_104333.jpg20211230_100315.jpg

Last edited:

faithVA

@faithVA I can see the difference.

I forgot to take my day 3 pictures. So I guess I have to do day 4.
I feel like my hair is fully wet after 5-6 minutes so the last 4-5 minutes are just torture.

I have a bunch of sample packets of conditioner maybe I’ll use them today.
You have to learn to distract yourself :lol: Sing a song! Do a count down! Part your hair into sections and focus on doing something in that section.

Pretend like you are in the singing in the rain movie. If you are religious quote a chapter from the book of Psalm.

You just need to shift your focus instead of focusing on the clock.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures. I don't remember seeing anything past Day 1.

Last edited:

GettingKinky

Day 4

I can tell that my hair is getting wetter. It’s completely plastered to my head.

I used Briogeo avocado mega moisture mask as my conditioner I had 2 sample containers so I used them up.
KCKT for my leave in

my hair is still quite frizzy even when wet.

I haven’t posted any pictures yet. I’ll put together a summary when I’m done.

GettingKinky

You have to learn to distract yourself :lol: Sing a song! Do a count down! Part your hair into sections and focus on doing something in that section.

Pretend like you are in the singing in the rain movie. If you are religious quote a chapter from the book of Psalm.

You just need to shift your focus instead of focusing on the clock.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures. I don't remember seeing anything past Day 1.
Usually on wash day I use my shower speaker and play music, but for some reason I haven’t been during this challenge. Today I turned on music and it helped. Plus I ate before I started so I didn’t feel like I was going to pass out.

wash day is long, but it doesn’t feel tedious because I am constantly making progress. Just wetting my hair for 10 minutes doesn’t feel like progress.

toaster

Do you guys remember when we used to have hair resolution threads at the end of the year? And talk about what our goals were and how we were going to achieve them?

I hope I’m still doing wash and go’s through 2022. I hope to fix my haircut. I hope my hair is APL all the way around when curly.

To get there I’m going to keep doing what I’m doing. Is it boring? Yes. Does it take forever? Yes. Does it work? YES.

I would like to figure out a quicker wash and go strategy for travel or when I don’t feel like spending hours on my hair.

classychic1908

Has anyone achieved 14 day hair? I think if I could have it last that long It might be easier for me to come back to the loose hair side again

Has anyone noticed the formula change for Eco Slay from the tub to the pouch? I've been reading on their website reviews that there was a formula change....
I usually wear my wash n go for 2 weeks, and I've gone longer. I start with a firm gel cast and I add a bit of gel to refresh if needed.

classychic1908

Any product recommendations? How do you wear your hair at night?
I like aloe juice and UFD as a leave in, with Eco Krystal on top these days. But honestly any old fashioned hard cast gel will do. Aloe juice (bonus if I have time to infuse herbs) and glycerin make an excellent refreshing spray that makes my hair more pliable if needed on day 2 and adds moisture on top of the firm cast. This may also work to give extra moisture without sacrificing longevity, if you find you can't get a hard cast with a leave in underneath your gel.

I sleep with my hair in a pineapple or a bun, with a silk scarf My goal is moist pliable hair that isn't frozen after day 1 and the initial styling, but the curls are smoothed and sealed with gel.

GettingKinky

I think today is going to be my last day of the hydration challenge. I’m going to go back to my normal Saturday wash schedule tomorrow. If something magical was going to happen in the last 2 days I guess I’m going to miss out. :)

My hair feels nice and soft and it looks decent, but not being able to get it to lay how I want is really annoying.

faithVA

Do you guys remember when we used to have hair resolution threads at the end of the year? And talk about what our goals were and how we were going to achieve them?

I hope I’m still doing wash and go’s through 2022. I hope to fix my haircut. I hope my hair is APL all the way around when curly.

To get there I’m going to keep doing what I’m doing. Is it boring? Yes. Does it take forever? Yes. Does it work? YES.

I would like to figure out a quicker wash and go strategy for travel or when I don’t feel like spending hours on my hair.
I have some things I want in 2022 as well. I need to think about them some more to get clear. Some of them, I not sure are feasible for 2022.

GGsKin

Wash day was today. I started by rinsing my hair in 4 sections for at least 5 mins each. Then used a mix of clay, neem and brahmi on scalp and hair. Rinsed in the shower and DC with SSI Juicy Curls Hair Mask, while I showered. Used diluted KCCC for my wng and put two flat twists in the front.

Attachments

• 2021-12-31_19.10.56.jpg
    2021-12-31_19.10.56.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 31

faithVA

Wash day was today. I started by rinsing my hair in 4 sections for at least 5 mins each. Then used a mix of clay, neem and brahmi on scalp and hair. Rinsed in the shower and DC with SSI Juicy Curls Hair Mask, while I showered. Used diluted KCCC for my wng and put two flat twists in the front.
I've missed seeing your hair. You have such great hang time. Your hair looks wonderful.

faithVA

Today's day 4. Today is the first time that I can ever remember my hair starting to feel heavy with water. Usually as soon as conditioner touches my hair, my hair turns into a big poof ball. It did better today. Not a drastic change but noticeable for me. Unfortunately, after I put in my leave-in, somehow I managed to stick my head back under the running water :lol: So there is no telling how this is going to turn out. My SO says my hair is darker and really curly. I myself can't tell the difference from yesterday's. I did shake it more today than usual.

Day 1................................Day 2...................................Day 3.............................Day 4
20211229_104333.jpg20211230_100315.jpg20211231_113459.jpg20220101_103451.jpg

faithVA

I'm back to work on Monday, so I will get up early to finish my last 2 days of the challenge. Then on Wednesday, I will get up earlier so I can color my hair and then do a wash and go. The timing will be perfect. I like to color my hair at least a week in advance of getting my hair done because my color bleeds during the shampoo after my color. Then I will do a wash and go that Tuesday before my appointment on Thursday. That should give her a good idea of what my 3rd day hair looks like. That's the plan :lol: Now to just get up early.

GettingKinky

Happy 2022 everyone!!

I will still be around here continuing to wash n go and waiting for my hair to get longer.

But one of my goals for the year is to spend less time online so if I’m successful you won’t see me quite as much. My initial goal is to only check this site once a day.