Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

faithVA

So I've changed my mind again :lol: Not surprising. I come up with ideas and then see what I can live with. Tried to do my hair this morning before work and was just not feeling it. I think I have a better plan.

I will do a wash and go on Saturday or Sunday so I can take my time and still have time to air dry. I can do any experimenting on that day. I will do the full CCS and set as a wash and go. Then midweek, I will rinse, condition, apply a leave-in and twist it up. This will allow me to rehydrate my hair but keep styling simple. I can also do this at day or night because I can put a wrap on my twists. It also is simpler because I'm not trying to reshape my hair every day. I can at least do this until it is time to go back to the office.

This plan gives me a compromise approach between the wash and go and twist. This gives me time to work with my wash and go while my hair grows out. I will watch to see if my wash and go stays hydrated longer. It lets me hydrate more often without the stress of having to get a wash and go to work.

Right now I have a plastic cap on and will allow my hair to absorb some water for a while. Then I will apply my leave-in and twist it up. Not sure how much length I lost. Will see if I can still do 2 flat twist.

DVAntDany

I made my decision and cancelled my appointment. I might try doing some dusting myself when I feel or see my ends getting a little raggedy. I’d rather grow my hair out right now.

I called Ulta since I saw curly cuts on the menu. They do dry curly cuts, trims and dustings. Prices range from $35 to $65 for cuts depending on the stylist level. All I’d get is a dusting if I went. I’m more likely to get a consultation and an official Olaplex treatment of 1 and 2.

toaster

I have an appointment next week for a styling session with a potential new stylist. No trims or cuts on the table, just a wash and set.

We’ll see how this goes. If I like it, I’ll definitely book in for times I don’t feel like doing my own hair.

I’ll keep the scissors to myself for 2022. I really want to see how long my hair can get wearing it out every day.

faithVA

I have an appointment next week for a styling session with a potential new stylist. No trims or cuts on the table, just a wash and set.

We’ll see how this goes. If I like it, I’ll definitely book in for times I don’t feel like doing my own hair.

I’ll keep the scissors to myself for 2022. I really want to see how long my hair can get wearing it out every day.
Sounds like a good plan.

ckisland

Who makes the K18 treatment?

I ended up purchasing Olaplex No 0 and No 3. I saw No 1 and No 2, but I got cold feet since they're meant to be used in the salon as a chemical process. I took the assessment they have on the Olaplex site. They suggested using 0 and 3 over the course of 6 weeks, so I went with that.
Hair update!! So I tried the Olaplex and I give it a solid 5 stars. My hair looks almost almost back to normal :clap:. I'm kind of shocked that I got the results I did off of one application. I'm excited to do another application to see even better results. I also used Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin Treatment right after the Olaplex and I think it helped to firm up my hair just a bit more.

Last edited:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Who makes the K18 treatment?

I ended up purchasing Olaplex No 0 and No 3. I saw No 1 and No 2, but I got cold feet since they're meant to be used in the salon as a chemical process. I took the assessment they have on the Olaplex site. They suggested using 0 and 3 over the course of 6 weeks, so I went with that.
Olaplex 1 and 2 can be used as a standalone treatment without any chemical process. Its in the instructions. It has helped me out in a pinch many times when I was using keratin treatments and lost my curls.

Hair update!! So I tried the Olaplex and I give it a solid 5 stars. My hair looks almost almost back to normal :clap:. I'm kind of shocked that I got the results I did off of one application. I'm excited to do another application to see even better results. I also used Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin Treatment right after the Olaplex and I think it helped to firm up my hair just a bit more.

I am so happy you were able to find something that works!:biggrin: Olaplex is good stuff!

GettingKinky

After 2 weeks of so so wash n gos I have a good one this week. I think I was skimping on jello shot. This week I have a cast and the last 2 weeks I didn’t. I need to remember that I have to use enough to make my hair slimy. For sure I’m going to get a measuring spoon to keep in the shower so I can be more consistent about how much I apply.

Also I seem to get better results when I go relatively quickly and don’t try to do too much smoothing.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Since I'll be off next week I am contemplating doing a wash and go. I am not sure I'm ready to deal with my real hair again though. I may just wear a wig that looks like a wash n go lol

ETA I just washed my hair. A wash n go is coming up!

Last edited:

faithVA

I think my idea of weekend wash and go and mid-week twist are going to work out. After wearing twist last week, I didn't feel burdened by doing a wash and go today.

I kept it simple. I shampooed once with Madison Reed, conditioned, applied 1 pump of UFD to each section. I had 4 sections. I Then added 1/2 tsp of Jello Shot to each section. Added a palmful of water to each section and then let my hair sit while I cleaned the shower. I styled outside of the shower.

I did a lot of shaking so my hair is full but not super defined. I think I may add a little more UFD to each section and a little more jello shot next week and see if it makes a difference. If it doesn't I'm just going to use up the Jello shot as quickly as possible so I can try out some different toppers.

I need to go to the store so I will probably diffuse for about 20 minutes to get the outside dry. And I think I'm going to try pinning down my bang to see if that helps any with day 2 hair.

I think I'm going to stick to taking pictures 1x a month near my stylist anniversary date.